Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Had bowie not memedied, they never would have put him that high.

So just how rich are the Knowles sisters?

bowie didn't die for this...

Wow, what a coincidence, those are also my top 4 albums of the year, in that order!

3 blacks and 1 dead white

I think I get the message

Blackstar is the only one that will still be discussed in 20 years.

>niggerfork

>dead hack
>gay black man
>#slay yaaaass
>average
kinda shit

Also, Rihanna ranked ahead of Nicolas Jaar.

this. they gave MBDTF a 10

Lol

Avalanches aren't even in the top 50 haha

but hes a black star
AHHHHHH

mbdtf is good though. no coincidence that kanye endorsed trump.

As it should be

>no kpop in top 50

irrelevant

No Aesop Rock on the list at all but Anti in the top 20

I'm going to kill myself for real this time

According to Pitchfork, Rihanna was better than Nicolas Jaar, Jenny Hval and Car Seat Headrest.

who cares

I know you're memeing for the sake of your post but there is no way that someone with the longevity of bowie can be considered a hack

>Colombia
>Colombia
>independent
>Colombia

congratulations Sony!

Somebody, just fucking explode Pitchfork

>It's 2036 and I'm discussing David Bowie's sixth or seventh best album

>caring about Cuckfork

Beyoncé btfo by little sister.

It's true, the last Beatles album was released in 1969, yet, people still talk about them.

Bowie's 7th best album was still one of the best albums of 2016. speaks more to his greatness than the quality of the album IMO

no
this

>no Pinkshinyultrablast
>no Thao and the Get Down Stay Down
>no Avalanches
>no Gaga (I thought it was good...)
>no Trump Mask Replica
>no Build That Wall

yes

>no Pinkshinyultrablast
Their album last year was a massive hit.
The album starts off with bleep boops.
The best song on the album is disqualified for contention because it was released last year as a 10"
They moved from Russia to Los Angeles

honestly this
these pop albums are just fads but I think Blackstar will be remembered

at least there's no fucking Views

>2006
>Silent Shout
>2016
>A Seat At The Table

Watch out for a randomly chosen, undeserved AOTY pick in 2026.
Jesus Christ even between ASATT and Lemonade, lemonade wins by a landslide.

Just in case you know where I'm coming from on weighing in on a p4k list, my top 10 aoty picks for this year were between:
The Avalanches - Wildflowers
Anthony Jay Sanders - I Will Be The One Who Goes
Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book (3)
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
David Bowie - Blackstar
Frank Ocean - Blond
Japanese Breakfast - Psychocandy
LVL UP - Return to Love
Nothing - Tired Of Tomorrow
Pinto - Where Will You Be On The First Day Of Spring

btw
>holy shit Avalanches weren't in the top 50

frank is good tho

I can't believe they straight up let a fucking old cis white male nazi rapist pedo cultural appropriator scum in the top 5 s.m.h t/b/h f@m, like oh honey #staywoke k.

bowie identified as a black woman

solange is very ugly.

blonde deserved the number one spot in a pop-oriented publication such as p4k.

Goddammit lol

>Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book

ew

DAHNALD

>Makes an album about death
>Dies

Sounds like something that would be discussed.

why is 90% of the top 100 black pop songs?

technically he killed himself

which will literally never come out for among other things legal reasons

I dunno, think user is right. Blackstar will still be remembered in 20 years, not only for its subject matter but also its ambition and (perhaps also) lack of accessibility , unlike a lot of the other albums that seem to be making top 5 lists, Blackstar feels like it has more in common with the latest Swans album at points than Beyonce's. It makes it A) a hard sell for politicised publications who wish to pretend they are cultural taste makers B) a challenging listen for a mainstream audience - for a lot of people, this really may be their first exposure to "alternative" music, so it may take longer for its audience to come to terms with it.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong but I think, perhaps, because people may still be digesting the album a year, two years, on, it will retain a kind of low-key relevancy that Lemonade won't.

go back to pol

but seriously though, where is elseq? best album of the year by far and they didn't even mention it. wtf

Hi p4k

He is a black star, user

All trash excluding Beyonce, Solange, and Bowie.

Go back to hoping for real proof that the Russians hacked the DNC. Or whatever lie liberals are pushing this week, it's been hard to keep up following the failure of Hillary and the entirety of the mainstream media.

Killallwhitesfork

>reading Pitchfork

I legitimately don't get the circle jerk over Lemonade, what is good about it?

WHERE'S
BOTTOM
LESS
PIT

white guilt

SLAAAAAAAYYYY YAAAAASSSSS

Good. All whites should fucking die tbqh

nice meme

it may be the best album, but sites like pitchfork get to decide what is remembered and discussed. quality has nothing to do with it

>skeleton tree not your fav album of the year
you are an eternal pleb

Jesus christ, do you still believe in the boogie man as well

some people really are that sheltered

Frank Ocean's music is so fucking boring. His delivery is dull and his voice has no personality. Never understood the hype with him.

Blackstar is a fantastic album and deserves every bit of praise it gets. But what I don't understand is why this album doesn't get discussed more. It's a foreshadowing swansong just like Blackstar, and the music is great as well. Did everyone just forget?

nobody gave a fuck about cohen because he kept to himself
thats how life works

Pitchfork fails to understand, I'm like, eh

Beautiful record from one of the greatest songwriters...but the antithesis of what's trendy. This is a good thing. The music speaks for itself

>>>It’s hard to escape the gravity of an album that offers up an artist’s farewell.

It's like they have to apologise for the only nonblack artist in the top 7

>that list
TRIGGERED
Pitchfork is dead

let me guess, The Glowing Man isn't even on it.

Only made the cut because it's titled BLACKstar

Unfortunate but true.
I suppose you're right, I believe it is what Cohen would have wanted.
Was this actually written? They are apologizing. Disgusting.

NOPE

reminder that every year for the last six years you guys freak out about these lists and say "P4K is dead" yet you still continue to read them and discuss them.

if you don't like them, STOP FUCKING CARING.

billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs

>Millenials stream their music
>6 of the 10 most streamed songs right now are by black artists, 1 is by a hispanic artist

Wow it's almost like the marketing team at Pitchfork undertands these things and adjusts their content accordingly. Fuck them for trying to appeal to their target demo right? You're right though, they should have picked some super cool indie record that no one gives a fuck about for their AOTY so they could drive away readers.

The queen not only made the album of the year (and make no mistake, David Bowie would have been the first to say so), she delivered a confessional, genre-devouring suite that feels larger than life yet still heartbreakingly intimate, because it doubles as her portrait of a nation in flames. She dropped Lemonade as a Saturday-night surprise after her HBO special, moving in on every strain of American music from country ("Daddy Lessons") to blues-metal ("Don't Hurt Yourself") to post-punk-gone-Vegas dancehall ("Hold Up") to feminist hip-hop windshield-smashing ("Sorry"). Even with "All Night" as an ambiguous resolution, it's a whole album of hurt, which is why it especially hit home after the election. Beyoncé speaks on how it feels to get sold out by a lover – or a nation – that fooled you into feeling safe, how it feels to break free of a home built on lies.

Blackstar and Blonde deserve to be there and are good albums on their own regardless of the context and skin color of the people who wrote them

You have 10 seconds to prove me wrong

Me too! Too bad Anthony Fantano didn't give Solange a good review so I can't listen to that anymore :/

Any decent albums from pitchfork tops?
Already downloaded Huerco S, Pinegrove, White Lung and Solange (yeah)