Why is he getting all this hate?

Why is he getting all this hate?
>the ruling class has been treating the peasants like cattle for thousands of years
>a champion of the people appears
>even left wing normies hate him

>white man
>proud
>in control
>not thirsty for poosey but also not a faggot

this character is VERY PROBLEMATIC TO MY AGENDA

What exactly is he doing for peasants? Ruling class still mostly do what they want and peasants are in the same position as before.
>normies
kys

He opposes the main cast, who are all highborn characters, and so the audience sides with the highborn characters just because they're who they care about as TV show characters, they don't think of any of the issues in terms of how it would be if they were some random shmuck in the GOT universe.

Do you suffer from Alzheimer's user? He worked day and night to give food to the homeless and most likely still does

We don't care about the pig shit covered peasants. Nobles are the educated and interesting characters. Now I understand why feudalism existed.

Bourgeoisie genocide best day of my life
Sooner or later the working man will wake up

Wasn't Margaery helping the peasants and homeless and shit before he imprisoned her.
I don't like him because he's keeping smirkfu from having screen time. Wish Joffrey was still alive to skullfuck this dude.

Are we honestly NOT supposed to like him? Because I do. He's literally the only character left that I look forward to seeing. Honestly not even because I love the character, but because the actor playing him can ACTUALLY ACT. Him and Theon and are the only major characters left with any on screen presence. Sansa, Jon, Dany....they all might as well be played by slabs of wood. Tyrion's actor is a little better but the witty shtick is too played out. Roose, Balon, Stannis and Barristan were played really well and apparently they were canned for it.

Because the old left was the one actually concerned about the working class struggle. New lefties are concerned with rampantly sectarian identity politics and toppling old moralities that inhibit their ability to do whatever they want.

>storm the fucking keep with your larger, better trained, better armed army
>kill old man and all his dumbfuck friars
>take back your wife and her faggot brother
>start giving the peasants a bit more food (which you should be able to easily afford) and they happily start supporting you again

It's literally that easy.

My problem with his character is that the whole thing was not set up as a legitimate threat. It just became one for some reason.

Literally no explanation why some guards can't just roll in and fuck their shit up.

>white man
>is actually right

This angers the audience.

Because of his plot armor.

>which you should be able to easily afford
The show doesn't mention it but winter is coming at the retards at King's Landing forgot to stock up, also there are refugees coming to KL every day. When winter comes there will be riots and cannibalism

>Tyrion's actor is a little better but the witty shtick is too played out.
Not only that, but his accent keeps getting worse every season. I swear to god, that british is so fake a chinaman could tell.

Because his scenes are boring as fuck

>literally the stannis of kings landing, but instead of honor he uses faith of the 7 as a code

Gee what are, some kind of shitlord?

I like him but I have to agree. His scenes are the same thing over and over again. Do something with his story already. I don't care if it's the cleganebowl, the Margaery walk of shame, or something else. Make something happen.

>Sparrow is Bernie Sanders
>Cersei is Hillary Clinton
>Euron is Donald Trump

>hates gays

Thats why leftest hippies hate him

>mfw this is the fate of the West in 2050
tip top lel

High Sparrow has his own motivations, I believe he is using the faith of the seven as a cover to accomplish his goals. Ironically, he too is using the common people to further his own gains, even if his goal is to basically fight back against the lords who have devastated the realm with their wars, to which the common people are the main victim.

I think he has a plan though, what he will do once he topples down Cersei is another question. I honestly hope something radical happens this season, like Cersei actually losing her trial and being executed. THAT would be something spectacular. Then Kings Landing might cease to be such a major focus of this show and they can focus on the North a lot more.

theyve got wife and faggot brother as hostages. when they see an attack starting, they would just kill the 2 heirs to the "second biggest army in westeros". would you risk your strongest ally only because you dont the whole town to see her tits?

More like day is clintons, i bet you 1 million dollars she or other "likable" woman will "win" the season and end up in a position of absolute power.

Fucking jews

This photo makes me really happy for some reason. Based Nixon.

>High Sparrow has his own motivations, I believe he is using the faith of the seven as a cover to accomplish his goals. Ironically, he too is using the common people to further his own gains
There is literally no evidence for this. He actually has himself whipped for his sins and has never shown to be a hypocrite or have a further agenda.

>Together, we can bring down an empire

Come on man, clearly he doesn't just want to restore the faith, he has political ambitions as well.

Helo dis is jon snew winter is coming

He literally appears in a scene, doles out some holier-than-thou horseshit and then goes on his way again.

Add him to the >SHIT TIER list along with

>Brienne
>Dany
>Ramsay
>Jorah
>Tyrion (le quippy dwarf)

DURR DURR TOO MUCH TALKING MAEK HIM FIGHT ALREDDY & SHOW DA SEPTA'S TIDDIES!!!

