What upcoming 2017 albums are you most excited for, Sup Forums? Pic related for me

What upcoming 2017 albums are you most excited for, Sup Forums? Pic related for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJH3Lkbt8
drunkensufis.bandcamp.com/
vallum.bandcamp.com/releases
dunkelheitprod.bandcamp.com/album/ons-vrije-fatum
juliembyrne.bandcamp.com/album/not-even-happiness
blackanvil.bandcamp.com/
cherryglazerr.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=e7_VbRksShc
youtube.com/watch?v=GFgz9aiiZlQ
soundcloud.com/svart-records/04-starik
youtube.com/watch?v=2feinkFlSnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New Modest Mouse. I have a feeling this ones gonna be good. STO is excused because it was their first album in 8 years.

I loved the first xx album, and couldn't stand the second one.

Also, Baria Qureshi was the band qt, and as an uncool non-Chav R&B-hater, she was the one member I could relate to.

But yeah, I hope they blow me away with the new one so I can confidently call myself an xx fan.

The new song was basically HEY I'M JAMIE XX AND THIS IS MY BAND

sounds like a much needed improvement

Let's not pretend he isn't the best/most important member of the band anyway

his solo album was garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJH3Lkbt8

Elbow
Steven Wilson
Pain of Salvation

electric wizard is still happening right Sup Forums ;__________;

LCD Soundsystem
LCD Soundsystem
LCD Soundsystem

the new tool albun

I already know that is going to be a let down. I loved there debut but I also thought Coexist was
great and very underrated. On Hold is not good. It's something I still regularly listen to because it's the xx but overall I don't think it is a good song, if that makes any sense. The song they premiered on SNL was just as bland. There are two others that are out there because they performed them live and they're just as boring.

Um, I guess. I mean, without Oliver and Romy it wouldn't be the xx. The conversational lyrics between them is what set them apart when they started, coupled with Jamie's production obviously. Jamie is like 50% and Oliver and Romy are 20% each.

Couldn't disagree more

Meant to say 25% each. fuck me.

That's ok

Math is lame af anyway

Also meant "their" not "there." I must be intoxicated today.

That's ok

English is lame af anyway

Eminem's new album, but it's probably just going to be mediocre at best.

I mean I thought I typed that. I do that a lot, even when writing. I'll skip a word or write it incorrectly. I guess my mind is racing towards the next word.

That's ok

Clear thinking is lame af anyway

you're a grown adult excited for an m&m album?

Yeah, I'd rather be a bit scattered yet passionate while I'm writing than uninspired yet clear because I'll just correct any mistakes afterwards.

flaming lips (will probably be shit though)
cloud nothings (will probably be shit though)
japandroids (will probably be shit though)
temples (will probably be shit though)
king gizzard (will probably be okay)

>311

this is depressingly true

Only thing I'm really looking forward to (that I have knowledge of) is RTJ3, probably gonna be shit though based on the two tracks we have off of it already

Have you heard Legend Has It yet?

I mean the xx had a perfectly good drummer as well

Kanyes' gonna release a new GOOD music comp

itll be fly

I thought Baria was a guitarist/keyboardist.

Call me crazy but I think Temples could be pretty good. Certainty has some good MGMT/Currents-era Tame Impala vibes.

Bjork

They played two great new songs when I saw them live, but knowing what a slog most of Sun Structures was outside the few good tracks, still not hopeful for the album as a whole

I have, I thought it was decent
I thought the steady robotic voice in the background steadily repeating "R T J" was a bit obnoxious, I don't have a problem with name drops I just thought the way it sounded was annoying a bit
Also
>WE ARE THE MURDEROUS PAIR
>THAT WENT TO JAIL AND WE MURDERED THE MURDERERS THERE
>THAT WENT TO HELL AND DISCOVERED THE DEVIL DELIVERED SOME HURT AND DESPAIR
That entire verse by Killer Mike was just waay too high pitched for me. Didn't sound like he usually does, and it didn't sound that good the way he did it either. Just a bit jarring and sudden.

