At what age did you grow out of Atheism?

At what age did you grow out of Atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j-Eb7k87gO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol you think this is bait? kid

What in the name of science did you just say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in Evolutionary Quantum Physics, and I have over 300 featured publications. I am trained in the Theory of Evolution and I'm the top scholar in the entire scientific world. You are nothing to me but another non thinker. I will teach you the Evolution of the human genome with the largest amount of scientific proof that has ever been seen; mark my words. You think you can get away with still believing in God? Think again, bigot. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of top scientists and scholars across the USA and you're going to be forced to accept science and reason, so you better prepare for your awakening, sir. The awakening that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call christianity. You'll be educated soon, sir. I can teach you anywhere, anytime, and I can recite by name over seven hundred common ancestors of man, and that's just off the top of my head. Not only am I extensively trained in scientific debate, but I have access to the entire literature of the University of Cambridge and I will use it to its full extent to bring you into Atheism, you little Jesus lover. If only you could have known what retribution your belief system was about to bring down upon you, maybe you wouldn't have challenged Atheism. But you couldn't, you didn't and now you're paying the price, you goddamned christian. I will teach the Theory of Evolution all over you and you will drown in it. You'll be an Atheist soon, kiddo

was raised catholic. knew it was bullshit by 10, I think

18. After I got a job and a girlfriend.

No, you're the bait.

Your face is bait nigger.

I grew out of believing in Jesus a few years after I realised Santa wasn't real either.

Strange, happened the other way round for me.

The more content I was with my life, the more I found I didn't need anything 'supernatural' to believe in.

At what age did superstition and fear of your own death cloud your reason?

What? I'm Agnostic.

I am an atheist but I don't think about religion...ever. It isn't something worth thinking about or arguing about. I don't think about muh atheism, I just don't think about any of it at all.

After I got out of high school.
Back then it was just a funny thing, being edgy and trying to have a reason to feel superior.
But after I got out of HS and lost a lot of friends, and got into the real world I realized I can know nothing for sure, and it doesn't fucking matter if there's a God.
The only god I acknowledge is death, because that is the only certainty.

>At what age did you grow out of Atheism?

I know it is bait, but I'll share anyway. In my late 20s. I found that having something "larger" to believe in made life easier. The human brain doesn't deal well with certain types of worry - having a diety that we can hand things off to "God's Will" "It will all work out" etc frees up the mind to focus on the here-and-now. It is basically a mind hack.

>The only god I acknowledge is death
>being this edgy
>not believing in eternal life because of science

>The only god I acknowledge is death

i can feel the edge

I didn't say anything about science.
I am very comfortable with my mortality, I don't really see how that's edgy.
If anything it's liberating. I take great comfort in knowing that I will die, that everyone I know will die, and that everything I know will decay.
It is the only definite on life, and when you know the end of your story it's pretty freeing to fill in the details however you wish.

at what age did you decide to become a gullible dipshit because you're too weak minded to deal with reality and want a "higher purpose" lol, and a fake daddy figure to believe in?

I can see what you mean user. My mom is very religious, and she was convinced that God didn't exist I'm sure she would make some heads fall.

When i was around 18. I choose to be agnostic.

I think I was around 12.

Post-highschool.
You start to realise that teachers are some of the most leftist and retarded people on Earth. People need religion.

Do us a favor and show us the value of your mortality by introducing us to your good friend death. It would mean a lot to us user.

>teachers are leftist

kek

Depends on where you go to high school. I went to HS in the bible belt and one of my teachers was a religious nutcase and preached to us every class. He would criticize gay people, and said that people with mental illness have demons in them. This was a public high school. Literally illegal shit

>guaranteed_replies.png

I must have been about 14. Yeah, I knew it was a crock of shit, I really just wanted to piss off all of my friends and relatives. I would walk around looking all smug and shit and demanding that they "DEBATE ME!" like I was some sort of prick. And I kept telling them how smart I was even though it was really all just to piss them off.

>educated people tend to be leftist
hm, funny how things work out

Get to whatever point you're trying to get to, I'm a drunk with limited understanding at the moment.

Teachers are. They want to spread the fag shit and no God all day long. To destroy a country you start with the youth. They have and you can tell the difference. We need a real leader to come along to Make America Great Again. All we can do is pray.

>people need religion
People need whatever they can find to get them through their life comfortably.
I do not need religion or a belief in God, but I do cling firmly to my belief in fate.

You're confusing Antitheism with Atheism, go back to /r/eddit bud. They don't know the difference either.

