Irrational fears thread

Irrational fears thread

Ever since I was a child I have been having a very weird fear.Normally I love diving and sea exploration but I shit my pants immediately after I see something manmade in the sea.Shipwrecks, propellers, even the buoy give me the fucking creeps.What is your weird fear Sup Forums?Also does anyone else find the pics I will dump scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IgL2ROIABQM
youtube.com/watch?v=L-56wxtOJus
youtu.be/0uKjh5OEpt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dude i feel the same!

i feel really unsafe and paranoid when im near such a fucking thing in the boat or in the water

I have it too.
also fuck large underwater rocks and seaweed.

protip: don't search for underwater forests.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT IS SCARY

pic related holy shit.

ocean: not even once.

Yeah I get this as well to some extent.
Seeing man-made things underwater freaks me out a little bit, but only if theyre not meant to be underwater.
Wrecks and shit like that.

Dates back to being freaked out by a documentary about the Titanic when I was a kid, I think

how about whirlpools?

Okay what is that?

BTW My irrational fear is black holes.

welp, turns out it is not only manmade objects for me, this chills me to the bone

how is that irrational? it tells you something went catastrophically wrong for a human vessel that they ended up deep underwater urging you to get away from danger

Im too tired to be scared

this is a real, actual fish.
they sometimes jump on boats and break them, because they're just dumb. they weight hundred of kilograms.

You're not alone bro. Im terrified of the idea of falling to ocean from a cruise ship, holding my breath under water and see that gigantic hull thundering past me and the propeller coming towards... :|

Now I'm gonna have fukking nightmares about this thing

here have another look at underwater forests.

same fear here OP, cant fucking take a dip in the ocean without being paranoid

imaging falling in the ocean that is almost pitch black (at night or something), it's ice cold and you're in the middle of pic related.
fuck the ocean.

>Bachelors In electrical engineering
>Minor is Satellite Telecom

I have a fear of standing in front of high power radio dishes. No idea why. Especially since thats what I do for a living. Also being locked inside an industrial dryer while its on and getting shot under a speed boat and getting sliced apart by the prop.

I think theres a movie with this plot...

Things like that don't really scare me, but I'm fucking terrified of open ocean.. any one else ?

u pussy

fuck everything underwater.

I have a really wierd fear of large objects/creatures moving at a really fast speed. It's really hard to find any pics, but one of the best examples are underwater propellers on the ship working at full speed.

Can staying infront of high power dishes actually harm you?sry if dumb question

Holy fuck. You just reminded me of a fear I had since I was little. I still have it, actually. But I moved to Salt Lake City, UT form Germany, where there are no lakes with buoys.

Yeah, I got fucking scared by buoys because of the cable that goes down all the way to the bottom. I can't see the cable, so it scares the shit out of me. I don't know why.

I also used to have this huge fear of pipes. When we lived in Berlin, Germany (which is basically a mega-metropolis) we lived in this apartment complex that had a storage for every apartment in the basement. When we went down to the basement, first of all, you would see these giant black cables all going to the elevator room. Then there were pipes all over the ceiling. I asked my dad: "What are those things at the top of the roof?" And he explained that they're pipes and I asked where they go, and he explained that they go all over the city underground. Scared the shit out of me. I also had nightmares about giant pipes.

Like, even at the public swimming pool, I would be afraid to even look down. I'd be afraid of the drain hole at the center of the pool. I didn't know how far it would go down. I was even afraid imagining that the black lines (lanes) were giant pipes. I would also have a dream about being at such a pool and there would be a giant pipe at the bottom ready to suck me up.

last one and I'm outta here.
I have a question for you though. which would you prefer:
>being dumped in the middle of the atlantic ocean during prehistoric time
or
>being teleported to an alien planet's ocean (the air is breathable and the water is similar earth's)

Yeah, transmission dishes can fry you from the inside out. More especially traditional "Microwave" wavelength dishes

ITT: man-children afraid of the sea

Shiit that gives me the creeps

drown

Try tropo antennas. I haven't tested it myself, because we dont use them now, but I've heard stories. Hot dogs, popcorn, trees, etc.

You and me both

What (357) user said

Holy hell, that looks so cool.

both would probably result in death but I would prefer being dumped in the atlantic at least I won't get eaten by some crazy alien sea creature.

