Your age:

Your age:
Age you realized religions aren't true:

>18
>approximately 10

I don't ever recall a time when i did think religions were true. I don't remember that far back, but i get the impression that my parents explained religions as being stories.

>22
>15. I had my doubts earlier but I really didn't want to let go.

Like ten.

>25
>12

For humans to assume that their interpretation of a universal creator is correct when there are varying interpretations on our planet alone should provide some context for how subjective it all is. Given that there are at least billions of worlds in our galaxy alone and hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe, the chances of one interpretation by one piece of one species on one planet being the correct one is lunacy.

There may yet still be a universal creator, but the only way we can infer attributes about that creator is by understanding the objective reality that it has constructed i.e. we use science to understand the universe.

I think that some things observed by old religions could have scientific merit such as the benefits of meditation on the organization of neurons or the effect of belief on the strength of individuals, but I expect that these will be more accurately understood as our knowledge of neurology continues to improve at an astounding rate.

Elon Musk's simulation conjecture also has some merit. Given the nature of intelligence as we understand it, it does seem possible that our universe in itself is a product of an intelligent species's curiosity in a parent universe.

>21
>started questioning at 19
>religions are truth to illusion but vary from absolute truth (whatever you consider that to be)

love Thug Rose

>18
>13

And i was always an atheist because my parents where and just never gave a shit about teaching me about religion. Have read the Bibles and Quran, that shit is batshit crazy.

I've always known that the Non-Christian religions weren't true.

I did never believe in any Bullshit, thanks to my Parents.

~14.

>20
>13

It has had zero effect on my life.

11 Years of age, what helped me know gods aren't true is how i never had true happiness in my life.

>Age you realized religions aren't true
I think, when you are raised by non-religious parents or parents who dont shove things down children's throat, you dont really have that realisation, since you never thought god is real to begin with

Never believed any in the first place

Same, I'm glad that I never believed in one.

>18
>About 6 months

Aye, my parents don't give a fuck, never been christened or anything

Banana

I think I was around 9, when my brain started to be able to separate fact from fiction.

>infinity
>am God, have always been atheist because am God
>decide to start taking human form because boredom
>sucks mainly except for sex,drug, vidja (depending on time period)
>come on here to make fun of religious fags who post make-em-ups about their "relationship" with me when I've never heard of them and to me they're just NPCs
>the feel when the shitty species you created is going to elect Trump and destroy itself

might actually be God, I can see that faggot doing this

12-13

around 12ish

raised a mormon so either you're really into it or you're not, I just went through the motions never really "believed" but stopped doing anything around that age

16-17

Checked

Get

45 and I live in a civilized country so religion has never been part of my life. I'll leave the voodoo bullshit to africa and you americunts.

>39
>Roughly 8

I was Christian, but once I read into the history of Christianity, i realized it stole a lot of things from other religions.

Also, when Jesus was said to have lived, figures claiming to be "the Messiah" were commonplace.

Then, once the Roman Empire assimilated Christianity, it was then politicized and powerful.

>27
>6-7

>23
Still not 100% sure about religions, I mean... Wouldn't be nice if they were real?

>28
>was baptized, went to communion and attended catholic school until grade 3. Went through the motions but never really believed, because all the traditions contradicted my daily life experiences.
>was agnostic until I learned enough about other religious texts, cosmology, evolutionary biology and history to know that religious texts evolved based on cultural influences through many generations
>now an anti-theist in regard to organized religion, but personally I have a deistic/pantheistic view of things
>the universe is complex and absurd beyond human comprehension. enjoy the ride and don't take it too seriously.

>20
My thoughts exactly

when i was 3 i head about other gods. just figured it was all bullshit bedtime stories. proud of myself now

>Around 8
my parents weren't big on Religion

my parents too

yeah but
we're all gonna die

Forced in religion till the age of 14, never really was a believer but at 14 I decided I'm better off. I don't care what other people think.

>23
>Probably around 14 but doubts earlier.

Anglican school upbringing but atheist family. If you want your kids to grow up unreligious send them to religious schools. Fuck 3 hour church services seriously.

>religions aren't true
>denying irrefutable evidence
>not praising Odin

6-7

just accept it, nothing lasts, death gives way to new life, etc. it's just part of the process

what do you mean it's not true?