His scenes are practically a homage to why GoT used to be good. Subtle, understated character building like Tywin skinning the dear or Tyrion playing a drinking game with Bran and Shae.

You probably think one scene where the high septon talks about the altar of the seven and another scene where he talks about his past as a shoemaker are "the same", because he's "just talking" in both of them.

He's a fantasy Anabaptist and everyone hates them.

I think cersei is counting on that, for the tyrells and the fanatics to kill each other. I don't undrstand why olenna is dumb enough to fall for that. Unless she's got a plan of her own, but im not sure hack and hack are smart enough for something like this

I think Lena is fine too, it's just that her character has been reduced to crying and whimpering

Try again senpai

He also said that the crown and the faith are the two pillars that hold the world together.
He's basically Aeron except he servers the Seven instead of the Drowned God

I like how you didn't even try responding to this Fucking cuckbois Smh

Not really, in the protestant reformation times there were all sorts of Christian groups that wanted to abolish the monarchies and spread the wealth because the bible translated and printed in non-latin for the first time taught them all the univeralism and anti-richfag shit the catholics had been hiding from them for centuries. The faith militant is just the ASOIAF world's analogue to that.

>do whatever they want
>posts picture of president that took illegal campaign contributions and was nearly impeached for it
>liberals have an agenda

Lol.

>holier than thou
You're a deaf retard
He admits more than once to his sins and lets himself be punished for it too

because every fucking scene with him is exactly the same
i get the point, do we really need him giving his lecture to a character every week? it seems like it's been going on forever

>posts picture of president that took illegal campaign contributions and was nearly impeached for it
That's not what he did.

notice me senpai notice me!

also a shitty reason to think he's shit. He a fucking religious fanatic, of course he's going to work his faith into every sentence that comes out of his mouth. There, you happy, samefag?

>there are actually High Sparrow fans
>and they're on full damage control
I laughed

And did we really need all of those small council meetings back in seasons 1 and 2? They were all the same, amirite?

I'm only up to Season 2 (spoil me if you want, I don't really watch for surprises), but the show seems pretty good right now. My favourite parts right now are Theon betraying Robb and Tyrion making a bitch out of Joffrey. How much worse does it get in the new seasons?

if you don't support the High Sparrow you are a filthy redditor and should leave. NOW

>champion of the people
>literally a religious fanatic that imposes his sense of virtue and righteousness on everything that moves

he couldn't give a shit about 'the people', this is no Che Guevara we're talking about

>have no argument
>resort to middle school tier back pedaling

Watch up to season 4, skip season 5 and wait till season 6 is finished to find out if it's shit. The show ends on a high note in season 4 and turns to absolute shit in season 5 because that's the first season where the show writers have to come up with original material that isn't derived from the books.

Nigga did you skip the part where he worked his ass off to give food to the poor?

Hello R*ddit. Please stop defending this monotonous, one-dimensional character brought to you by Dumb and Dumber.

Perhaps www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones is more suited to your taste. Have an uptoke. Thanks for the gold.

All the characters you like, all the political games and intrigue all gone. The show sort of drifts aimlessly from Dany's bullshit, to Ramsay's bullshit. SAD.

watch till the end of season 4 and then never turn back again and pretend like the show was cancelled because the writers died in a horrible car crash

Am I the only one who's new to the show and mistook Maester Luwin for him?

But you already read my argument, senpai. Keep trying with dat damage control.

damn, sorry, all his other actions mislead me

>High Sparrow
>brought to you by Dumb and Dumber.

>defending reactionary fubdamentalists

Kys thanks

Yes, High Sparrow as interpreted by D&D. C'mon, son.

because he's an authoritarian trying to enforce his own moral code on all society.

Think of it as Muslims coming to your country and enforcing Sharia law on you whether or not you believe in the shit is of no consequence you will be held to obey its laws even when they make no sense anyway.

"muh degeneracy" isn't justification for banning alcohol and whores, and private encounters in the bedchambers are.. well, private. none of the sept's business.

season 1 and 3 are really strong, 2 and 4 suffer from pacing issues but are generally enjoyable. Season 5 is crap and feels like a completely different show and season 6 so far has had some major issues in plot presentation so far.

Am I the only one who thought this guy was a girl at first?

nice strawman senpai. tip o' the old fedora to you milady.

Furthermore, I'm sure reddit actually hates this character purely because he's not OK with homosexuals

>Dany's bullshit

Fucking WHY? My least part of the show by miles. "The Mother of Dragons"; how did they make a character like that so boring?

that's a fucking good question

Actually that one was gorgie porgie's doing.

wonderful post +10 for you

Now that you remind me, that stern septa is hot as fuck bros. Would love to see her in some femdom.