If I choose the 1st option, I'm 100% fucked. If I choose the second one, there is a chance that there are no predators who would try to eat me. 2nd is the best option

Finding nemo

Yea dude

this doll head - titanic

I am afraid of insects in generally, but I find butterflies to be the worst. They fly into your personal space - Rude as fuck.

For the record I live in a country completely lacking dangerous insects too, and was not afraid of them as a child, so I don't really know where this fear came from.

Oddly, I don't experience this as fear, per se, but a paralyzing, overwhelming sense of awe.

My weird fear is of becoming possessed.

we have cables like that in the pacific. I scuba dived one. it's pretty terrifying actually, and I don't know why.

Naah i think the plot goes

>bro invites bro out to go swimming in ocean
>just drives off
>couple nights of drifting with the jellies

I use to go diving but T'm also terrified about the buoys cables...

Yeah not just sunk ones though, like a still afloat ship's underside scares me.
I dont mind boarding them and i love swimming but even swimming near docks are abit scary.
What is the name of this phobia?

Same fear. Even after multiple playthroughs, I don't feel comfortable finding that plane underwater in Fallout New Vegas. Once I find it, though, it's not as bad.

I probably have the pussyest fear ever: it's drinking/drunk people. Something about people (and especially women, for some reason) not being to controll their body and act as they want unsettles me very much.

Shit, thats awesome, im from an island started diving really young, 7 or 8, spend whole days diving alone.

Always wondered how would feel to watch a huge submarine pass by or see huge structures.

Oil rig I think

Here's a fucker installing them.

youtube.com/watch?v=IgL2ROIABQM

I guess it's not as scary if you're the one building it.

But for any passerby it's probably more scary.

I had a fear of sleeping and dreaming last year to the point I'd only fall asleep due to exhaustion from trying to stay awake for too long. I was afraid mainly of the moment when you go from conscious to unconscious as you enter in the "dreamworld". I think I was going insane but eventually I recovered and now I sleep pretty well.

that's not weird so much as practical; nothing really big that moves really fast can possibly be good for a human.

the human brain is at odds with our intelligence a lot of the time (e.g., the human visual system, esp. optical illusions). when you see something that you know must be big (even if it's just a small picture) and is also moving at high velocity, it is entirely normal to find it unnerving. it's why weird ocean shit freaks us out; scale is something to which we're really sensitive because we are capable of intellectualizing our own smallness. not being able to see the bottom, not knowing how far a pipe goes--these are the opposite case, in which we cannot place ourselves due to the unknowns.

if you utterly lack perspective, you might not find these kinds of images off-putting. but you should.

youtube.com/watch?v=L-56wxtOJus

I'm scared shitless of deep water in general. Like, not even of ships or seaweed, or even animals. Just the nothingness and darkness down there. I've heard stories about divers going way too far down and losing their light or having it break entirely and just end up feeling like they're adrift in space with no sense of direction and a limited air supply

What's wrong with you? That looks comfy as fuck. I'd dive there all day.

Wow, this actually makes brilliant sense

I don't know if you're the same one that's been dumping these pics lately but I do like them. The scale in some of them show how tiny we are. Diving like flying a plane or a helocopter is something I may never do so seeing these pics is cool cause I wouldn't normally go looking for them, Can't find the pic I have of toilets dumped at sea but use your imagination.

Here is a strange one.

I'm scared of getting shrunk to the size of a mouse, crawling into a pipe deep underground, and while in the pipe expanding out into my original size, but getting slowly squeezed by the expansion.

Must be something to do with my acute claustrophobia.

Don't worry fam, it'll never happen.

It's perfectly reasonable to fear being crushed to death. Now this is pretty wierd, feel sorry for you m8

i'm scared of jews

>Lel

I get this too op, it's so spooky...

OMG OP i got the same fear!!!

Holy fuck

I'm guessing you didn't become a plumber than.

I have to say it sounds completely retarded to be afraid of some metal/plastic pipes. Your pic is basically my everyday at work.

I feel uneasy when I see a skeleton since I was a kid, not even joking. 2 spooky 4 me I guess

Fun fact, that boat got refloated and put back into service. Then I think it sank again.

POV shot seconds later from the seafloor.

dafuck?

Muslims

How about this?
youtu.be/0uKjh5OEpt0

I feel bad when I watch this.