When I was 21. I realized people didn't give a shit about you trying to argue with them and tell them that God isn't real. Girls don't find that shit attractive. I'm glad I got over that mentality and ended up getting laid while I was younger. I'm almost 30 now and married and I still know a few people from high school that never outgrew the pseudo intellectual neckbeard phase and they are still living with their parents, jobless and probably still virgins.

Okey seriously now.
When everything needs a cause and the universer had a start.
Doesn't this mean there must be something in the beginning.
And everything is perfect, so there must be a mind behind all this.
And religions excisted for centuries so there must something behind all that.

there are so many things that are out of our control in life... pretty much everything but your own actions and attitude.. being able to pray for something ( please let my child live, please let my husband come back from war alive, please let me get out of this safely )... it gives us a sense of control over our world. It is minimal, but significant in its impact.

And the follow up - dealing with tragedy, ( why did my child die, why did the drunk driver kill my wife, why do I have cancer, etc ) being able to believe that it is all "God's Will" gives it some purpose at least.

Losing the job, getting sick, getting evicted, losing a loved one... It allows us a daily mechanism to "let go" and keep functioning in the face of obstacles.

Honestly, it took some serious shit in my life before I could see the value of it, but that is my takeaway.

>All we can do is pray
mega fucking kek. yea, keep doing that

I'd recommend that you go play in traffic

You're aware that's literally only because ppl who opt to be teachers are leftists and they use their classes as a means to influence people to accept their political views, right?

So, you're not really religious either. It's just a matter of personal convenience?

retard

right - only lefty peeps are willing to work shitty hours and shitty pay to try and help raise and educate our children.

youtube.com/watch?v=j-Eb7k87gO0
After listening to this guy prate about for 10 mins i become a christian.
small steps to a perfect eye. sure...
dawkin is an idiot

>Girls don't find that shit attractive
I have to believe in stupid so they like me!

When realised there is no benefits of atheism.

So you figured out people don't want to discuss god 24/7.
And your response is becoming religious ?
Seems legit

yeah i love how he shows that dawkins is an idiot with 1 simple question.
how can you go to the toilet if it takes so long.
Look how he stuttered and realised that he is wrong.

Agnostic atheist or agnostic theist?

ITT: God botherers trying to make out anyone who doesn't believe the same as them is a lonely fat neckbeard.

I'm atheist but i'm not argueing about it with other people. I just don't believe there is a god

The real enemy is liberalism

>fucking feminism, social justice warriors and black lives matter

Then there must've been a mind behind god?

They will sacrifice anything to destroy imperialism.

Maybe 15 or so, if it counts. I'm agnostic-atheist. I was not raised theistically and therefore, I assumed atheism. I did so until I realized that agnosticism is a perfectly valid belief. In my heart, I know that there is no afterlife, no deities nor any of the things that religion promises. And I'm okay with that. One day I'll be dead, and I won't know it because I'll simply cease to exist. The only thing that there is, is the uncertainty of whether any deities exist, and that's why I'm agnostic-atheist.

Either way, it doesn't affect my life much, besides when people knock on my door asking me whether I've found Jehovah or whomever. But that hasn't happened in a while, come to think of it. They were supposed to come back within the fortnight, but they never did. I think I might have talked the dude out of it and they're afraid they'll lose cult members.

But if any deities did exist, I'd like Dionysus to be one of them.

>Reply
26. I started realizing that we can't just be a rock hurdling through space for no reason at all. It seems highly unlikely. What are we without purpose? Even if it really is pointless, I still choose a life with purpose.

Here's some totalitarianism for you

I don't think it's a case of "growing out of it". It's more to do with not throwing it in people's faces and acting like its the basis of your life, like a vegan would. If someone introduces themselves as an atheist then they aren't actually an atheist, they are just cunts.

15-16 lol.

>When everything needs a cause and the universe had a start.

Not necessarily, the universe could have always existed in one state or another. We simply don't know. And if everything *does* need a beggining, then surely that would apply to God or a creator too. When did God begin?

>Doesn't this mean there must be something in the beginning.

It could do, but why does that have to be a God? IT would be just as plausible that the universe always existed, otherwise, by the same logic, who created/came before God?

>And everything is perfect, so there must be a mind behind all this.

Is everything perfect though? We live on a world full of drought, famine and disease, of which we can only live on about 25% of the surface, 75% being too hot, cold, mountainous or wet. Doesn't sound 'perfect'. Even then, why does something 'perfect ' mean it has to have been created by a mind?