>Talk to Me: 5/10
>2100: 6.5/10
>Legend Has It: 7/10
Looks like a 6/10 album we have coming

Gorillaz

Dead Cross
supergroup with Mike Patton, members of Slayer and the Locust

i am not ready for cloud nothings to disappoint me :(

excited for new Fleet Foxes

Thew new Fleet Foxes is going to be god-tier. It is going to definitely be different, but very good.

also looking forward to new xx. new LCD SS, new arcade fire i am cautiously optimistic for. grizzly bear. neutral milk hotel (?). nine inch nails.

Also Vampire Weekend and Dirty Projectors.

fucking
this

Wasn't there some NMH album being teased?

Harry Styles

For January, its:
1. Cloud Nothings
2. Japandroids
3. Ty Segall

Yes, people have been piecing together hints from recent artwork from Jeff.

>Cloud Nothings
not going to be good

>Japandroids
won't be awful but not very good

>Ty Segall
Ty will give us the good stuff. Orange Color Queen is a great song.

drunkensufis.bandcamp.com/
releases January 20, 2017
instrumental math rock post rock

releases December 31, 2016
dsbm metal post black metal

dunkelheitprod.bandcamp.com/album/ons-vrije-fatum
releases January 9, 2017
black metal death metal rock ambient

juliembyrne.bandcamp.com/album/not-even-happiness
releases January 13, 2017
folk ambient psychedelic singer-songwriter New York

blackanvil.bandcamp.com/
releases January 13, 2017
atmospheric black metal heavy metal

cherryglazerr.bandcamp.com/
releases January 20, 2017
alternative rock dream pop indie rock psychedelic rock

youtube.com/watch?v=e7_VbRksShc
youtube.com/watch?v=GFgz9aiiZlQ

Music videos are so shitty these days. Yes, they are higher quality but they seem to always opt for confounding yet meaningless videos now. The weirder, the better. It's just become boring to me now.

oh I kinda liked them but I admit I have low standards.

5 goddamn king gizzard albums.

Also Xiu Xiu

Olivia Tremor Control. I wouldn't expect it to actually happen, but it seems like every comeback album eventually surfaces now.
not for at least another year

Cruel Winter

also TurboGrafx2016

>Also Xiu Xiu
that already leaked

arca - reverie

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE SLOWDIVE ALBUM COMING

Wasn't the teaser just the fact that he had the word "DOUBLE" in one of his art pieces?

You really think Jeff Fucking Mangum of all human beings on this earth would be that straightforward about it?

Everyone is saying Cloud Nothings won't be good but if you liked Attack on Memory after the first two songs I don't see how it's going to be much different

>Xiu Xiu
You know it leaked?

T U R B O G R A F X - 1 6
U
R
B
O
G
R
A
F
X
-

Is xiu xiu the only album we have so far?

Massive Attack is supposed to have something new soon.

It also said 'awol bombe', obviously meaning album. DOUBLE ALBUM.

>Meanwhile, the product photo for one piece features the letters “LP” (upside down beneath the skulls) and includes the phrases “1ST 2ND 3RD.” Another asks “3RD?” (in the circle around the hands). Neutral Milk Hotel famously released just two studio albums, 1996’s On Avery Island and 1998’s In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

>Other drawings include the names “Magicicada cassini,” a species of cicada that emerges every 17 years, and “Huygens,” a possible reference to NASA’s Huygens space probe, whose mission expires in 2017. If you’re conspiratorially minded, this would seem to point to a new double album from either Neutral Milk Hotel or Mangum solo, due out in 2017. That, or Mangum has taken up entomology.

The 5 albums Serengeti is going to release

Jueles
Grimm Teachaz 2
Kenny Dennis vs DW
Secret
Clean Slate

Not quite my #1 since 'Coexist' was kinda lame and very forgettable and 'In Colour' was not my thing at all. 'xx' is one of my favorite albums of all time, though, so who knows.

