youtube.com/watch?v=86KNVP6dRFw
youtube.com/watch?v=iI0iT1vBc0k
youtube.com/watch?v=Gnkim23NGyw
youtube.com/watch?v=k9B_SS8WNDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

metal sux

gorbutts hehehe

gorpuffs

What albums should I check out if I want to get into death metal?

The only thing I've liked is Morbus Chron - Sweven, but it's probably my favorite metal album in general. I'm usually just into black metal. Recently listened to Pestilence and it was alright.

Why do so many people not like this album

Still the best weeb metal album

Highly recommended:
Horrendous - Ecdysis, Anareta
Dark Millennium - Ashore the Celestial Burden

Somewhat recommended:
Timeghoul - demos
Temisto - s/t
Nocturnus - The Key

because for some people to be right, most people have to be wrong.

because it gets way too much credit for all kinds of things while not being all that interesting

Nocturnus - The Key
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Portal - Swarth

any and all vaguely decent war metal, Teitanblood, Damaar, Archgoat, the list goes on

they just don't get it

Name another metal album that came out before Obscura and is legitimately atonal.

>any and all vaguely decent war metal, Teitanblood, Damaar, Archgoat, the list goes on
Umm... why would you recommend this? It's not even death metal...

csso is better

Umm... war metal has plenty of death metal influence

teitanblood and archgoat have a very strong death metal side to their music that isn't just simply the inherent element that comes through war metal

>It's not even death metal...
War metal was essentially early blackened death metal before blackened death metal was coined.

some very death metal riffs in the carnage, user. play along to a Teitanblood song. the genre has always been a fun mid-point between black and death to me.

>Name another metal album that came out before Obscura and is legitimately atonal.
3 years before obscure dropped
youtube.com/watch?v=QVOASknimeA

obscura*

It's allowable, but VBE is always the cheat card in genre discussions

It's not only allowable, he completely abolished your point, faggot. Kill yourself.

to be more precise it comes from an early amalgamation of "extreme metal" styles (black, death and thrash), which then developed in a direction that most closely resembles black metal in structure but still holds many elements from death and thrash

it's also why some people unfamiliar with the style still think it's not a legitimate subgenre because they can't distinguish it from the three due to lack of experience and usually just end up calling it "black/death" or whatever

>but VBE is always the cheat card in genre discussions
how so? i posted an album that came out before Obscura that was "legitimately atonal" and you pull the "b-but you're cheating" card.

demilich was doing dissonant stuff in 1993 too
youtube.com/watch?v=uGU9M5rTX_I

also speaking of atonal/dissonance, Voivod was experimenting with the idea since the 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3uV_ZuPOcw

gorguts was never the first to experiment with dissonant time structures

you're talking to the wrong person, i was just making a point about VBE in general. take time to acclimatise to anonymous imageboards before wading in with the big boy words.

is the DOOM 4 soundtrack djent?

industrial metal

>you're talking to the wrong person
Nobody's buying that.

Second Meshuggah album came a year before Obscura

Obscura is literally TMR of metal

Pretentious random bullshit that people pretend to like for elitist cred and call everyone who doesn't get it pleb

demilich were one of the first bands i got into when i was looking for good death metal. i kept on running into - essentially - harder thrash bands, but demilich deliver the fucking goods. and Voivod are my all time favourite metal band. shame about the last few albums.

good for you

what does tmr mean?

>he doesn't get it
lmao what a pleb

it's almost as bad as "The Luster of Pandemonium" which that dmcuck kept trying to shill all the fucking time

People this oblivious shouldn't be allowed to post until they've lurked for at least a year.

lurk more

listening to this right now. My dad walked in and saw the cover on my screen. Well, I don't know what to do.

i dunno man a year is pretty long

>Well, I don't know what to do.
Get banned for being underage?

kek

>My dad walked in and saw the cover on my screen. Well, I don't know what to do.
If you did not realize how much of a fucking loser you are yet now is the time

>wageslaves calling neets underage
senpai, where do you think you are? Just because I still live with mummy and daddy doesn't mean I am underage.

