This video is the final project of an advanced level french class in america

this video is the final project of an advanced level french class in america

youtube.com/watch?v=9Wl8hyOL4d4

how does this sound on french ears? to me it sounds awful haha i have been doing duolingo french for one day (bonjour, je suis une pomme) and i can say words better than than them i think

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s15gLjx68Doa
youtube.com/watch?v=md3iZueUDlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1IoRqGToj60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course they have strong english/american accent but it's not awful and it's comprehensible.

sounds like the usual american accent
like you have hot potato in your mouth

>not a single black or mexican

Where is this? rural Idaho?

didn't understand a word of it

probably because I don't speak French

or anything apart from English for that matter

It's understandable if you really put your mind to it but the Anglo accent is very very strong

I don't know French but it sounds really forced, what I mean is it just doesn't sound natural they probably should have practiced a bit more before filming.

What's Kate Mckinnon doing in high school?

Outside of all the east states, border woth Mexico states and all the big cities. The rest of the USA is very white.

Send some Americans Francophile qts my way please

American accent sounds absolutely cringe inducing to us, surely it's the same for you when theyre speaking French ?

I WANT TO FUCK KATIE

i think it's cute

Nah it's cute 2bh, English accent though sound super pretentious to me for some reason

massachusetts

@french
it is surprising to me that their accents are still so strong because all those students have taken 4+ years of french classes

No

>living in America
>not learning Spanish

fucking mongs

Only if you do the same for me. Oh wait
>no anglophile french qts

>sound super pretentious
>coming from a frenchman

wew lad

C U T Emind
Oh there are plenty, believe me
We aren't really that pretentious it's a meme lad, and I didn't mean that in a bad way, some pretentiousness is cute too.

does this mean i can go to france and get a qt gf????

Do Americans purposely speak with a very strong accent when they have to use a foreign language?
I think the French do the same thing when speaking English, so it's not like they didn't have it coming. But I still find it weird.
I'm 80% certain that I'd do a better job despite not knowing a word of French.

You definitely can if you're a 5/10 at the minimum.

we will send you some stefanos instead, rachid

>AP
unacceptable

Record it then, lad.

Je voudrais acheter cinq bites noirs pour mettre dans le cul.

Norwegians also have a noticeable accent in English, just so you know. I mean it's not russian or esssspain tier but still

People from new england are so god damn ugly lord have mercy

High school language classes are pretty poor though, aren't they? What would an entire years worth of lessons cover, some 100 hours worth of study or even less?
>how does this sound
Sounds very, very American and stilted.

No ty we already have too many intruders as it is

>Le 60% face

Good, Annie is mine.

Just left a friendly comment. I hope you don't mind

Never chnge.

Oh god why did you do that?

t. moroccan jew

It's cause they're either Irish or Italian or both

Give me something non-sexual, non-racist and I will.

Only our politicians and professional rally drivers. They represent the nation and therefore feel the need to fake an accent that can be associated with Norway. Most regular people speak with a very general accent that's hard to pinpoint. I went to a burger place in China with a group of friends, and the American proprietor asked us which part of the US we were from.

in high school there is less pressure to develop a good accent. reading/listening comprehension and ability to converse

Dan is pretty handsome desu.

*...are the goals of high school language courses

Aahhh yes, Irish genetics

Je souhaite que j'étais français plutôt que norvégien.

She found the big head mode code

>asked us which part of the US we were from.
read: that's bad

>in high school there is less pressure to develop a good accent
Getting to speak in a different accent was the most enjoyable part of my language lessons from highschool.
>reading/listening comprehension and ability to converse are the goals of high school language courses
Oh, is that what the goals were. Well, they sure managed to fuck that up. While language classes were more enjoyable they were also basically an opportunity to act like a fuckwit without consequence. Did both German and French, with the same teacher, who happened to build up an ungodly amount of spittle when she got angry. Fucking hell man, some of those lessons were fucking hilarious. When she flew into a fit of rage it was a garbled mess of spit and laughter from the cunts in the class who were just there for the show.

Public schooling in Australia was pretty shit when I was at school.
Good times.

vocaroo.com/i/s15gLjx68Doa

No, it's good. Most native English speakers are American. General American is the default English accent.

Shame I'll never learn French as there's no reason to learn another language if you're American aside from Spanish

>General American is the default English accent.
You do realise how badly I could beat you right ?

