Batman V Superman Script

I'm trying to compile infographs for this movie regarding allusions, parallels, allegories...etc

Can we have a discussion on the woven hints from the dialogue?

I mean I thought I knew most of it, but I keep seeing new things each time...and each time this movie gets better (not considering the Ultimate Cut)

On topic...I also neglected to put the speech from Lex on "Knowledge is power" but feeling powerless against these metahumans was paradoxical.

I really feel Terrio's/Snyders work is wasted on the public...movie isn't perfect but garbage...?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68879234/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68905410/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69227738/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69251408/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69361178/
thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pic related

...am i the only one here...maybe I'm too far up my ass.

Anyway, another in your face shot...

There's also the redemption of Batflek...the fact that he didn't brand Lex at the end (death sentence in prison), though he did for other low-end criminals.

Well...I guess no one cares. last bump.

>a captain dies with his thread

>
HOLY SHIT...

All my posts are either trips of dubs...yet no one to notice.
A true monument to my autism.

>20 years in gotham how many good guys are left
I love how we see slow degeneration of batman and probably going back to his true self after supes funeral.

Thank you user, just what I was looking for.

I'm in aw at the meticulous analysis, this movie really deserves a Thesis video, but I fear there is too much information.

Did he save an Insane Clown Posse concert?

I believe it was at a festival "Dia de los Muertos" Day of the dead.

Alongside Moby, the is also a call back for the spear to Excalibur...Batflek thrusting it into the ground and taking it out as if worthy, and finally when at the cusp of killing supes, realizing he isn't...the moment of disillusionment.

Done with my dump. If I think of something else I'll come back.
Boys share too.

I get this is a meta-joke, but people are going to fall for this and get dissapointed later.

the thing is, movie is pretty good for its entertainment value. the fact that plebs hated it, and marvel keeps BTFOing dc, doesn't makes it any better, or any worse.

thanks based user.

I'll make one for this later.
This one deserves it.

I swear to god, there are people who were memed into genuinely believing this is some sort of high art

All these threads do is prove that Snyder lacks a single coherent thought and that anything even remotely resembling artistic creativity is cribbed from greater works. Of course we knew this after Sucker Punch but thanks for reinforcing things?

>I'm trying to compile infographs for this movie regarding allusions, parallels, allegories...etc

You're taking this meme too far.

Typical.

O my fucking god, I loved the movie but there is SO much autism ITT.

BvS was incredible, but fuck... these levels shouldnt even be possible

I don't know about you but Sup Forums wan't always waifu and muh memes. It funny when someone tries to have an actual discussion about a movie or script it DUDE AUTISM LMAO.

But than again you are on the same board as me, just one manchild kicking another desu.

this

Its not a meme really. Its sort of the reverse baneposting.

All of this was intentional and hidden under the layers. Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder seriously threw in a reference to piss christ in their big budget superhero movie

>triggered.jpeg

Op isnt stupid but autistic...?

>can't construct argument
>ADHD HEAVY BREATHING
>meme my way out of it

*sigh*...it kinda gets boring ya know.

>look at all the SYMBOLISM

That's all there is. Literally everything else about it is shit. Explaining every scene in autistical detail doesn't make the movie good.

It's really sad if someone actually fell for this.

Though, like I said, it was a great movie. With some deeper meanings. I wouldn't call it anything more than cookie cutter philosophy
>if god is all good than he is not all powerful
But, its more than we get in 99.9999999% of most movies, especially capeshit.

It was a fantastic movie, deeper than most, but don't start comparing blocking a punch as an allegory for something

Maybe try having a discussion about a film that isn't lowest common denominator garbage masquerading as art? You might avoid the autism comments then.

This
Was meant for you

Something this densely packed with meaning will endure in the cultural landscape unlike other modern "marvels".

Thanks guys saved a lot of these. Worth diving in those. This is some true art. There is so much more to this movie.
Uneducated plebs who have never read a book in their life will try to deny it.

There's a shitton of info that could be turned into infographics in these threads too.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68879234/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/68905410/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69227738/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69251408/

infographs are for retards, if you want actual adult discussions you want documents

the film was good, and I ike what snyder is doing to comic book characters by making them not infalliable but you are going too far, the film isn;t that deep but has good themes for what it is

We must go deeper.

By protecting Lex, who is Superman's true enemy, Superman is proving that Lex is right. That Lex should be working to stop him, Superman. Because Superman is not helping the human race, by not allowing them to ascend to a higher plane of existing through evolving. The human race is getting domesticated by Superman. If the humans can't learn to defend themselves they will become weak. Superman knows he can't help humans too much. So he needs Lex around to do that for him. And Lex restricts Superman from doing to much. Humans should not be coddled they should be set free.

Or Superman blocked the punch of a monster. Because it is a monster and Superman fights monsters like every other Saturday morning cartoon hero.

Not an allegory, but a good parallel.
Snyder is trying to elevate something like capeshit with hidden allusions...which might actually get a person interested in those original works...why are you so against this?

this one too

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/69361178/

The infographics are a direct result of the discussions to spoonfeed plebs and spread the word memetically.

>lowest common denominator garbage masquerading as art
Nice argument

Superman is a children's character. He blocked a punch because he's a good guy.

half of those things were probably intentional, not as a studio policy, but because animators can be opinionated muppets.

>still haven't addressed 100% of the symbolism

curse you Zack...

thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

Even the dumbest of plebs could understand this parallel, yet on they go mouthing off about Superman not smiling during these movies.

It's a tremendous callback to the pit of skulls during the Zod-induced dream. Clark's exhileration upon donning his suit and discovering his heritage is all together replaced by a newfound responsibility (weight) to protect the world from Zod. His own unrealized ambitions from the past 3 decades ("dream of a farmer from Kansas") intersected with his true father's calls to lead humanity to greatness, yet that joy was snatched from him once he recognized the cost of failure.

