clyp.it/clsrlgh0
clyp.it/x4bukvvd
clyp.it/n1hfaclf
clyp.it/x1gvre00
youtube.com/watch?v=ew5JSzBWBWE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feedback on this?

clyp.it/502e5hzp

is this decent? trying to make an EP atm.

clyp.it/u3wjzdrt

So I got my usb midi and amazon gifted me 3 months of Skoove Premium. Pretty good so far.

I got MJ vibes from that percussion lmao.
Second melody onwards sounds poorly written, maybe you should work more on that.

soundcloud.com/hoodedleaders/the-night

some stuff i did. If anyone has any questions about dance/hip hop or vocal production feel free to hmu mane!

I'll try and find a more refined melody, I'm thinking about including a fisher price sounding piano at some point in the song.

What's the secret to being a talentless hack? Where did you pay for likes?

youtube.com/watch?v=VnJY5u6cC7A

Proof that Renoise users have higher IQ than other DAW users.

I want to start producing but have no clue where to start. Guide me 2 the light

pirate fl studio, watch a really short tutorial on basics on youtube. play around it for a while. this is what i did i get 1k+ plays on soundcloud now

This is where I started too, just watch some tutorials and force yourself to learn it. It's worth it.

>ywn be someone like richard

its ok
we can make meme music. reminder that memes are only getting stronger

clyp.it/nxlvvfyq

jesus christ how horrible

What tutorials do you fellers recommend?

just the basics of what daw you're using

If it work out someday I'll put this name on a track as a 'thank you'.

I think the buzzing rhythm throughout the track needs to be on the sides some. It's too centered.

This is not producing.

>no sticky with links

Did anybody get Cubase 9 yet?

hahaha watch out guys the smart one just arrived

use a different kick drum

It's more about understanding what producing actually involves. It's more than just making fucking beats and fucking around with midi.

>It's more than just making fucking beats and fucking around with midi.
what else is there then

Does anyone have a list of record labels that accept demo submissions?

someone name my DIY prod organization i'm starting on campus for weekly shows

the faggot club

guys i need help on recreating the sound of the keys in this song:
youtu.be/h_ZKRFxxFU0

any ideas? is it a synth? a mellotron? some kind of organ?

its a fisher sc-300 and it seems to just be a few preset tones

the boolin niggas

try fattening up some square waves with unison, a bit of detune, lowpass it, add tremolo. some synths also have some organ waveforms which would come much closer. if you play around eventually you'll end up with it. the trick is to get the tremolo from the beginning with amplitude LFO or even LFO on the filter, just play around man. hope that helps just a tiny bit.

Don't know if anyone around here uses vocoders, but I'm using the one in ableton and getting really shit results. The vocals just sound like incomprehensible mush, basically just sounds like some kind of synth with some weird modulation effect.

Is it highly contingent upon the quality of the audio recording you're feeding into it? That's the only problem i can think of, since im using a zoom handy recorder rather than a normal mic. I just don't want to go buy a new mic cable if that's not going to make a difference.

peep this out friend

youtube.com/watch?v=NX_drnUQw_Y

So then, since we're basically snowed in here - time for some top secret project revealing:
My oldest son, Kaito, and I will be opening a small new store here in Ypsilanti called "Technical Equipment Supply".
Clothing, decks (Palace), music - lots of 7" and cassette, but other vinyl as well - the majority is modern funk/boogie & Detroit-related hiphop.
And since we're doing all of that, why not use this opportunity to make a super-label featuring a bunch of my buddies? So, there is also a new label happening alongside the store - TECH.EQPT.SPLY.
1st release (TECH-002) Soundmurderer/Atlas 7"
2nd release (TECH-004) Aphex Twin 10"
3rd release (TECH-006) Madlib 7"
and more releases coming from Bogdan Raczynski, Flying Lotus, Wisp, Zinc, etc
Label releases are only sold in-store (no digital, no online) - 7" & 10".
A few other unique items in the pipeline but that's enough news for now.
Probably* open this Wednesday, Dec 14 onward. Probably* hours will be 2-8pm or 3-9pm, something like that.
facebook...quipmentsupply/
technical...mentsupply.com/

Any comments on this?

clyp.it/5kudpree

>not understanding the difference between an op and sticky

Are there any good guides you'd recommend for mixing and EQing drums?

