Try to explain how a weeb samurai could possibly last more than 10 seconds in a fight against a European knight?

Try to explain how a weeb samurai could possibly last more than 10 seconds in a fight against a European knight?

Sturdy, heavy iron sword designed not only to cleave through flesh but also bash the shit out of armour plate.

Vs

Essential a jap cardboard covered in leather wielding a piece of glass that would shatter the moment it connected with the knight's sword/armour.

>pro tip; you can't. No contest.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_dragon
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A katana is a much more sophisticated weapon made out of meteor steel. It would not break it is incredibly strong and would easily be able to penetrate the knights armour as the samurai are much quicker and able to out manoeuvre the knight who walks like a robot.

The japanese katana would pierce the armour easy it has more reach than the knight's sword. It is a stabbing weapon so it wouldn't be used to hit the knights armour and would shatter. Plus the knight would be really slow.

>meteor steel

Basement dweller confirmed.

The samurai would just run away, last 11 seconds, the. Be chased down and killed by the knight because armour wasn't that bulky or heavy.

A katana can't cut through plate armor or even chain mail, you damn weebs behave as if katanas are lightsabers.

The knight would rek face. These fucking anime faggots think they know all their is to know about medieval warfare because their favourite anime character has a katana.

Wtf are you taking about, it's made from meteor steel and is the shared thing on the planted. A well made katana can cut at the atomic level.

samurais channel the power of the dragon and tiger.

Knights only have cows and sheep.

People keep posting the pictures of people with katanas as cring worthy, but IMO there actually pretty cool pictures. Reminds me of the matrix if it was set in Japan or the Kamiwantiguni Zero series.

What the fuck is going on in this thread and why can nobody in it fucking spell?

And horses, which are real unlike dragons, won't fucking kill you if you turn your back like a tiger, and can be ridden and trained to wear armour and bite and kick the shit out of fags like you.

Yeah buddy this is not anime, it's real life. An Arming Sword (which was common among knights during the 11th through 16th centuries) has an average length between 27 to 32 inches. While a 16th century katana had a average length of 23.5 inches. Earlier katanas of the 14th and 15th centuries had an average length of 27.5 or 28.5 inches. So a Knight using an average Arming Sword would have more reach than a Samurai using their latest version of a Katana

Why are you even asking? This is a post about knights fighting samurai. 97% of the people in this thread are unemployed and live at home.

Ok well good job you baited me

yeah but you missed the part where the knight was really slow. It might be 1" longer but that's nothing when the ninja trained samurai sidesteps the knight and stabs him in the back, without even looking.

>knights are slow
>knights move like robots

Are you guys aware that this is not exactly true? A knight in chainmail (sure it is heavy, but they train to do battle in it) can move extremely quick. Maybe not as quick as a samurai, but more quick than is necessary. Imagine the strength these knights have tho, sure samurais have the inner strength, outer strength, and quickness but imagine ONE slice to the chest which a huge ass blade at full power. Dead.

>live at home
Where else would I live you fucking homeless nigger

Here's a simple logical proof:

Mongolians beat knights

Samurai beat Mongolians (the samurai didn't even have to lift a finger)

Therefore Samurai beat knights.

Kek even the turks wooped knight ass 7/8 times in the crusades.

You want a tough sword get Scimitar.

Not some faggoty wobbly shit that's going to cut you when the Samurai slaps it back into ur chest

>samurais channel the power of the dragon and tiger
Traditionally thats chinese culter tho

Shh anime is Japan culture

Tigers can be trained from birth and conditioned to weak armour. A tiger would destroy a horse, and a samurai (though not as quickly or efficiently as a Ubigoshi or Takimangi ninja) would out swordplay a knight.

Ryūjin no ken o kure!

> What is rock-paper-scissors

There parents home dumbass. Go back to school and try to learn to read between the lines.

Katana
Stabbing weapon

Pick one you dumb mother fucker

Logic sort of flawed as the ocean beat the mongols, not the samurai. Japan was fucking lucky the mongols gave up and set their sights on Europe instead.

>There parents home
I wouldn't have to try and read between the lines of you spoke English, Pyotr.

Swiss also beat all the knights. And we would have raped all the smuweebs too.

Fedora much?

hah nice one !

what do you think samurais ride on? chickens?
that's a given for them. And on top of that dragons and tigers.

where do you think chinese got tigers and dragons? africa?
copied from japan

You're a fucking moron have yo never seen a knight. That armour is fucking heavy. People on TV put it on and can barley raise their arms. Stop lying to yourself. When word war 3 comes around and we are invaded by the japanese and their superior culture takes over you will be killed for this sort of disrespect.