In Batman v Superman, we see the skulls merge on to living faces. It is a profound projection of Superman's inner turmoil and own perceived failure to humanity . The massacred humans - he dreamed would consume him due to guilt - are now living, breathing humans reaching to grasp him. They praise him as a God when he just wants to be seen as a man -- a Superman worth following instead of worshiping. How can this Superman smile and laugh when, in this hyper-realistic world, his presence is worsening the fabric of society and causing more harm than good? He wanted people in trouble to act as he would and be heroes, not sit idly and pray from him to come.

This parallel is completed by the destruction of the Superman statue, i.e., his death. Before, he was propped up as a God , reaching down to the masses. Yet in the end, he is given a man's burial and gravestone.

It is proof that when he is revived, he will be the comic book Superman who smiles and laughs due to his dream finally being realized. Idiots will chaulk it up to DC doing a 180¤ shift, when it was all intentional.

>Sup Forums is taking memes seriously again

Well said.

>everything is a meme, meme memem emmememe mememe me
ok.

Here have some more memes

>Only discuss "films" I like

I agree with these guys

It's a well made film with interesting themes, and I'm genuinely surprised critics looked over it all for surface-level complaints like it being dark.

That said, it's not some masterpiece, just clever compared to other capeshit.

Terrio himself talking about the script confirms this.

blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/

Sure would have been cool to actually see that in the movie. Instead of just blowing up congress before anything cool happens or anyone has to say anything.

>Trying to kino up Marvel.
It just doesn't work.

It's just retarded.

>implying there's a limit to the amount of schizoidal horseshit you redditors can make up about BvS

Well said fellow plebbitor!

Hail Marvel!

But Reddit hated it

This brand of autism is home grown

I don't give a shit about Marvel. Yall 2-3 jabronies doing 90% of the kinoposting have legitimate psychotic disorders.

I was on board for the jesus shit. I got what he was going for with the Camelot shit. Lost you all sometime around when you started pretending that allusions to Piss Christ or 4U CIA was intentional.

>Batman already redeemed/saved by Superman
>Suicide Squad skulking in the shadows
>Wonder Woman set in the past before she and the gods hid themselves
>Superman's resurrection is what shines a light in this world to break it free from the chains of realism, ushering in a new era of joy, smiles comic book-iness like Atlantis and Flash

The whiteboard timeline of the DCU is in Zack Snyders office for a good goddamn reason.
Its funny that Marvel is headed in the direction of going darker, when its an provable secret that DC is planning the opposite

>you think you know what you're talking about
just a few things i haven't seen anyone comment on yet, not even because i think it's the pinnacle of art or some bullshit.

Proof that kinoposting has always been controversial.

fucking awesome, well said man

I also thought about this, but couldn't have said it better myself.

Imagine him coming back as comfy long haired Supes, reborn and now determined to be the light that guides humanity.

It might be in the utimate cut. It would be interesting to see a speechless and uncertain Supes being bombarded by news reporters.

Fuck off Disney, fucking go watch your shit awakens or civil shit, you don't have to be here. gong to buy the blu ray in all its glory. Hey, cunt, I shared your civil shit with everyone while avoiding seeing it myself. Deleted that shit already. Never saw it but seeded it all of last week. Does that anger you, you disney cunt?

read

This fucking Ultimate cut is going to be round 2 of blue balls huh? You niggers are putting way too much hope in 30 extra minutes of fucking dream scenes and shit that was deemed LESS important than the fucking Man-Bat dream.

>people have to make charts, essays and diagrams to mine for even the most diminutive evidence of depth just so they can pretend bvs was an ok movie

nice Try Disney. Go Mary Sue your Way the fuck outta here, Cunt!

Calling people high schoolers for not making up dogshit theories to explain how a kids movie isn't garbage.

The director has come out and said a lot of shit that directly contradicts half of the 3deep meanings you retards are making up.

Stop trying to compare BvS's incompetent horseshit to Kubrick. It's goddamn embarrassing.

Read

Op here, I just want to clarify, I don't think any of us think this film is a Masterpiece, but for a capeshit movie, and in its own right, confined to its genera...it is.

Zacks Watchmen is what got me to read the novel, and further explore other similar literary works. Do you want a movie to not use its medium potential to its full extent.
Terrio (award winning writer) and Zack had 3 years to work on this movie...did you want them to distill some halfassed bare minimum. They actually put some things it there for people who are willing to explore it, and for those who don't care enough, its an entertaining movie. All these people saying this movie is garbage...really....garbage.

All banter aside, I am saddened that normies will never appreciate this level of mememery.
>my kids have to know

I'm a DC fan, sadfriend. No need to get uppity just because you feel the need to defend a dogshit movie. No need to be a company wars faggot either. Nobody talks about Marvel in these threads except for desperate BvS apologists resorting to labeling fallacies.

Fuck you disney. You, Rey, the fucking marvels and all the rest. go some where else if you can't handle the truth. Turd eating piece of shit you.

I'm a MaReySue fan too, bruv. I've even got Rey's Tiara of feminine femininity jammed up my ass, look come see.

I guarantee I've watched BvS more than you you edgy faggot. Bet you've watched Civil War too.

Watchmens Ultimate Cut was better (for me) than the theatrical version. The inter cutting of the freighter monologue was great.

>mfw found a new waifu
muh fridge...I'd marry "that" fridge in a heartbeat familia.

I seeded the shit outta civil war, didn't have time to watch it so i deleted it, today in fact. I am buying BVS blu ray when it comes out though, and you should to.