post your favorite neil young song

>don't let it bring you down

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62LTlOO2Ry0
youtube.com/watch?v=SDvVUOXO_Uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Love in Mind

Pocahontas.

Ruse Never Sleeps is pretty much perfect.

Cortez The Killer or Danger Bird

After the Gold Rush

Southern Man, especially the live 4 way street version. One of the best live recordings ever imo.

live @ massey hall performance of that is one of my top Neil songs imo. My My Hey Hey is my #1

Fuck that's suck a good song, probably that one.

>'Til the Morning Comes
>When You're On the Losing End
>Cowgirl in the Sand
>Helpless, Helpless
>Out On the Weekend
>Words (Between the Lines of Age)

horse with no name

Will to Love

On The Beach
Crime in the City
From Hank to Hendrix

powderfinger

Speakin' Out

On the Beach

Ambulance Blues

>Tell Me Why

He's the most overrated musician of the 20th century

(You)

never got that into neil young his voice always turned me off tbqh

Tell Me Why

Harvest Moon or Moving Pictures right now

Stop hating on Neil Young.

That's not Sting

This is so difficult to answer... but for the sake of obscure cred, I'll go with Carmichael from his 2002 album Greendale:

youtube.com/watch?v=62LTlOO2Ry0

It was one of the most harrowing & wonderful body-floating-on-opiates tracks in existence. If you like 2000s chilled out Sonic Youth like Murray Street or Rather Ripped, you'll love this album.

HA

yes.

yes (to moving pictures, although it's actually motion pictures).

Harvest Moon

>motion pictures
Well I'll be dammed

harvest moon is great too, but motion pictures is definitely a hidden gem.

>I wouldn't buy sell borrow or trade
>Anything I have, to be like one of them
>I'd rather start all (voice gets lower) over again...

Walk On
>I've only listened to OTB and ATGR
Any of his other albums anyone else particularly recommends? I liked OTB a lot more than ATGR

Check out Tonight's The Night. It's a lot like OTB, but darker.

Time Fades Away is great too, but a bit more hastily recorded since it's all live takes.

There's so much lore about those 3 albums...

Thanks user

Harvest is essential

the acoustic part is a freakin bore tho
(on the other other the electric tracks are amazing..)

IDK how familiar you are w/ his timeline or anything, but "Harvest" was his biggest mainstream hit. By the mid-70s he was disillusioned w/ folky pop & the pseudo-hippy industry & started making much darker and less polished music.

At the same time, his relationship w/ his bandmates started to strain and many of them were heavily into drugs. Two longtime collaborators - Danny Whitten & roadie Bruce Berry died from overdoses around the same time... and Tonight's The Night is dedicated to them.

Tonight's the Night, OTB & TFA are called the "Ditch Trilogy" because of how this period was a personal & professional low point. When he came out with "Zuma" in 1975, the sound was much more polished again and he was more commercially successful again (although Zuma is still an incredible & harrowing album in its own right.) The Ditch Trilogy albums were more DIY & lo-fi in their production, something a lot of ppl obviously took influence from years later.

Greendale is one of the few albums I have immediately asked for a refund lol
Psychedelic Pill was ok, but his other post-2000 releases are trash.

Tonight's the Night is his masterpiece, but incredibly dark. Check it out if you ever feel sad and want catharsis. OTB is kinda the overcoming of the pain that Tonight's the Night brought. Harvest is is iconic album, kind of a country-twinged ATGR.

like-a-hurricane

Into the Black

>Greendale
Haha I can believe it's a bit polarizing --- you either love that kinda slow, repetitive guitar psychedelia or find it pretty damn boring. I'll admit, there's a few tracks I skip for being kinda uninspiring (incl the first one) but the middle of that album, tracks 3-6, are pure god-tier.

down by the river

helpless for sure!

The first 3 songs of Broken Arrow

Tell me why

revolution blues is something my dad always loved

live at the filmore is the gfreatest thing ever though.
youtube.com/watch?v=SDvVUOXO_Uw

He really is. It's a joke that people put him up there with Dylan, Bowie, Cohen, McCartney, Reed, Hendrix etc

He looks like a literal retard too

His music just isn't interesting

Also Harvest is a cheesy cringey over produced mess. Why the fuck is it so acclaimed?

And people think he's a great lyricist while he's actually not even not good but below average

Dead Man OST anyone ?

Loren MazzaCane Connors>>>>>Deadman OST