Top RA bleeps

This makes me proud to be British

residentadvisor.net/features/2859

Other urls found in this thread:

albumoftheyear.org/genre/6-electronic/2016/
youtu.be/j5Xaw5r43n0
discogs.com/search/?sort=have,desc&format_exact=12"&year=2016&genre_exact=Electronic&type=master&decade=2010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>electronic ''''''''music''''''''''''''

I'm going to hurt you

i don't get the overwhelming love for that yves tumor release t bh....i reckon it'll be boomkat's #1 album as well

nicolas jaar remains a shit

pls bby

Shit list this year

at least boomkat showcase some proper interesting stuff, plus the artist lists

Literal garbage

Also the part about "immigrant identity" wtf?

eh, i dunno. boomkat's a little shady (who isn't tho) with their list, honestly - they def have "pet" artists/labels. plus retailers always have that slight conflict of interest cus they're only gonna put albums they sell on the list (more specifically: albums that sell well). same with bleep, norman records, etc.

i do love the artist's charts though.

Could be worse....

albumoftheyear.org/genre/6-electronic/2016/

>genre
>electronic

Nico Jaar

This is the worst piece of shit music to come out th UKs asshole

this album is so shit

Demdike, Skee Mask and Motion Graphics all had pretty good releases

Not surprised to have seen KAS, Jessy Lanza, Huerco S. or BBF where they were and also fucking Radiohead apparently

THIS
Yves Tumor 1st album was 10 times more pleasant (but pleasantness might not be the thing he's aiming for now)

>Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Ears
Skip this one too, guys; her collaboration release with Suzanne Cianni is better.
youtu.be/j5Xaw5r43n0

>Autechre - elseq
meme

>Omar-S - The Best
it was OK but it isn't in my top 5.

>Huerco S.
Dreadful shit.

>babyfather - BBF
Brit turd. Too ironic & already dated.

Demdike Stare album came late in the year but is really good.

>The club is at the core of what we do here at RA, but when it comes to the albums we cover, its influence can take on strange and ingenious forms. The club might simply be a compositional guide, the artist writing music for an imagined dance floor. A record could be rooted in the culture surrounding a club—pirate radio, for example, where clubs are the physical manifestation of a scene. Or an album might take the sounds of club music and shape them into something completely new and unrelated. This list also features records where the club would appear to be the furthest thing from the artist's mind. Whichever role the club played in the creation of these albums, it's obvious that these spaces are still a deep, deep well from which to draw inspiration.

What a load of bollocks

clubs are just stupid places for idiots to drink and do drugs it's funny how RA tries to be so artsy and pretentious about them

Like every music venue then, whatever the genre.

Is this r/trap ? Asking for friend.

Will Teklife be in the top 20 labels even if they had only 2 releases so far?
Their impact as a DJ collective was pretty huge, tho.

yeah but clubs are particularly braindead because the music is shitty too lol

ecksdee

edm is shit even RA-approved EDM
sorry

DEAN BLUNT MADE IT
REMINDER BBF PREDICTED BREXIT

discogs.com/search/?sort=have,desc&format_exact=12"&year=2016&genre_exact=Electronic&type=master&decade=2010

>mall grab

>

wow im a retard i love 4/4 rhythm that sounds same on every song looped for 13 mins with some looped melody haha
^you

inorite, and all rock/metal/punk is verse-chorus-verse for 3 minutes with 4 chords

Except it's really music, not just computer noise.

Guitars are definitely noisier than computers

Real human-created musical noise, not fake manufactured noise. Now I'm done entertaining this retardation.

Guitars are manufactured too you know

yee haw

if youre gonna b8, be original familia

This makes me proud to be British

Really don't understand why Konnichiwa is up there, literally nobody outside the media/industry rates it
It's almost like they had to give a token acknowledgement to grime and Skeppy was the most PR friendly artist

>mall grab

This makes me proud to be Craig David