I can use Abletons drum rack really well to program my drums but my samples sound like shit

Thanks sounds a little better, guess just needed to up the number of bands for the most part.

awesome stuff

pretty lo-fi friend

if the samples sound like shit then no amount of mixing or EQ'ing will make the sound good.

yeaa

Could someone help me out with making some thicc ass nasty ass synth lines like the ones here:
soundcloud.com/revenantisdead/decaying

What vst should I learn first?

does anyone have a download link for the Nexus VST plugin with expansions that's recent-ish? most recent torrent I could find that's legit is from 2012

i think thats the only version you can get

guys you know to have anyone give a fuck about your shitty little clyp, you have to at least TRY to spark some form of discussion first.
>whoring to this degree
This is /prod/, not /self-esteem safespace/

>clyp.it/502e5hzp
no beat?

Does anyone attempt their own mastering? On this little demo I attempted the best I could, it really brings out the inconsistencies between guitars, they need to be re-tracked for sure. Thoughts on the mix besides playing?

clyp.it/fprynglo

word on the guitars but the drums are really nice

Thanks I spent aloooot of time on the drums, guitars def need work playing-wise, and I think adding organ and of course vocals would help fill it out more

found an old archive of 40 beats I made 2 years ago when I was pretty new still but they're all in .flp format (instead of .zip) so I can't listen to any of them because I don't have the samples.

I really wanted to know what they sound like. If you're just starting out now always save that shit as a zip file you never know.

clyp.it/nid110kl

Simple beat. Freestyle to it.

no soundcloud mr. hypebeast

Pleb here
How do I make synths sound lofi. Like a warm soft noise

EQ out some of the high's, and a bit of the low

>Feedback
How did you manage to fuck up the melody when there's only two chords to work with? Jesus. There's also no continuity or flow to the song. The bitcrushing is too much for my taste. It's a dramatic effect, and you can still achieve a lo-fi mixdown if you use it more sparingly.

>What vst should I learn first?
>vst
>learn
>implying
PRESETS MOTHERFUCKA

My audio interface suddenly started being shit and giving me dozens of underruns despite not changing any settings, turning any knobs, etc. And since about 3 days ago sometimes ALL sound coming through it, even if it's just a youtube video, will become completely robotic as fuck, and it'll last like 3 or 4 minutes. Anyone know what the fuck happened or how to fix it? Changing the buffer length barely mitigates the popping and shit. I had it on 128 for the longest time, but there are still underruns even at 1024

Is ableton standard worth the buy?

I need to record my moog

what would be a good budget device to do so

how does the cornish synth autist do it?

Zoom h2n

>since about 3 days ago

At that point something changed. Not necessarily with your audio device but something changed that affects its operation.

Did you install something that day? Update something? Uninstall something? Change any other hardware? Did you get a crash that might indicate another hardware problem?

Use CPU-Z (if using Windows) to confirm your CPU is still running at its nominal speed, check that all of your RAM is still showing up. Use Speedfan to check that you have all of your voltage rails functioning properly.

youtu.be/ReI6gvzVP0Y?t=45

anybody else love this weird screaming FM transition slide thing?

just thought I'd share

I live in the area, I will have to stop by and say the secret Sup Forums codewords for some vinyls

literally anything then just distort it.

doesn't have 1/4 input... I think I have an adapter laying around though

is there a cheaper version that doesn't have the microphone features?

u best layer da samples

look up sample layering ableton youtube

You could get something like the guitar rig HD, focusrite Scarlett solo.
I recommended the H2n as you just said you "wanted to record your Moog" which didn't really explain how...the h2n has decent mics and an input, not 1/4" but like you say you can get an adapter for a couple of quid.
I use mine a lot for recording off my synth jams as find it easier than going through the audio interface (I have a focusrite Scarlett 18i20) just plug in and press record. It's also handy for field recordings.

>focusrite Scarlett solo
ok neat

clyp.it/gdgot4aq
Accidentally deleted the damn project files for this one, want to know if it's worth trying to replicate. Also, is the lofi aesthetic too much?
Peace~

>is the lofi aesthetic too much?
Yes entirely.. It all literally sounds muffled and all around a boring track

I was the first clyp, there was nothing to respond to to create discussion, sorry.

>clyp.it/gdgot4aq
regardless, ask a question about something specific you'd like to know, it's hard to help someone that just says help pls

Why doesn't FL studio have this option anymore? Or am I just a retard to find it?

clyp.it/clsrlgh0

Anyone have any advice or criticisms on this one?

dunno why that clyp is there...

cause you are clearly a newfag

lurk moar faggot

how do you own a moog and not know how to record it?