>And religions excisted for centuries so there must something behind all that.

Lots of things have existed for centuries, doesn't make them true. How long something has been believed is no indication on whether it is true or not, just that it's been successful.

>Doesn't this mean there must be something in the beginning.

How do you feel about religious values being used to make law that you have to live under?

Because evolution theory sucks ass. "Oi, I heard you like random ass mutation, so lets get rid of the useless ones, lets get rid of the ones which get you killed, lets include natural threats and breeding factor, make the mutation constant factor which you pass along your line, mix all these random variables all together and you'll get a human from mononucleus bacteria in some billions years". Mutations had to be somehow controllable and not mutually exlusive, otherwise someone seriously fucks up with probability theory.

I would prefer when people writing these sorts of rants actually had at least some knowledge,...

Let me point out a few things, common ancestry is a therm used with at least two species if used in biology. So talking about a common ancestor for man(kind) is somewhat foolish without adding another species.

Unless you are talking about genes and vehicles it is bad form to talk about evolving genomes,..

So if you want to be absurd try to get some facts right,...

no
because god is perfect
Lev 22:13

is this a new meme or something

There doesn't need to be a beginning. And there are dozens of theories which exist explaining the universe as a hologram, a simulation, artificial, or what have you. They are all equally as valid as a guy had a plan to spend 5 days making Earth while spending a day to make everything else.

In my opinion, religion was created as a means to control masses of the population. It makes immortalities punishable by inconceivable pain and suffering. It centralizes power to a group of people (think of the Twin Pillars of GoT), and it gives massive amounts of money to that same small group of people.

>am very comfortable with my mortality
>has plenty of christian friends
lol we all know it. you believe in a higher power dont you

ALL GLORY TO JESUS NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES I RECEIVE PRECIOUS BLOOD JESUS LAMB ANIONTING FIRE HOLY SPIRIT POWER LIVING WORD OF GOD JESUS PRECIOUS PRESENCE OF THE MOST HIGH JESUS UPON TROY TAKEO YAMAGUCHI, I SPEAK TO PEOPLE OF ISRAEL JERUSALEM IDF IAF PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL BENJAMIN NETANYAHU AND HIS FAMILY SEEDS OF ABRAHAM TROY TAKEO YAMAGUCHI FAMILIES, THE LORD JESUS BLESS YOU KEEP YOU MAKE HIS FACE SHINE UPON YOU AND HIS CONTENTANCE UPON YOU AND BE GRACIOUS UNTO YOU GIVE YOU PEACE AND GRACE SALVATION TRUTH RIGHTEOUSNESS PRECIOUS BLOOD JESUS LAMB REDEMPTION COVERING PROTECTION BLESSINGS FAVOR ABRAHAM BLESSINGS HUNDRED FOLD THOUSAND TIMES INCREASE FAVOR BLESSINGS LIKE ISAAC HUNDRED FOLD ALL THINGS WE GIVEN UP TO JESUS THE SON OF GOD HUNDRED FOLD PRECIOUS BLOOD JESUS LAMB SHE'D FOR OUR SINS REDEEMED COVERS PROTECTS OUR HEARTS MIND MOUTH SOUL LIFE EARS HEARING DOOR POSTS AND L.S EVERSIDE FINANCES VEHICLES AND ALL THINGS WITH AUTHORITIES GOVERNMENTS AND OUR NAME AND SUBSTANCE OF INCREASE INFLUENCE PRECIOUS BLOOD JESUS LAMB AND TRUTH MERCY FAITHFULNESS WORD JESUS IN OUR HEARTS AND HOLY SPIRIT JOY PEACE RIGHTEOUSNESS STRENGTH IN OUR HEARTS AND FAVOR AND GOOD NAME IN YOUR SIGHT GREAT GOD JESUS AND MEN AUTHORITIES GOVERNMENTS AND FRUIT OF SPIRIT OF GOD JESUS LOVE JOY GENTLENESS FAITH HOPE MEEKNESS KINDNESS TEMPERANCE FAITHFULNESS PEACE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND VICTORY MIRACLES BREAKTHROUGH AND PEACE WITH OUR ENEMIES AND THEY LICK DUST OF OUR FEET BY JESUS THE SON OF GOD MY GREAT GOD MY SAVIOUR FOREVER AND PRECIOUS BLOOD JESUS LAMB ANIONTING FIRE HOLY SPIRIT POWER LIVING WORD OF GOD JESUS PRECIOUS PRESENCE OF THE MOST HIGH JESUS UPON TROY TAKEO YAMAGUCHI FAMILIES SEEDS OF ABRAHAM ISRAEL BODY CHRIST JERUSALEM IDF IAF PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL AND OUR HEARTS LOYAL TO JESUS THE SON OF GOD MY MIGHTY WARRIOR FIGHTS FOR US BEING FOR US STAND STRONG FOR US BREAKTHROUGH AND ANSWER CRY PRAYERS BREAKTHROUGH AND WE BE APPLE OF HIS EYE THE SON OF GOD MY GREAT GOD MY SAVIOUR

