The Pitchfork list is a disaster

Music no longer has any worth; only the degree of (apparent) cultural repression of the artist has

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9980-the-50-best-albums-of-2016/
billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>giving a fuck about Pitchfork

llink

Unfortunately this is true and it was even confirmed by one of their whistblowers, along with musicians paying for higher scores.

Dude calm down its just a pitchfork list jeez

Fucking drama queens man

You don't understand how difficult it is to record an album as a Woman of Color in 2016 Amerikkka. Check your privilege.

>stop noticing trends in music please
>they dont belong to Sup Forums
>stop caring about them

>one shitty cucked online e-zine

>the best-known "indie" website

what trend? god you're fucking pathetic

>indie

Is it 2009 again?

>i dont notice
>others must be pathetic for noticing

>music no longer has any worth because pitchfork put out a horrible list
top lel m8

i dont go to review places coz music is more than a number and shit opinions to me

>Music no longer has any worth
>no longer
kek, it's always been like this, you're only realising this now because you're no longer into what's currently trendy

you go to Sup Forums for shit opinions, apparently

>Oh no a combined blog put out a shitty list!

Lol. Hilarious.

I hope they put out a list next year with only black females "artists" and explicity calculate scores using a non-musical privilege correction-factor that lowers the scores of whites and males and raises it for blacks and females.

Yes, I much preferred it when Pitchfork was a nepotistic shithole filled with elitist self-indulging writers obsessed with contextualizing milquetoast indie rock without saying a word about the music.

It says a lot that Sup Forums only started to turn on Pitchfork when they started using black people as their new cultural accessory. You're insufferable.

>I hope they put out a list next year with only black females "artists" and explicity calculate scores using a non-musical privilege correction-factor that lowers the scores of whites and males and raises it for blacks and females.
You mean like they did this year?

What music sites does Sup Forums read, if not Pitchfork?

>I hope they put out a list next year with only black females "artists" and explicity calculate scores using a non-musical privilege correction-factor that lowers the scores of whites and males and raises it for blacks and females.

user, i ...

they already did so, hence why we are discussing it.

stay mad whiteboi

I did say "explicitly".

i bet they do have these calculations with "privilege deflator" laying around somewhere

some whistleblower will publicise it soon

who the fuck cares

it's just a dumb fuckin list

after trump fucks a whole bunch of shit up liberals will realize they were partially the cause of it and will stop being as fucking annoying and things will go back to normal.

seriously just wait and see

>liberals ever admitting their mistakes

t. someone who's been politically aware for max two years and gets all of their opinions from Sup Forums

>oh no black people are womyn

Are you a 15 year old Redditor?

and*

>muh underage maymay
>muh reddit maymay

you should go outside sometimes

>

>politically aware

cringe

>back to normal

What do you have in mind for "normal"? Which status quo are you aiming for?

What does AIDS Skrillex listen to?

skrillex

Queen

>Jamila Woods
>HEAVN
>36

>On the first Tuesday in July, police killed Alton Sterling. On Wednesday, they took Philando Castile. The following day, Jamila Woods showed us HEAVN and reminded us that despite everything, there is still hope.

he's probably one of those white cucks that attempts to overintellectualize music that black people just see as party music

so

Sup Forumscore

ur literally complaining about there not being enough white people on a fucking list

>>>reddit
>>>pol
>>>whatever shithole youre from

re-read the OP and you will notice what i am actually complaining about

until then, keep dropping your maymays

politics politics instead of identity politics

for the record I'm completely fine with most of the ends the left are trying to achieve but the way they're going about it now is, without going too in depth, completely fucking retarded.

they'll realize identity politics was a mistake, that they have a painfully simplified view of privilege, that they essentially need to learn empathize with racists, and there might actually be some lasting progress made again.

You're the reason Cthulu swims left, and left, and left.

the focus on identity politics is a consequence of abandoning traditional left-wing issues, like income and wealth inequality and full employment

>(apparent) cultural repression

Does this mean like "regressive left"?

>black females "artists"

Are you implying they're not artists based on race and gender?

this

it's no coincidence that most feminists are middle class, and most tumblr black types are also middle class

they're already amongst the most privileged people on the planet, the only way to gain more is by focusing on shallow social progress

as someone who's also somewhat left-leaning I kinda agree with you. however I don't think their heart is in the right place. these aren't misguided people, they're opportunists who will ignore any "privilege" that they have and only focus on the issues for which they have something to gain. the left lost its class consciousness. a lying billionaire just got the vote of the working class

>these aren't misguided people, they're opportunists who will ignore any "privilege" that they have and only focus on the issues for which they have something to gain

eh, little bit of column A, little bit of column B. It's certainly primarily been spurned by the opportunists but I think plenty for well meaning people have fallen in line with it since there basically is no counterpoint to it from within the left. Once a dialog opens up (but again, from within the lift, the retards "combating" it from the right are just making it worse) then things will get equalized out again.

