Neo-psychedelia needs to be more than "lol woah trippy" to be good. Pic related

Neo-psychedelia needs to be more than "lol woah trippy" to be good. Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Q3ZoMXEeQM
oliviatremorcontrol.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic related as an example of what ? Your wording is a little ambiguous.

Fuck lol yeah my bad, this album sucks

That album is nothing more than a pastiche

Literally no new ideas at all

No, not at all. In fact, I'd say this album is one of the least "lol woah trippy" neo-psych albums out there.

There are no "new ideas" in music. Everything ever is a synthesis and recycling of previous ideas. Drop the dilettante rhetoric, you'll have better discussions.

>Everything ever is a synthesis and recycling of previous ideas
those ideas had to start somewhere

Permutations of permutations of permutations of ideas past. This rings true all the way back as far as recorded history.

Arguing "innovation" and "new ideas" is just worshiping novelty for the sake of novelty.

Isn't it much nicer to appreciate craftsmanship and quality over some imaginary measure of freshness ?

fuck you friendo

innovate that, guy

I agree, and this problem is pretty prevalent in neo-psych, but there are some good albums with solidly written songs out there that Sup Forums likes to lump in with "lol woah trippy"

I agree.

I like the album but find edgy kids that think this is the greatest thing ever to be annoying. It's literally a glorified homage/throwback to earlier works

I don't care what this album is it's just bad and not as good as other psych albums

Name one

>"drop the dillettante rhetoric"
>"you'll have better discussions"
Says the guy who makes absolute statements. Imo absolute language is unproductive in discussions that don't involve scientific measurements.

Not the same user btw.

It's a pretty good album. I enjoyed it.

It has pretty catchy melodies but nobody should be praising it imo

I just like the way it sounds dude

No.

See For a style so incestuous as "psychedelic" or "neo-psych" you guys seem to have an odd fascination with the spook of novelty.

>and not as good as other psych albums
I have yet to find a record labeled neo-psych which is better.

>absolute language is unproductive in discussions that don't involve scientific measurements.
Nice absolute statement you've got going on there, Obi-Wan.

This album is fantastic
Naysayers are pretentious bitches

this is a good argument. nice to see some thoughtful stuff on here for once

Tbh I wish neo-psychedelic albums were more "lol woah trippy" because most of them I've listened to just try to be trippy and fail.
A lot of the time the vocals are meh and there are barely any trippy studio effects.

hey Friendo.

No people who like this band are I think I mean the band members themselves look like pretentious bitches

MPP and some artists considered IDM is the only stuff i've heard that made me think this is trippy

Can people here recommend trippy music

It's just some beatles inspired modern indie rock album that is quite well put together
It isn't the second coming of christ or anything but literally no one acts like that
The album IS great though and I don't know why you have your panties in a twist about it

Black Foliage has some really good songs but by and large it isn't that great of an album.

Because I sat through the majority of it for the sake of doing so and it sucked and I want my time back because it's so so long or at least felt that way

Let's get some positivity in here. What's everyone's favorite track ?
youtube.com/watch?v=_Q3ZoMXEeQM

I know that this is hard to believe, but not everyone who opposes you and your misinformed beliefs is the same person.

They're extraordinarily unpretentious people.
oliviatremorcontrol.com/

That's completely silly. It's one of the few albums that truly works well as a whole rather than being taken as individual pieces.

Embarrassing.

way to drop the "Imo" from that quote in order to make it an absolute statement

Paranormal Echoes

Well, before the vocals start.

the riff that's in all the Black Foilage Animations really gets me going
Mystery, I have been lifted, sylvan screen, and the final track are some of my favorites.

What's this thread's take on the Circulatory System s/t? I would say it's not as good as this album overall but some tracks certainly are

ITT: no one liked "Hideaway" and can't admit that great song carried the whole album to classic level

get over it. it's a great song and therefore a great album