Just finished my first day of working ever

just finished my first day of working ever.

AMA

good job, i just finished an 18 hour shift.

that's not a question...

Where did you work?

i'm a stock broker.

a grocery factory. Carrot line. We clean your carrots with bleach and some cancer causing agens. Never believe the words, ready for consumption already washed

that's not me... (op)

How do you feel mentally and physically after your first day?

What do you do to work those hours user? I work anywhere from 8-12 a day in electrical/construction.

really good, didn't work much being a broker. most of the day was teaching the basics

9 hours.

10 am to 7 pm

the 18 hour guy here, cleaning machines , making sure they don't jam. Cleaning cabbage, transporting gabbage. Working with cancerous products because food needs to look good.... cursing the master degree shithead that can't plan for shit. It is very common to only have 2 hours between 2 shifts. Hell she even planned me for 3 shifts at the same time once. Why she isn't fired is a fucking mystery to me

I was asking what your job is. I assume like an EMT or something to work hours like that.
That's good to hear. Try and make sure you dont get to bored. Having a easy job is nice but it can lead to boredom and that will bother you a lot more in the long run than a sore back or something would. At least thats true in my experience. You could be different.

How'd you end up at that gig? Just something to pay the bills that was close or?

It was close and the only decent paying thing left, most companies have already left this area because retarded taxation of the gouvernement, only shit level jobs are left. It wasn't always this bad, but once the bos retired and his son took over, that master degree retard got hired. Worst thing is in the past we had a week planning, now you only now your start time, the day before...

>tfw uni graduate, no job exp in my field and because of that can't land a job for the life of me

job experience = what have you done
if its welding, what have you welded before and you use a weld
If its mechanical what have you fixed before.
Those are the things they ask a graduate.

Im not sure where you are but is construction or traveling a line you could get into? It pays pretty well and even felons can get into it. Just something to think about if you decide you're tired of the shit you're dealing with.
Just try and find something small to do while you're getting into your field. It's sometimes easier to find jobs that are loosely similar to your field and sort of move your way from there. For instance EMT to Nurse or something like that. Best of luck though user. I hope you find something soon.

all construction firms are bankrupt or nearly bankrupt. The gouvernement here taxes ludicrously much and they keep increasing each year. Something about we keep getting less taxes so we must tax more.
A company needs to pay 38€ and hour so the employee gets 10€ an hour.

The second biggest construction firm here also got a huge fine here because they where paying their employees partially in black (cash, no taxes) . as a result at least 80% got laid off.

this country is doomed

like my boss?

That's unfortunate to hear. Are there any trades booming where you are that you either can perform or can get an apprenticeship to learn?

Bump

>Are there any trades booming where you are
No all business are grinding to a halt, last month one of the harbors closed permanently, and for some reason the rent and houses are getting ludicrously expensive. 200k for a dump. wtf, no one can pay that, 10 years ago you could buy a grand mansion with that.
Also the polish people are flooding here and are doing all the manual labor since they are cheap as fuck, and because of European regulations, the company's only need to pay them like 5€ an hour...

I am learning programming now, no physical skill no matter how good can compete against 8 people for the same price, and i am planning to leave this shithole.

How bad do your legs and/or back hurt?

That may be the best course of action. Godspeed user. I hope you can get to somewhere and find a nice stake in life where you can live comfortably.

not really. there were many comfy chairs

thanks

First day of school ever? Good job.