>General American is the default English accent.
Yeah, nah.

Not him, but it obviously is outside of commonwealth countries.

He's right

America has over 300 million native English speakers

Britain and Canada and Australia and New Zealand together only have 120 million

Well I mean you could always visit the swamp in Louisiana or the border of the USA on the North East but yeah..
Anyway, you should learn a language because you enjoy it, not because it will be useful at some point

here is another one, fuckboy chads edition

>you should learn a language because you enjoy it, not because it will be useful at some point

You really would learn another language with no intention of using it ?

bonjoow

pawlay voo fwansay

>All this dabbing
When will white america stop trying to copy black america?

It would be a much more prudent use of your time to learn something that has value in your day to day life which Spanish does if you live in the southwest

when Mr. Goldstein decides to stop shoving it down everyone's throats

Can't understand anything Spanish/10
No but I'm a lazy shit.

there are hundreds of these

qt if-fuck-them-you-go-to-jail filles edition

quintessentially american

Its a strong accent, but its not unintelligible. Its french spoken with pretty much the same problems that an English person speaking french would have with that level of the language
>not running the words together in the right way, for example a noticable gap between "des" and "ordinateurs"
>weird intonation
>defaulting to completely their own accent when saying english words

The last one is funny, because it sounds so fucking pretentious as an anglo to say a word like "University of Nottingham" (where i studied) in a french accent, but from my experience it makes it easier for a native frenchie to follow what you're saying

its fucking embarassing when you first do it though.

this, its pretty decent as far as anglos go. Good job.

haha wrong one

youtube.com/watch?v=1IoRqGToj60

The accent with the largest number of native speakers automatically becomes the default. The English language may have originally evolved on Great Britain, but the Americans took over the development of the standard variety, while the variety spoken in the UK has been rendered somewhat of a novelty. The British accent is to English what Saxon is to German.

What a fat bastard

that's not that bad.
Besides personally in high school I really sucks at english so I won't be the one to throw the first stone at US high school kids.

guy with the vest top is noticeably worse than the other guy, who isnt actually that bad at all

A bunch of qts, they could couchez avec moi if you know what I'm saying

Now tell me with a straight face that my attempt was worse than this.

Isabel est absolutement trop mignonne :3

JUSTin

Très bon accent peh, mais mauvaise conjugaison.

Don't you know AP classes aren't about learning but passing a test?

mate, your accent is better than any of the american offerings ITT. But you studied languages even if not french, so you actually tried to sound french, none of the yank students did much more than just read out what was in front of them in their own accents

I don't understand a single word, but with a butt like that, you're welcome to Europe.

I just google translated something because he wouldn't give me anything nice to say. I don't speak French. I only wanted to demonstrate that literally anyone could do a better French accent than the people in OP's video.

que-est ce que c'est le probleme avec la conjugaison? "norvegienne"?

>t. anglais

You looking to eat?

La conjugaison applique aux verbes.

I think most people just don't give a shit about trying to pronounce words correctly.

It's true tho

did you just arse bait me yank

Replace
>Je suis très content que je suis norvégien et pas français
by
>Je suis très content d'être norvégien et (non) pas français

je suis très content *d'être Norvégien et non pas Français.

The verbe should be in the infinitive mood rather than the indicative.

>speak french to me, pierre

nonces everywhere 2bh lads

>muh tests

You know some people actually enjoy the subject matter they're studying right?

>tfw I'm literally the only one who tries to have the least amount of accent as possible in my french class
>tfw I feel like I sound stupid and just a typical american trying too hard

god I want to sound better but i feel like I sound even more stupid especially when I mispronounce words

My bad your conjugaison is good I only listened with one ear, I'd trade 'pas' with 'non' but otherwise you're pretty good bro

Hnnnnnng earnest yank qts are my fetish

Je t'aime Isabelle :3

You're going to make mistakes, man, that's just life. You'll get it with enough practice.

Listen to the sagesse populaire, Marcel iktf I was feeling the same in english and italian classes

Stay away from our women, Rasheed

Don't worry we feel the same way when we try to speak good English and our peers look at us with crossed eyed.. who gives a damn though just do your thing

>tfw you never got a qt gf in highschool because you were too autistic back then :/

ah bien sur. merci niggas

Il y'a une autre erreur que je fais tout le temp, je mélange toujours "oublier" et "perdre." Ça me stresse
merci niggas

pas de problème Nigel.