I'm super stoked/curious to hear more from Dirty Projectors. RTJ3 should be solid enough.

wait a second, no it isn't. Look where they were before the 8 year gap.....'We Were Dead' is my most-hated album of all time, and 'Good News' is beyond mediocre. STO was barely an improvement over WWD. S'gonna be more of the same.
Didn't Isaac say everything for the upcoming album was written or recorded at the same time as STO, anyhow?

anything else?

come on guys lets get this shit on lockdown

It's nearly done though, she said she had finished recording vocals the other month.

interested in drake's new album..

Oczy Mlody
Brian Eno - Reflection although his last album was fucking bad
new bjork

I Hope but not hype

the new gorillaz album.

so much hype

>le edgy contrarian face

soundcloud.com/svart-records/04-starik
Kairon IRSE! - Ruination
February 3rd

oh shit thats what this was? I'm not sure I ever listened to it.
youtube.com/watch?v=2feinkFlSnk

Come on everybody lets put this year behind us. Everything released after tomorrow gets to qualify for 2017 anyway.

i used to think the same of Coexist, but i revisited it in 2015 after a rough break up and horry sheit. give it more spins and focus on the lyrics

The xx
Grizzly Bear
Fleet Foxes
Dirty Projectors (real curious how that's gonna turn out without Amber in the band anymore :( )
Gorillaz
Possible NMH

Also hoping for some as of yet announced stuff, possibly something random like another MBV album coming out of nowhere (I know they were still recording after m b v but nothing ever came of it...), maybe a new GYBE album since they seem to be putting out pretty regularly now, maybe some War On Drugs, they're due.

Nothing that's announced so far besides the new Xiu Xiu album, which has already leaked and I've already listened to.

Hoping for new Vampire Weekend, St. Vincent, The Ex, and Solex though.

Oh yeah, Bjork did say she was working on a new album. That too then.

I actually really liked the new Could Nothings single so I guess that's another album I'm looking forward to. I only started listening to them with their 2014 album though so if you're a fan I can see why you could be upset at their direction.

>Dirty Projectors
Same as above, not really an avid listener of them but I really liked the new single so this album interests me as well.

>Possible NMH
This too if it actually comes to anything.

I guess that's more than I could think of without reading other people's posts.

Wondering the same thing, wasn't it "finished" in like summer?

Will 2017 finally be the year that it gets released?

>not wanting a new 311
YIKES!

At this point I'll just be pleasantly surprised if he ever does release music again

wow, you're like a vegetable fed through a tube.

This was from Dec. 3rd

my album desu

I like what I like. Blow it out your ass, m8.

True, but I've been down this road before, with the demo leaks and everything. At this point I'll believe it's coming when I actually see it.

Have you heard Landcruisin'? They've been reliable.

I have not actually

what songs or albums have you found so far from 2017?

Yeah, but all of that is so indie-core. It's like you don't even try to find anything. That would be like me saying my favorite authors are Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Faulkner, Twain, Joyce, Steinbeck, and Orwell. FFS, m8.

wait, wtf? what?

It's really good.

see

I'll wait to see what I come across and what artists/bands come to me.

It's also just what I know is coming out next year also. Those are the bands that have announced albums are forthcoming.

Plus, I mean yeah, I like indie music. I'm not into scouring bandcamps and SoundCloud and RYM for obscurity brownie points.

I'm sure I'll be surprised by more than enough releases that I'm not even aware exist through out the year.

It's like you don't even try to find anything.

>Dirty Projectors (real curious how that's gonna turn out without Amber in the band anymore
Lol, where did you hear that from?

>I'm not into scouring bandcamps and SoundCloud and RYM for obscurity brownie points.
spotted the pleb

2017 hasn't fucking come yet, you mong.

That's fine then.

Did you listen to Keep Your Name?

They broke up man, they fucking hate each other now

Mike Dece's new album