Xiu Xiu - Forget

Now that it's been **out** for a few days, what are people's thoughts. Favorite/least favorite track, better/worse than twin peaks?

>inb4 the call
It's not that bad

The best song is clearly Get Up, it's a beautiful song that has a great jamie vocal (sax-o-phone)

Worst song is Faith, Torn Apart it's atrocious

Yeah faith torn apart is twice as long as it needs to be, get up and wondering are fantastic. Solid 7/10 family

my favorite is the title track.
Overall good album but I don't like "those" parts of The Call, and I agree with you that Faith, Torn Apart sucks. The rest is good to great imo.
strong 7, light 8

Good to see that people are enjoying Xiu Xiu records again, they're on a bit of a hot streak rn. I don't expect another masterpiece from them, but solid 7/10s are all I need now

I really liked it, but I am a fanboy.

Favourite tracks
>Wondering
>Get Up
>Jenny GoGo
>At Last, At Last
>Forget
>Faith Torn Apart

I liked all the other tracks too, maybe except for Queen Of The Losers, which didn't jump out at all.
Solid 7.5 for me, better than Twin Peaks, Angel Guts, and Always, but not as good as Nina or Dear God. Haven't listened to Unclouded Sky

I'd listen to Unclouded Sky, it's honestly amazing. It's the best bandcamp shit that jamie has done

its an 8/10
but call me crazy the call and wondering are the best tracks
jamie needs to do more songs like the call. another voice used like that could be used metaphorically like someone doubting jamie lyricism or an alter ego saying the opposite of what he sings

I'm not a fan of the call, but I think it's an interesting experiment

I've been meaning to for a while, I've listened to couple tracks and it sounds really good.
I think it's considered a proper album too, not xiuxiu69 shit. It's listed that way on their website and got a vinyl release anyway

For me it's at least an 8. Exciting record.

i'm not going to listen. xiu xiu are dead

It's really good, I would reconsider

tempting...
i don't know, i just feel like i can't support them after that twin peaks album. it's too... i don't even know how to describe it. trying to encapsulate hipsterdom, or something.

You're in your anti-obvious phase of youth where you cringe at the thought of two hipster-oriented forces joining. It does seem quite trivial but you will grow out of it.

i'm 25
it's sort of the opposite
i think i'm too old/have grown out of xiu xiu

did you listen to xiu xiu as a teenager?

yeah
i don't know
i just feel like i'm on jamie's level as a musician and as a human being
i met him in person too
i'm just sort of over xiu xiu

dl link?

Good god, what is wrong with Twin Peaks now?

anyone else like [spoiler]the call[/spoiler]

i like jamies bit...

This record has gotten better every time I listen, queen of the losers is awesome.

Jesus Christ, grow up.

what language is the cover art? and what means?

I think it's we forget in arabic, but at the risk of sounding like an ignorant american, it just looks like an isis flag