For vinyl buyers

If you're buying vinyl once in a while or more frenquently, please ansewer this two questions :

>what's your job/other source of money and how much are you winning every month ?
>how much are you spending in vinyl purchase?

Winning?

>what's your job/other source of money and how much are you winning every month ?
marketing assistant and like 2k a month
>>how much are you spending in vinyl purchase?
not much, 40-70 quid per month, sometimes i go months without buying any.

>job
full-time student. not a job exactly, but student loans and bursaries here in sweden give me about 1100 $/month. i also have some money saved up from working during the summers for the past few years.
>spending
i'd say around 40-50 $ a month in average.

sory, i'm not english, I meant EARNING

wow ... good for you

CDs are better and cheaper

>>what's your job/other source of money and how much are you winning every month ?

full time student, i get financial aid from uni

plus a part time job (1k a month atm)

i'd estimate about 40ish bucks a month at the absolute most, usually less than that. i'd average it out at 25-30 dollars or so.

my discogs median value is at like 4k after 2 years of collecting so i think i'm doing p well

if you don't have any good record stores/antique shops yeah

Engineer, about 500$ a month
Around 50-150$ a month.

>Engineer
>500$ a month

where the fuck do you live

I have fantastic stores and conventions but that doesn't matter because we're on the internet?

Vinyl is only better if they use tricks like locked grooves etc.

Not that mailorder began with the internet but still

>I have fantastic stores and conventions

you're doing it wrong then, i spend maybe 4-5 bucks on avg per LP. sometimes i push past 10 bucks if it's something really cool/valuable like an OG pressing of a bob dylan album or something.

it depends on what you listen to anyway. it's a lot less efficient to collect cds if you mostly listen to 60s and 70s stuff, but if you're a big 80s+ nut then you may have an easier time with cds.

plus i prefer the collectability of records over cds. and if you aren't buying this stuff for the sake of collecting why the fuck even buy it? buying cds for any reason other than just having a physical collection is pointless because you can just pirate it.

Pirating is a violation of the artists rights.

I buy 95% new releases.

CDs are almost always only about 20% more expensive than the file so might as well get the booklet and everything else for a couple more bucks. Sometimes the CD is even cheaper than the file and it still comes with some of the most revolutionary packaging in music history. Pick related

>I buy 95% new releases.

fair enough then, i'd go for cds in your position too. most new releases don't even get released on vinyl and it's overpriced if they do.

>revolutionary packaging
Is this a meme? People keep posting the Meshuggah album like a card of punch-out guitar picks (in an otherwise totally boring jewel case) is something special

>most revolutionary packaging in music history
>CD
>CD

dayuum

Is it not? Who's done this before outside of a box set? Although I'm interested in those as well.

It's just a general term. Are you thinking of a better one?

>I don't have an income. I'm trying to find a job.
>10 maybe. I only buy records when I find them for cheap at markets etc

I buy CDs but what the hell.
Around 2400€/month, it varies a lot. Last month I burned around 77€ to get one bands discography, then I could go for three months without buying a thing.

Mother Russia!