>When I realized Chongs will conquer the world and are the master race:

1) They invented everything we use: rockets(missiles), paper, guns, working vertical flight (unlike Davinci), writing (where Greece copied from Mongoloid Mesopotamia) and manufacture everything today. Chong engineering > German bs.

>2) The Chongnese never abused their absolute power over the Philippines, willing tributary States (Vietnam, Korea, Tibet); all was peaceful until Euraberica began opium distribution and failed proxy wars.

3) Before the Nipps friended Germany in WW2 They would give medical attention, total release and pay POWs for their labor, and never ordered abuse.

>4) These 3 Chongs never unnecessarily nor independently decided to ravage/exploit the shit out of a foreign land like the Dutch in Africa or Spain&Portugal + USA in America's.

5) in Africa, China has been building schools, hospitals, infrastructure and employing Africans instead of shoving in bibles, taking their food, diamonds, etc.

>6) During natural disasters they all work together to make sure everyone lives; there's no price gouging nor mass thieves.

7) Their divorce+infidelity rates are far lower than Euraberica-(where lifestyles cause middleage men to commit suicide and die poor)

>8) Their media isn't as depraved as ours eg Tosh.0s 'black dildo fight' where a young boy got raped and in other videos ppl get killed.

9) they actually get shit done instead of working 1 half hour or 2 half hour a day like in Ameroupe.

>10) Highest IQs, lowest crime rate. Their lit doesn't glorify (en masse) murder, suicide, crying, cheating or wallowing in sorrow - no Shakespeare, oedipus, nor stupid poetry)

11) They never invaded a country for false flags like 9/11 and nukes (occupation killed over 70,000 innocents+created enemies RN)

>12) No Abrahamic morality or laws to stop their progress in human bio engineering.

+Mao's leap effected pop % < half of the population% the GreatDepression effected.

>We live2serve chongs

Not sure if this post is sarcasm or not

you sound like a race traitor cuck trying to justify your degeneracy

I'M A JOBLESS VIRGIN LIVING WITH MY PARENTS! IT TURNS ME ON KNOWING THE WOMAN I LOVE IS BEING FUCKED BY ANOTHER MAN! I MADE A FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO TELL HER THAT I STILL LOVE HER!

Lol, we've got a creationist here.

What on earth would be the point in some 'creator' 'guiding' evolution over billions of years just to end up with us (and a host of many other species, most of which died out). Why not just create them from scratch and be done with it.

We're talking of *billions* of years here. That's a huge timescale, and these tiny little forces that act on life can have huge huge effects over that sort of time period. It doesn't need some 'intelligent mind' shoehorned in to make that happen. In fact that only raises more questions. How did that 'intelligent mind' come into being?

Define 'perfect'.

well either sarcasm or rather profound lack of mental capacity for reasonable thought,...

I don't. The most I believe in is sort of a karmic destiny, but that had no attachment to a god.
I was raised an baptized Presbyterian, I have given religion affiliated to god plenty of thought but it just isn't something I believe in.

i grow out of biggotry at the age of 14. You know, when your mind becomes able of critical thinking

I stopped bugging people about it in my early twenties.

Atheism is not for everyone.
Most people benefit from some fairytale bullshit in their lives, and church gatherings bring about a nice sense of community that is hard to find elsewhere.

I'm what they call a ritual atheist now.

It's not religious values, it's universal morals. Name one law that is based on religious values instead of universal morals and I'll consider your viewpoint.

What do you believe now?

I find it's easier to just not give a fuck about being religous or atheist and just live my life trying to be a good person in my own right.

there's no god

The ban on embyonic research.

Spaghetti man

You will soon fap to yourself getting viciously gangraped by 3 young chong women.

You will dream tonight of drowning in their rape semen.

> We are conquered foes of the East

> Why you resist, you do not know

No, seriously