*of
*left

stop messing me up autocorrect you cuck

there was a counterpoint called bernie sanders. besides his rabid supporters the left showed no real outrage when he was fucked over, and were quite happy to vote for hillary for reasons relating to identity politics because they have no principles

if this is just a case of the pendulum swinging, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. the left has shown no change of approach or reflection since the election. if anything they've doubled down

the left is finished

guys are any of the albums on this list worth checking out

t. rump voter

no I voted 4 hillary
i'm not gonna sit here and say im fucking pendulum is gonna swing back our way.
we live in un-predictable times

wake up my man

>solve all your problems
>create new ones in order to sell popular songs
America...

m8, the us has a population the size of france on food stamps

it has real fucking problems, not this nu-male post-colonial identity bullshit

>tfw you never took Pitchfork seriously and despised them since 2008

What happened in 2008?
But yeah, it's hilarious seeing how people actually took them seriously before.

>What happened in 2008
I discovered them

Yes, as usual, but a lot of them are pure shit.

>oppression
Literally all artists in the top 5 are rich af. Except Bowie because he's dead

also
>Still caring about pitchfork

BTFO

Have any prominent black releases this year received even a subpar score?

>MUH LIBERAL AGENDA

Pitchfork is focused on millenials, most of which are streaming their music. Remove the pop from that billboard list (Beiber, Maroon 5) and you pretty much get the pitchfork list. This isnt a conspiracy, it's a logical business decision.

Pitchfork was always a disaster. If you saw them when they started, it was all reviews by shitty writers trying to be gonzo, writing shitty, self-indulgent articles about their own experiences with the music. It was unbearable, and they had no taste.I don't imagine they've gotten any better.

dean blunt got like a 6

They voted Hillary because they were so scared of Trump

And they fucked up, by abandoning Bernie they handed Trump the election, because Hillary stands for the status quo

he insulted the black community on a panel

> they fucked up

No, they didn't. When you talk about "they", you're talking about corporate interests. Corporate interests strongly preferred Clinton over Trump because she's experienced, knows how to play their game, and will deliver. Trump is more dangerous, because while he totally wants to play the corporate game, he doesn't have experience and is emotionally volatile, so he'll likely make mistakes, which will make his presidency less profitable for them. But for corporate interests, he's still a corporate candidate, which makes him infinitely better for them than Bernie, who was actually against corporate corruption.
Bernie had a way better chance than Clinton in defeating Trump, and everybody knew it. But it didn't actually matter because they just wanted a corporate candidate, so in their eyes if Clinton lost to Trump, it would still be better than having Bernie.

doesn't that disapprove Sup Forums saying all black artist get a free pass from p4k
iirc james ferraro is half-black and gets panned
mykki blanco is a black transgender and i don't see him in the top 10

>voting for senile jew communist

He's still mentally sharp, much moreso than Trump - listen to how he speaks compared to Trump as evidence. He's also only 5 years older than Trump. He's not a communist - he's basically a New Dealer. And fuck off back to Sup Forums with your anti-semitism.

back to Sup Forums, faggot

How new are you ?

serious question guys: i have basically the same haircut: what do? shave everything? or do something else?

been here since '09, but haven't been on much in the last 6 months

buy an opel manta

do you have the same hairline as well? if so I'd just suggest suicide or a buzzcut

You're not on the Sup Forums hugbox user. You can't just meme arrow alt-right labels and think you're presenting an argument.

/thread

Anons are unironically getting angry because a music site is actually writing about music now instead of pic related

>pitchfork claim to be supporting minority artist
>only 1 asian artist

hmm really makes me think

This
if you have the right shaped head, feel free to just shave it. Also, look at good looking people with that hairline to see how they deal with it. The classic example is Jude Law, who keeps his hair the way he does for a reason - basically a short buzz on the sides, and a tiny bit longer on top. I follow that because if I just did a straight buzz, you could see right through my hair on top. People who are really familiar with how balding advances (like old people) know that I'm pretty far along in the balding process, but people who don't often tell me I'm not balding, that's just my natural hairline (neither do they know that I don't naturally have a widow's peak at all)

Go find the Asian artists on this list. Don't get mad at p4k for focusing on artists millenials like.

Pitchfork fucking sucks, but I'm all for affirmative action in the arts as long as it mainly applies to Indian, Middle Eastern, and Afro-Carribean qts

>kindercore
Is this a thing?

always despised them since the early/mid 00s

did not expect moldbug references on Sup Forums

Tinymixtapes list will save us right guys?

or will the top 10 be all noise and vaporwave albums ?

My hatred for P4k was renewed recently when I looked up an old review for a Samiam album I like via the wayback machine, and every review on the site was this exact same self-indulgent bullshit, with them ripping into great bands like 16 Horsepower over made up BS, then praising shitty, forgettable indie pop bands.

The place really is contemptible, even if only because they started out as such a horrid site.

I actually looked up the idiot who wrote the review I'm referring to, too. He's become a sociology professor at a state university. Depressing to think pieces of shit like that are in positions of influence.

don't worry yourself about it, he hasn't got any power in that career ; )

>"Let me tell you about my weekend"
>close tab

>or will the top 10 be all noise and vaporwave albums ?

>implying that is a bad thing

*sniff*

sputnikmusic is superior in every way to p4k

really?no way

18+