youtube.com/watch?v=g9MVhuzY_Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNTCo2Lnw8
youtube.com/watch?v=if_WMVZBe3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fact is there isn't one

>he doesn't even underground

Here's 2.

Deftones - White Pony

I never really got into Deftones. Respect them though.

Is that a Korn parody on the album cover and title?

Are QOTSA really considered alt metal or just alt rock?

>parady
No way, this is OC
youtube.com/watch?v=g9MVhuzY_Oo

The absolute zenith of the entire scene

No I mean Korn has an album called Follow the Leader with a similar album cover and this shitty music which I am now listening to seems like a mockery of Korn's recent venture into dubstep...

Well, that was easy.

i honestly don't think those were their "best" work. compared to toxicity and their ST, both of those are too "polished" and not as "raw" as their first two. it's almost as if they sold themselves out to sound like that
>inb4 i replied to bait

I do love Roots but that RATM album pales in comparison to their debut and Evil Empire

I love Battle and Evil Empire, but I honestly can't stand their debut. I literally don't understand why it's the classic one. It's repetitive, less lyrical, and less experimental than their later stuff.
Maybe it just hasn't clicked with me. Maybe I'm not funky enough for it - I never have been a big funk person, as much as I do like Charles Bradley, Gang of Four, and James Chance. The other thing is, I may be poisoned against it by my distaste for the nu metal bands that so blatantly ripped it off.

It wasn't bait, I assure you. I appreciate the reply, if anything.

I'm not personally a metal/hard rock fan usually, so I never get 'raw' as a compliment. In my experience 'raw' usually sounds worse so I never get why it's excused so easily.

Not insulting you personally for liking it at all. I just don't get it personally.

Came here to post this

it is such an obvious parody of "follow the leader", I joked that it isn't one
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it.
Guess some feels are more exclusive then others.
youtube.com/watch?v=rkNTCo2Lnw8

pic related is more industrial related stuff, which Sup Forums clearly fucking despises
youtube.com/watch?v=if_WMVZBe3M

quit bullying industrial Sup Forums

I know it's stupid and shitty to allow a band's image to impact how you feel about them, but whenever I hear their shoegazey/alternative stuff I think it sounds really nice, then have trouble with the fact that it's coming from a scrub with a scuzzy goatee, oversized shirt and cargo shorts, who looks like he works at a 7-11

Search in your heart, you know it's true

You're right, it's stupid.

Koi No Yokan > everything else.

Not really metal but still one of the best alt rock records.

No.

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

depends on who you ask i guess

anything by jerry cantrell

this isn't metal

> objectively yes
ftfy

Incubus is the band that all the lamest, most normie, yet pretentious kids I grew up with who didn't know shit about art or music used to show they were artsy and deep. Show them Sonic Youth and they'd complain it was "just noise." But Incubus, now THAT was deep. Of course, they all also bragged about how diverse their tastes were - they were into everything from metal (DragonForce, Disturbed) to electronica (Deadmau5, Shpongle). Then when most kids went to college, joined the military, etc. these kids would brag about how they weren't tools of the system, so they'd take a couple classes in Japanese at the local community college to understand their favorite anime.

this is the most civil thread i've ever seen on Sup Forums

That is one of the worst pieces of shit I have ever heard. Fucking horrible band. Lead singer is a fuckwad.

fuck you nigger

not anymore faggot

Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip

that's more like it

shut the fuck up

you smell like funyuns

No, I don't. But some of the kids I just described actually did smell like junk food, so it appears you're projecting.

Fuck yeah, fuck QOTSA. Worst fucktier band on Sup Forums. Fucking cannot stand the lead singer. Untalented prick.

sonic youth is tryhard trash tho

samefaggotry

Wasn't trying to hide it you fuck. Fuck you and fuck QOTSA. Go fuck a rusty bucket.

They're infinitely better than Incubus.
They're also the entry level of noise rock, so if you can't get into them, you're hopeless.

Schizophrenia and Sugar Kane are pretty poppy, accessible songs - try them.

Their debut

Chocolate Starfish and Hotdog Flavoured Water

Holy crap, you just perfectly described three people I knew growing up.

Aenima is better than Lateralus, but Lateralus is still better than Toxicity. And Toxicity is still pretty good

>I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY
EARS.

Undertow is underrated.
Flood might just be my favorite song of theirs.

I'm an ass and could never get into Undertow, I love Opiate and everything else but nothing off of Undertow other than a few songs.

>not based Saturday Night Wrist
their most emotional and shoegazey album, with some of their most heavy and ethereal shit. Btw I'm the reason why it's in the Sup Forums essentials chart for metal
This is a great album, fun all around with the humorous lyrics, vocal harmonies, disc scratching, and funky rhythm section. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is better though

Everything Tool has done after Aenima has been absolute shit. I bought Lateralus and 10kD based on faith alone and got fucked hard. I heard they have another album coming in the next couple of years, but I will be damned if they cuck me again. It's just gonna' be more ego-prog techno barf mixed with some Puscifer tracks.

Also, Swamp Song is a fucking awesome song off of Undertow, just sayin'.

>implying anything was more genuine than Around the Fur

Lol I'm a fan of the band but you made me laugh. Listen to Science.

Great album, my second favourite after White Pony. It's cohesive but doesn't reach the highs of songs like Pink Maggit, fuck me that's a good closer.

AEnima is really great alternative metal.

Their sound was awesome on that album. One of the few good nu metal albums.

this

I can't, soad is the only nu metal I like. All of their albums are good.