>Go back to school
>There parents

Are you actually retarded? The mongs developed horseback archery to a level where they had supreme mobility, and picked up every advancement from every culture they conquered. The Khans were so successful because they adapted rather than adhere to rigorous thinking, and took advantage of those who did.

The mongs never bothered with Japan. What the fuck is the incentive to invest in a fleet to take an island that has next to nothing of value compared to effort?

1 example is not proof you tard.

That's like saying I fuck all mothers just because I fucked yours (she sucked by the way)

do you actually realize that without a horse, old knights could barely move? Or are you too crippled by overdose of movies and lack of knowledge about history? (not defending samurais in any way, but your logic is so flawed it hurts)

My mistake it's not easy learning english a third language Tyrone. I understand it can be hard not having free healthcare, so try not to type to hard lest you hurt your fingers.

We'll just nuke them like last time you fucking pleb.
No fucking 5 foot something frail nip is going to do shit.

This isn't Total War!
You are not on Sup Forums

Watch a documentary or 2 retard. It's not mount and blade you dumb cunt

Yah I know.

Wasn't there an episode of Mail Call where he compared a European sword to a katana? I remember the katana winning in a cutting armor test. The only advantage the Euro sword had was being more durable.

My money's on the samurai. Mongolians didn't like chain mail they thought it was too hard to fix when it breaks, that stuff isn't indestructable.

Really depends specifically what soldiers are fighting though. Most ancient warfare was just arrows, cavalry, and spearmen

I know three languages and have free healthcare.
I'm guessing you're assuming I'm American or something, which I'm not.
Nice try though, kiddo.

>This entire thread
>Faggots who can't a spell
>faggots who think people that like katanas are automatically weebs

Confirmed. Katanas are responsible for nuclear weapons.

What point are you trying to make? That dragons are real? When was the last time you opened your curtains and looked at the outside world?

Nope, just people who like Katanas and use anime reaction maymays like you.

The folded iron of a katana is brittle and heavy compared to the flex that a German longsword has. This is due to the ruling emperor in 900A.D banning the modification of the Japanese katana claiming it to be "perfect". Yet the German zweihander (idk if zweihander is right spelling) is the same weight as a katana with significantly more reach, more flex, a cross guard and is double sided. These modifications where due to experimentation in smithing over the years to find the perfect combination of reach, weight and balance. Japan didn't go through this trial and error process and havn't improved upon the traditional katana.
*Citation is on its way*

Guy, come on.

Op is asking an obvious bait question. A fatass obsessed with Japanese culture vs a European knight.

Don't get butthurt

To channel the power of something it doesn't have to be real.
I didn't say that dragons were real.
But where do you think godzilla originated from?
Motherfucking GODZILLA!
Samurai Dragons.

Yeah but you missed the part where a full set of Field Plate only weighed 60 pounds which is equivalent to a modern day soldiers load. Also who said the knights were restricted to using jousting armor which is the sterotypical knight armor. The average knight were trained to solider the weight and still perform effectively so their mobility were barely hampered. Samurais were more mobile but they had severe disadvantages, those being inferior armor, lack of a shield, their weapons not being able to peirce plate armor unless they were using thrust attacks exclusively, and their inexperience facing someone who was heavily armored and by extension their lack of knowledge concerning armor weak points.

>OP adding more bait

Katana has a lot less stabbing power than you think. The curve in the blade decreases the effectiveness of stabbing but increases the cutting power

>Knight
>Slow
>Gook warriors literally wore heavy iron armor

Absolute faggot

john keegan wrote a good book about this
The Face of Battle
there was a good section regarding western warfare mentality versus east...apparently western civilization is insanely adept at killing people, must more so than the east
the knight in metal plate armor with shield and mace or hand and a half sword can inflict more casualties in less time whilst staying alive themselves longer than a chainmail and wood armored samurai with a katana and short sword

How does a samurai thinking about dragons make him any less likely to die?

He's right you know

Don't care about weeb spirit-infused meteor steel fanboys. Just being Mong Defense Force because that's an actual force to be reckoned with.

Also, mandatory "I am not your Guy, Buddy"

>fat
>trenchcoat
>neckbeard
>cool
dumbass

You got me. I got results much faster than I expect tho.

>where do you think chinese got tigers and dragons? africa? copied from japan
Source on that statement?

