4'33"

What does Sup Forums think about 4'33"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=maIwkKEWiPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eh?

I dunno I haven't heard it yet.

I genuinely believe it is the peak of music.

I prefer the extended remix

Silence should not be considered music.

If it's the ambience of the room and the people in it, it is music.

That's the point though. People always assume that the silence in the piece is the music, but it's actually supposed to show that ambience in the room is an essential part of music.

Or at least a version that isn't 4/4. Can OP get any more pleb?

We've had this thread before and proved that wasn't his point.

music periods of sounds and intended silences in varying degrees. Silence is just as integral to a musical piece as is sound. If you can have a potentially composed unrelenting wall of sound be considered music under the genre of "Noise" then an unrelenting period of composed silence is equally valid as music because as long as you have ears, you are hearing something.

Modernism is cancer in every field

first song I learned to play

I agree that silence in intervals could be considered part of compositions, like in Sugimoto's quartet, but silence by itself can't be considered music.

Noise is sound, any sound can be considered music.

Clear is not a color.

Which is one of the directs causes of this. He saw some guy present a blank canvas as an art piece and then he knew what he had to do.

Technically, you listen to it every single second of your life

If I compose music that is unrelenting sequence of sixteenth notes for a period of time until the end of the song, is that music?

If I compose music that is unrelenting sequence of sixteenth rests for a period of time until the end of the song, is that music?

>Noise is sound, any sound can be considered music.

even sounds not intended by the composer? Like playing a different pitch then what was notated, or if someone pulls the fire alarm in the concert hall?

John Cage is hack.
He has some okay stuff but he is known for this conceptual shit, poor guy.
>HEHE IS IT MUSING OR NO? HAHA

No

go to bed grandpa

btw you guys are overthinking, 4,33 is just a divertissement

>4/4
DROPPED

Both of those are not part of the original composition, so I guess they're errors. But they are included in the performance, so they're part of the music.

Also, if there is always the possibility of an error by a musician, or a sneeze, rustle of the coat, etc. in the audience, would every live piece be indeterminate?

Cute

When you really think about it every live piece is indeterminate.

Not as good as Indeterminacy and makes people write off a great composer

yeah it's just not that big a deal. It pushes the limits of composition is such a tongue in cheek way compared to other stuff he wrote like thisyoutube.com/watch?v=maIwkKEWiPs

Wanna compare feminine penises?

Pretentious as hell.