Not sure if this works desu

Any help from u experts

clyp.it/x4bukvvd

no thanks I make a point only to come for prod

clyp.it/n1hfaclf

Not sure if these are valid concerns or I've just been listening to this for too long...

1. Intro guitar(s) - too much high end in the mix? or do they sound alright?

2. bass sound needs totally reworking? considering buying an actual bass guitar for more creativity and better sound. is this okay for now? I know it follows the guitar melody too much, working on editing some of the notes

3. please point out anything you don't like and be harsh as you like/can. I'm often blind to glaring flaws for ages

also it's damn quiet now that I've exported for some reason.

>actually responds

sorry man I don't know the rules of your clubhouse

Think I've overcooked the mix a bit. Am I right? Just need some fresh ears cheers

clyp.it/x1gvre00

I know 'how' to

But I have no idea what would be a good starter device to do it with. I've never recorded any sounds from it.

Babby's first music production and all....

yeah definitely, you need to clear up some frequencies for the kick to come through properly, maybe additionally layer a digital kick with a really aggressive transient over it
also pan out some of your percussion, it's all too centered right now and you're losing tons of potential dynamics, right now it sounds like I'm listening to a mono mp3 from 2000 (unless that's what you're going for)

I've just started learning production and whenever it comes to learning stuff one way I keep track of my progress is I discover 'rules' that really help me do whatever it is I'm doing 10x better or make something really cool way easier

so do any of you have any 'rules' or tips/tricks you're willing to share that makes your beats fire? main tips I can suggest right now is a) in your projects you should EQ evereything that isn't a drum kick or a bassline so that there is nothing in the 0-160hz range so that area is reserved purely for the bassline and kick which gives it more of a dramatic punch and bounce when it does show up and b) I sidechain the bassline to react to the kick to keep volume levels decent (ik these are v basic tips but just as an example)

If you have an audio interface (You should) just record a 20 second clip you playing a C4 from your synthesizer in to something like Audacity. Then just carry your recording into your DAW of choice.

wat

What are you confused about? I'll help you understand how to do this.

what's the 20 second sample for?
why not record directly into the daw?

So that you can sample the synthesizer. I think it's a lot better to take a short recording of your synth then work with it inside of your DAW.

Whereas if you recorded the synth from MIDI it'll only be applicable to that current project.

>sampling a moog
why
oh god
just use a software synth then if you're all about convenience

I don't plan on using software beyond just sticking all of the recordings together

whenever I try to do anything in a DAW it doesn't work out. I'd rather record, then play again over the recording and record it, etc

no snipping or post-editing required.

guts

Often times I wouldn't suggest having the lowcut up that high. Guitars, snare drums, toms, pianos, synths, and plenty of other instruments often have some useful information going on around 160hz and even below. The kick and bass don't need to have a monopoly on that entire range, just make sure you make space for them to fit in. For example if the bass is strong at 120hz or so, maybe add a bump there, and take some 120 away from other instruments. A better way to put that suggestion may be "if it doesn't have any useful bass frequency content, low cut it"

Here's a tip: volume automation. A good, professional mix needs volume automation most of the time. Especially on live instruments, and extra especially on vocals.

youtube.com/watch?v=ew5JSzBWBWE

Pic related is some volume automation I did on some vocals (on the "male vox" bus). Complete game changer once you learn to do it well.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you have a dedicated music/recording/mixing room with acoustic treatment? If so, have you found that you're about to mix better or more quickly because of having a treated room? I ask because I've been producing as a hobby for years now, but nothing I make sounds right, even if I spend literally hours on a single phrase. I have some LSR305s but I feel that my room could be the main reason as to why I never can sculpt out sounds that work in a mix.

i wish i could afford to have acoustic treatment and a dedicated space but i have to just check it on different things to be sure it translates well for now

use comparison tracks man, bring a high quality recording into your daw when you mix down and A/B them, know how your room sounds

Also this

wat guts?

Not at home, but at the studio I work at I do. It's way easier to mix in a balanced room. Shit just goes way faster/easier. Instead of sitting there like "should I get rid of this frequency? or this one? Hold on let check on two different sets of headphones", it's just like "Yup that's the frequency, moving on".

moog guts