Why do people take this guy seriously again? His hip-hop reviews are fucking god awful...

Why do people take this guy seriously again? His hip-hop reviews are fucking god awful. I don't know whether its because he's white or because he simply has a vendetta against J Cole but the album easily deserved at minimum an 8. It is easily one of Cole's best works AND one of the best hip-hop albums of the year yet he clearly gets snubbed by both TND and Pitchfork. Fucking unbelievable.

the last one I was gonna watch was gambino but I raged after literally 5 seconds and turned it off

he has literally zero respect or regard for his audience

What's more pathetic, taking an internet stranger's opinions seriously or complaining about it on a chinese cartoon board?

the former by far definitely

why do you care

Remind me to add some J Cole fan's tears to my coffee tomorrow morning.

real shit.... u need to have intelligents and an IQ which cannot be measured by human tests to vibe w/ his music.

So you raged at his intro?

Because he has the ability to influence people's opinions on an album. J Cole just released a really important album and people take this guy's reviews seriously. You think if Fantano gave TPAB a 5 it wouldn't have an impact on how people perceive an album?

Last time I checked he closes every video disruption with a reminder that he's just stating an opinion and that people shouldn't have to take it to heart either positively or negatively, as well as closing every video itself with a prompt for discussion by asking his viewers opinions. It's not his fault that someone may take his word as gospel, it's that persons fault.
TL;DR - it doesn't fucking matter.

yeah and I watched it again and it was actually only 2 seconds

who the fuck starts their video off like that

>He has zero regard for his audience
Wow it's like he's reviewing albums based on what he thinks not what his audience would think, wow

But he liked Gambino.

No I mean strictly his delivery etc. I don't care if he's talking about car insurance

J Cole just released the best album of the year. A 6 is a fucking joke. It's at least a strong 9 to light 10. Transition..

Fuck Trump and fuck white people.

>J Cole just released the best album of the year.

J. Cole is the brian wilson of our generation!! fuck u whitey haters!!!! #staywoke

Why are hip hop fans the only ones or at least the loudest that cry about his reviews?

He's popular because the bar for music "journalism" is set really, really low. I like him because he analyzes the music and shows some great up and coming bands, even though I tend to disagree with him the majority of the time. But even by just giving his wrong opinions, by being so analytical about good music, he puts himself way above Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, NME, Q, and Scaruffi.

> J Cole just released a really important album

lol you're a fucking retard

>really important album

7/10 almost took the bait

Why is it that whenever you see a J.Cole fan they're always either jacking him off or complaining or both?

this track has a banging beat
Another banger

what did he mean by this

6 is honestly way too fucking high desu. You should be grateful.

Important albums effect people and musicians outside of its core fanbase - no one cares about J-Cole except his own fanbois

also seriously, why is he considered a good lyricist? corny punchlines and wordplay with bland social commentary

It's a 6 out of 10 for him. The whole video explains why he scores it the way he does. His opinion on the album doesn't define the objective quality of an album. If you think the album deserves at least an 8, then guess what, it's an 8 out of 10. I can't comprehend how this is such a hard concept grasp.

shouldn't you be long boarding somewhere

THANK YOU

>its because he's white
Isn't he like half black half Italian, like Vin Diesel?

>doing hip hop reviews at all
Yeah I wonder why does anyone take him seriously too.

The score for this was actually spot on honestly, and I enjoy J Cole.

He's Sicilian so basically yes.

What's with this meme of J. Cole fans thinking he's the greatest of all time?

Hell I think some songs by him are good and wouldn't mind listening to but he's far from anything groundbreaking.

Also stop sperging over the fact that some dude on YouTube doesn't have the same taste as you on a nepalese basket weaving website

His favorite music genre isn't hip-hop.

Why do people take his opinion on hip-hop so seriously to the point is makes them literally fume with rage?

it's just his opinion.

bump

This. I don't agree with him most of the time, but I like to hear his educated opinion cause Idk anyone irl who could have discussions so it's the next best thing, I guess.

100% this

listen i don't really like to play into shitty memes but i literally fell asleep listening to the first half of 4 Your Eyes Only and has to relisten to it
J Cole manages to take a somewhat unique/interesting concept album and completely destroy anything interesting about it by having the stalest delivery, the cheesiest lines, a complete lack of any decent hooks, and often (but not always) generic production

Neighbors, Change and the title track were pretty good tho, it's a shame you have to suffer through half an album of lullabies to get to it

I agree that it was one of the best of the year, but it was still a 6. Rap this year in general wasn't good aside from a few outliers

WELCOME

under rated comment

under rated get

nice digits friend

are the lyrics good?
I gave it a quick listen not paying too much attention and it was boring, should I listen to it more?

>caring about music reviews
fucking why?