PITCHFORK REDDIT AMA

get the fuck in here

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5i58lp/were_the_editors_of_pitchfork_we_just_finished/

>Scores are a collaborative process between the writer and the editor. We typically have an idea of a score range that the writer wants to work within when they pitch the review. After that, writer and editors talk about it, and we arrive at a number that we feel makes sense for the quality of the record. -MARK

>was there any big reason you snubbed The Avalanches and James Blake after giving them both BNM for songs and albums this year? did the overall consensus drop lower over time? was the original reviewer an outlier from the majority of the staff?

>They both made genre lists, and both were really good records. I reviewed Avalanches and I liked it a ton, I think in the case of that record, maybe it just felt a little out of step with this cultural moment, and was sort of forgotten by some people throughout the year. It was very backward looking, very disengaged from this year, etc. Blake was another one that some people on staff liked a ton, but didn't really break through enough in terms of the full staff of contributors to make the top 50. -MARK

bump

jesus thats a stupid reason to leave wildflower off

these guys are fucking idiots

This. I'm not even that crazy about it but "out of step with this cultural moment" is retardpoo

What the fuck

it sounds dated af compared to everything else on their list
clean your fucking ears

it sucks anyway

I'm just glad your idiocy wasn't spread to 69644444

speaking of which,

>Similarfag
Wildflower is meh but come on.

In other words, their labels didn't pay them enough to put them on the list

>Pitchfork
>Reddit
yeah, no thanks

I don't have a reddit profile but can anyone here that does ask them why the fuck they praise shitty hip hop and pop artists now? The Pitchfork a decade ago used to focus on indie artists and the emerging acts. Now all that takes a back seat to shit like Drake and Beyonce. I mean just look at their "Latest" page and most of what they report on is hip hop artists. Why do these fuckers think theyre a authority on hip hop now?

and yet you posted in here. let's be real, you're not going anywhere.

>people actually rely on other people's reviews of art to decide for themselves whether it's good or not

>Avalanches didn't live up to CURRENTYEAR

KEK!!

vampire weekend is literally indie pop
HECK fucking ezra from vw helped write that album for beyonce
literally kys

This.

Well, of course? If we'd be fine with hanging around on Reddit and taking Pitchfork at face value, we wouldn't be here complaining now would we.
But Pitchfork is a pretentious rag more concerned with what's fashionable than what is good, and Reddit is a populist hell hole.