Honestly I never thought religion was true and right now I still think it's all bullshit, but I don't know what to believe.

also age 19

>tfw this is actually God and this world is simply a glorified RPG Playground

I was either 12 or 13. It was Mrs. Lewis' biology class. Church taught me we were made from the dirt and descendants Adam and Eve. When I brought up what was told to me by my school teacher they kind of beat around the bush. Slowly from that point I started questioning my religion. Totally gave up on it around 17 when I started College.

Acid

At 8

I don't know that I ever believed. Was forced to get baptized when I was 12. I only prayed when I had constipation. That shit hurts.

>68
>God walked by my side all my life

my parents and school Taught me religion in the form of moral stories, not like a religion so i've always known that religion wasn't a real thing. But I appreciate the stories.

25 still believe in God by my own choice.
religion is used to control.
A personal relationship with God is where its at!

says the 16 year old

13 actually

I will never abandon my faith or my church. The most beautiful experiences of my life have involved my belief in the Holy Trinity.

To mid 20's, Christian but always questioning. To mid 30's, believer in something, but not YHWH.

Since then, agnostic atheist. Convinced the Abrahamic religions are complete bullshit.

Bang. Well said user.

This guys on the right page

19, God is a lie.

never believed, no one made me

>33
>13

>image.jpg
nice try god

>21
>like 12

Am i a pedo if i make girlsex on a 16?

Around 10
>gg user

Yup

Enjoy your v&

that's over the legal age in my state, so yes.

i don't know if religion is a lie, but i find it highly unlikely. So unlikely that i pay no mind to any religion other than the philosophical perspectives that appeal to me.

>over the legal age
>yes
Huh?

>yolo

U got me good there m8 I'll give you that

>be 33
>16ish thought I knew everything, atheist, life sucked
>21ish realized I knew nothing, agnostic, life sorta sucked
>25ish found god again, theist
>everything in life started to become better
>got waifu
>got nice job
>bought house
>have beautiful children
>never regret anything
Thanks God.

enjoy your edges, edgelords.

BASED THUG ROSE
B
A
S
E
D

T
H
U
G

R
O
S
E

Around 8-9

>18
>Never thought such a thing.

The age I realized religion was the human overlay of irrational thought on the beauty of creation: 6
>in summer bible school, and I realized the woman who was teaching me that Jesus loved me was essentially teaching me there was a guy that did everything my cop uncle told me to tell him or another cop if someone ever did it to me so they could make sure they never did it to another child again and put that creep behind bars
>yelled out "JESUS IS A CHILD MOLESTER"
>wouldn't stop yelling it
>my parents had to call my uncle to pick me up
>my uncle heard me out, went to the lady (who was the pastor's wife) and explained that she sucked as a teacher and shouldn't ever, EVER do it again
>two years later my uncle arrested the pastor and his wife for child endangerment, sexual abuse, and molestation
>my idiot mother asked how could we have known?

My uncle taught me most of my spiritual path. The man is a 30 year veteran cop in a city on the West Coast filled with meth heads, gangbangers from Vietnam, Mexico, and Compton, and hasn't lost his faith in the essential goodness of people.

But
>that pastor got out of prison and was killed two months later by the father of the 14 year old girl he molested
>surprisingly the chain of evidence that showed premeditation on the part of the father was corrupted, and the DA - my uncle's old partner on the beat - was the prosecution
>so daddy did maybe four minutes in county before being released

The reinforcement for me was the fact that the guy's new church congregation came to testify as to what a good man he was.

>my uncle said every cop at the trial marked down who was there; mostly due to the fact that you can generally assume that the company kept by people like that share the same values

My parents tried to make me go to church with them for years. Every time I'd ask, "Do you know if this pastor is a child molestor, too?"

Eventually they shut up and just went on their own.

3-4 when they told me it wasn't Jesus doing the sermons (I couldn't see over the pews so I just assumed since that's who we were supposed to be there for that he'd be around too)

On a basic level, sound is molecules colliding together in distinguishable patterns. It is up to each individual to apply meaning to these patterns.

Religion is our brain's way of identifying patterns and applying meaning to them.

>48 years old
>Age you realized religions aren't true: never

8-9, told my parents I didn't want to go to optional religious education lessons anymore and that was the end of it.

Am agnostic and believe that if there is a god, he / she it is impersonal and doesn’t give a shit about what you do or don't do.