Stupid question. Different periods, different equipment, different martial arts over all. Stop trying to fanboy by making up some specific scenarios where your favourite wins.

crouching blog + hidden wiki

Yeah the samurai look like they are wearing roof tiles half the time weak spots are very noticeable.
Even euro under armour is pretty solid.

Half swording is cool as shit but I don't think they would even have to since the Jap armour is balls.

Checkmate

knight's asleep, weeb sneaks up and slits throat

kek

>where do you think chinese got tigers and dragons? africa? copied from japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_dragon
>"Japanese dragons (日本の竜 Nihon no ryū) are diverse legendary creatures in Japanese mythology and folklore. Japanese dragon myths amalgamate native legends with imported stories about dragons from China, Korea and India. The style of the dragon was heavily influenced by the Chinese dragon."
>heavily influenced by the Chinese dragon

No. Katanas are extremely efficient at stabbing, but they're not designed around it. The difference between stabbing with a katana vs a claymore (for example) would be that the jap sword is more likely to break if it impacts heavy armor.
>the knight was really slow
top kek. Look up some medieval combat tournament, they use real steel armor and can run with it, no problem.
Before you sperg out, yes, they go through a historical authenticity committee, so it's just like the real ones.

That's why bushido forbid parring with swords.

>Sneaking with 400lbs
also nice dubs

"Meteor steel"

THIS IS THE END ALL

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo

KATANA WINS.

You Tunami faggots watch so much anime that uses euro swords you think they're better.

You anime faggots think chainmail is invincible. It's not.

You anime faggots think the Mongolians wouldn't just kick a heavy armored Euro knight down and cut his neck. That happened.

Katana wins. Euro knights are overrated. You guys watch to much evangelion and soul eater

So proof the samurai as essential one swing then his word is fucked?

Obviously a thread with no definite conclusion, but I'll bite the bait anyway.

We're going to assume the knight is wearing standard plate with leather coat, harness, and leg guards underneath. He'll be using a 2-handed longsword for fairness' sake, as the katana was also a 2-handed weapon. In terms of reach there were some ridiculously long weapons used by the Europeans, but we'll go with a classic arming sword, about 28 inches, the same length as a 15th century katana.

The samurai armor was mainly studded leather cured and layered in such a way that a cutting blade would have a very hard time slicing through. Sadly for them, arming swords weren't used so much for cutting as they were for crushing their way through opponents, causing broken bones even through layered leather.

The katana, on the other hand, was a specially layered sword that was used for slicing, almost never piercing. This would normally be a huge disadvantage against plate, but the katana was so sharp and durable that it could slice through a layer of traditional plate, but not break bones. It was also much lighter than an taking sword.

Taking all of this into account, you can't accurately say who would win. It would most likely be whoever landed the first hit on their opponent's extremities.

/thread

samurai has better mobility, also japanese sword is folded a million times and therefore stronger also it's sharper also the samurai has better fighting technique also he has throwing stars and nunchucks too if he needs them

>Remove arms to go for a comfy piss/shit in forest take sword for good measure
>Return to see weeb is cutting the throat of my suit
>Chop weeb samurai in half with cleaver 3 times his size

>implying Keegan writes anything good other than WW1&WW2 histories
k

youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo

Option number 1: Katana punctures through metal with help of the samurai.

Option Number 2: Samurai starts running like a fatboy who loves cake while the knight cant catch to him because of the armor.

>Light, flexible, steel sword
ftfy

>/thread

It's all over japfags, pack your bags and call yer' mums.
Back to the basement.

> shit tier american-forged "katana"
> retard with fencing mask
> swinging sword like chopping firewood

>katana vs plate armour
>disposable plastic knife vs kevlar vest
Literally what is the difference

Katanas were side arms/imma kill myself tools

>imma kill myself tools
Seppuku is so hot mmmmm

/thread

This. They were most commonly used for commiting Sudoku.

>muh famiry honoru

>muh shamefur dispray

>see katana lose
>damage control
>damage control
>damage control

Im not arguing for any side here, I just found the video and hoped it would help with the dispute. I haven't even watched it.

Oh God pls not this Katana VS Longsword discussions.
Different areas with different fighting styles and armour. The end.

See Already posted mang.

lolwut? Do you fucks even read? Seppuku was traditionally committed with a tanto or tachi, the samurai's katana would be laid with his armor or belted to his person as decoration for the suicide.

This is only an excuse for starting a yurop vs gook thread

Fuck you genji you little cunt