One of the best actors, one of the worst characters

I said that D&D's High Sparrow is boring and one-dimensional; and your rebuttle is 'samefag,' fedora' and that he's a religious fanatic. Doesn't matter if he's a little green goblin, you nigger, he is still boring and monotonous.

She's the fucking worst. Same with Brienne. Her scenes basically bring the show to a halt. Awful.

>old white men are the best actors
well color me surprised. Davos is also reasonable.

Whenever a character becomes a fan favorite or a favorite of the writers, they become incredibly boring because they can either do no wrong, or are completely immune to any consequences for their actions.

Dany, is unfortunately both with an added air of smug, and terribly written "epic" speeches. The best Targ died in season 1.

the only way they could make her interesting to me is if she starts to embrace her madness and her advisors slowly realize that she's becoming the mad queen. She starts to execute those that oppose her ruling and when she sails to Westeros she becomes the real threat, burning the Others to ashes and in the process of doing so burning the rest of the country to the ground while the last brave folk of Westeros try to oppose her.

Emilia Clarke. I'm not one of the guys who thinks she's terrible, she's not THAT bad, but a character as big and powerful as "the mother of dragons" needs someone with real charisma. They just gave her too much to carry.

>there was this one time that I had fun
>but it was AWFUL

What a shitty backstory

SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

That sounds fantastic, but the writers probably won't do this, and Emilia Clarke can't act.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just gave her the sack and brought in a completely different actress with no explanation or warning, at this point. She just needs to GO. Holding the show back.

But that goes against her having no weaknesses, which is what "fans" and the writers want to see.

Same as her forcing Hizdar to marry her instead of having her be forced to keep her end of a bargain. She always has to have the last word, always has to bee looking down on someone, and always has to come out on top. Making her a mad villain goes against all that, and so it just won't happen. Which is part of what makes her boring, because everyone knows nothing crazy like that will happen. Only side characters get interesting or unpredictable storylines, and that's because they're expendable, which makes them interesting unlike the the holy GoT Quadrinity.

You know that would never happen because Plebbitors and normies think she is one of the best characters on the show. I don't care what her fucking gender is, she's an absolutely shit actress coupled with very stiff dialogues.

read that as "his accent is so fake a chinaman could sell it"

He's a religious fascist. He doesn't punish the aristocracy for their actual crimes. I don't care that Cersei fucked her cousin. And he certainly isn't helping anyone by humiliating her in public.
What he's doing to the Tyrells completely unjustifiable. Loras did nothing wrong, nor do they have any proof that he did. A rentboy who was squiring for him saw a birthmark? Wow 10/10 best evidence, you sure proved his "crime". And Margeary? The people's Queen who feeds the poor and plays with orphans. Better lock her up for trying to defend her brother and ignore the fact that we have no evidence that she gave false testimony.

Because he's relying on the flawed faith of the seven for moral guidance. Also his motives draw parallels to the White Walkers with basically just wanting to abolish all the constructs of society, with nothing to replace it other than a general sense of "equality". Like how all the wights are equal in death. I do like him though.

stop the kinkshaming!

>Like how all the wights are equal in death
What about darth maul and the ringwraiths?

I had kind of hoped the Dany endgame would be Barry stabbing her through the back as she burns westeros to bring his character full circle with Jamie, but I guess that's not happening.

So much screentime wasted on this storyline that goes nowhere.

i mean it's not like their quality of life is any better than the zombies

CLEGANEBOWL

GET FUCKING HYPE

i hate real bernie sanders

i hate GoT bernie sanders

fuck both of them

Actually the more i think about it, the white walkers really are the most just rulers in Westeros or Essos. They are more intelligent than the wights but they don't use that superiority to do anything but guide them in perfectly utilitarian fashion. They all exist in the same cold, painless undead state, nobody takes advantage of anybody else for personal gain. They all work together just to spread the good word.

Because he's a religious fundamentalist who is causing chaos.

>>Tyrion (le quippy dwarf)
Thank you, I forgot who fucking Tyrion was

His message is right, but his methods are pretty questionable.

Because religion. It activates the reee in the lefties.

because religion is stupid

But working class has always wanted to down the existing morality, which tends to demonize the worse offs

Are you somehow implying that modern left is not concerned with economics?

The song of ice is when Westeros freezes over due to the undead plague. The song of fire is when Daenergs dues and her dragons burn evert city in Essos to ash.

Bernie Sanders isn't trying to enforce a religious morality as law though. Republicans are the ones who are closest to doing that.

If anything, Sanders is the one that wants the most individual freedom.

inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO