What's Sup Forums opinion on jehovahs witnesses?

What's Sup Forums opinion on jehovahs witnesses?

glad I got out

Just got disfellowshipped.
Feelsgooodandbadatthesametimeman.jpg

Me too. Been out now over 20 years. It was the right move

It's a bullshit cult. It doesn't really make sense, and they only get members through emotional manipulation. They keep members the same way. Nobody ever made the rational choice to join the JWs, even though many people have convinced themselves that they did.

apostate here

After the next Holocaust they won't be a problem

>Sitting on college campus minding my own business reading book.
>Christian dude comes up and starts small talk with me. He's very chill though and is cool when I decline his offer to go to a bible study class.
>black lady comes up and asks if she can use my phone
>say sure and hand it to her
>she starts talking to me while on my phone about jehova
>I just wanna read my fucking book
>try to decline her but she keeps trying to talk to me about it
>I just want to fucking read my book
>she gives me my phone after trying and failing to call someone
>she starts talking full on about God and Jesus and shit
>decide that fine you want to take me away from my book and annoy me I'm going to annoy you back
>just literally got done with semester of philosophy class
>Start asking her a bunch of philosophical-esq questions in response to some of the things she said
>not looking to intellectually best her or some shit just to make her confused and pissed so she doesn't want to talk to me anymore
>she starts to get very confused and agitated
>she resorts to trying to stop responding to me just to get back to talking about her shit
>whips out her phone and pulls up Bible on internet
>wtf why did she need my phone if hers is working perfectly? Did she just do that to be able to talk to me
>let her go on for awhile
>see a car pull up in the parking lot
>cut her off and say something along the lines of "Oh sorry my ride is here nice talking to you"
>right before I go she's like obviously angered and tells me somewhat ominously that I better be thankful for food and air that God gives me to breath because there might be a day where he decides to take that from me
>I just smile and nervously say "well maybe, we'll see"
>pretend to go to the car and then fuck off as soon as I don't see her anymore.

Fucking just wanted to read a book.

Nice but in a back handed way. Idk if it's like pity for the damned sinners, or just smugness.

Look at Mitt Romney. Seems a nice, but common, who really ever liked him.

Romney is a Mormon, not a JW. They're pretty crazy, too, though.

My gf's dad is a witness. Converted when he remarried. Gf never bought into it and dislikes.
>ama

I was raised heavily in the truth, but somewhere around the time of my brother turning 18 and giving my dad the middlefinger when he asked to get ready for biblestudies, my dad lost all hope and didn't take the rest of his family.

"If all won't go, than I won't go."

I feel really sad because it made my father so happy...

I myself am thankful for my moral backbone, but I do not at all have any interest in practicing the truth to this day.

Hated going to assemblies most... god fucking damn, how does it get any more painful than sitting in a stadium sized kingdom hall and listening to people drone on for five hours....

>what do you think of them?

I think they're hypocritical pricks, most anyways.

It's real hard not to Fedora Lord those missionary types. I had one knock on my door first thing she says is that there is no proof of evolution via fossils. I just said yes there is and she seemed satisfied that I was a pure sinner and she handed me a little book and walked away.

I guess that's a good tactic, don't waste time on them devil believers.

Arnt they the same thing? Like what's the difference besides caffeine and celebrating birthdays?

I always thought they were like how Quakers and Mennonites are related.

For those whose who are/were a witness what do you guys think about dating a JW girl? I it worth joining just to be with the girl? Of course no one would know about me not taking it seriously but myself

to add to that

Having given three talks in our kingdomhall (the short ones at the second half ( no idea if its ran the same way everywhere else ) ) and I gotta say... People adored me. That adoration was quite special, and it's turned me into a powerful public speaker today. That skill has opened many doors in my life, and a few pairs of legs too.

I don't trust anybody who doesn't celebrate birthdays and/or holidays.

Knew a girl in high school who got "turned" by the JW's and never talked to her family again. Knew another in college who had been ostracized by her family for questioning the church. Conditional love.
Forget it.

mostly harmless

Mormons believe jesus traveled to america, and helped inspire a new holy scripture from it, while Witnesses believe in erettaing the bible, not really adding to it, just oversimplifying things.

that's pretty much it

have you heard the good word of our lord and saviour mother gaia?

That photo is so gay. Hahaha.

I know two, both of them chicks.

One is pretty cool, the other is an unrepentant sociopath.

Based on my experiences, I can comfortably say that at least half of them are nuts.

Inside the truth, it's a popularity contest.

>you pioneered HOW MANY HOURS?!
>you oversee HOW MANY kingdomhalls?
>you make enough money so your wife can be stay at home AND come to every assembly imaginable?

He who's the best at these things gets their dick sucked the most in their community.

Less annoying than atheists.

That's a very small sample size you have there...

I couldn't eat a whole one