Tickle My Rectum

rec me some proto metal

youtube.com/watch?v=tjbDzwjoQwA

proto go fuck yourself

Look him in the eyes while blasting Go-Zen you fucking faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=UGhZm6jUusk

how's about some contemporary proto metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=1iHRAnIA2Yw

youtube.com/watch?v=rlDInWEczd8

youtube.com/watch?v=MduQlWUoyhI

I meant more underground stuff but this also works

youtube.com/watch?v=-pb-7Gw6iGs

youtube.com/watch?v=HXRBLyLQtiM

youtube.com/watch?v=j-Hdmm304Uw

SO TELL ME, WHEN YOU TOOK THE PRACTICE SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST, DID YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS OR DID YOU GUESS!?

Is VBE even atonal at any point on that record? Does anyone even know what atonal means?

youtube.com/watch?v=QwI8sZd9uBQ

lmaoing @ ur life rite now

youtube.com/watch?v=m_ZQb0X02uM

youtube.com/watch?v=n0rJSm_Ag6o

dat ass

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7fmR8FfAo

post albums that make you want to murder falses

this shit seems bretty ahead of its time desu

who /doom/ here?

>Portal
I thought he said he wanted to get into death metal. Portal is kind of inaccessible to the plebian ear, dont you think

Why does everyone hate Caligula
The group vocals were pretty cool and Tom sounds genuinely disgusted when singing about the shit the Roman emperor did.
I love this song

oh shit, new Teitanblood EP tomorrow

literally who

I wonder if the old song on it is re-recorded or if it's just the same

Portuguese forest glam band

i didn't put a huge amount of thought into the recommendations, sure, but as a black metal fan those are some of the main death metal albums that i would recommend to myself.

and i've never found Portal that hard to listen to, really.

Can you not see why it might be hard for a listener who's just getting into the genre to listen to

i can see that, sure, but it's not like death metal is some huge departure from black metal. may as well get into something interesting instead of the standard gateway bands which are a quick search away.

nu-metal band, rip-off of Diocletian t.b.h.f.a.m.

reminder

thanks, almost forgot to stuff my ass today

Rammstein did it first

>Upside down cross is anti-Christian meme
FUCKING STOP ALREADY

post em rate em jerk em

it upsets many yahweworshippers just fine

oh great it's this autist again

everyone knows it's st peter's cross, no one cares

Was this a Rust in Peace b-side ?

youtube.com/watch?v=86KNVP6dRFw

ded thred

fucking east coast peeps not living up to their duty to HEAVY METAL

quads and the US's east coast is certified the least metal place on Earth

they're just pretending to be a triggered person because they don't feel comfortable getting triggered about things they care about
ie "big ol pussi"

The Arab-speaking countries are the least metal places on Earth, hence the lack of quads.

youtube.com/watch?v=iI0iT1vBc0k

beheading dudes and shooting RPGs is metal as fuck

Now this is proper Helloween worship.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gnkim23NGyw

You know what ever up-and-coming power metal band needs?

chuggier guitars, worse fashions, and shitty production
youtube.com/watch?v=k9B_SS8WNDw

What did they mean by this?

You're literally retarded.

anyone else digging the new Sacrificio

>tfw blasting severed survival on my commute home from school today

What the fuck is TMR?

lurk more

I dont give a shit about stupid fucking Sup Forumscore, tell me what it is.

can't really think of too many metal releases that do quite what it does prior to its release. Human Remains obviously is reminiscent but it's not death metal. VBE is very dissonant but again, not death metal and they don't sound that similar, same issue with Voivod. Demilich is atonal DM but it's not similar sounding to Obscura either, neither does Cadaver which is another popular choice for use in trying to diminish Obscura. It's a pretty brilliant album and there's nothing before it in death metal that really sounds like it, people that don't like it try way too hard to discredit it.