Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale#Life_cycle
nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/species/mammals/whales/killer-whale.html
orcanetwork.org/nathist/biennial.pdf
seaworldcares.com/killer-whales/lifespan/#footnote2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer Swordfish.

peta propaganda

Great documentary. Won't stop me from going to Seaworld though.

>Great documentary
Hey buddy, I have a bridge to sell you

Great proposal. Won't take it though.

>thumbnail looks like a Bane mask
What have you done to me Sup Forums...

was hoping this was a GOT spinoff

Completely idiotic. Wish so many people wouldn't have fell for their lies and forced Sea World to stop doing shows.

Seaworld shill pls go

>first they came for SeaWorld, but I didn't speak up because I'm not a fish.

>movie is called Blackfoot
>it is about sea mammals

I never got my refund either.

hippie shill pls go

He's a big fish.

i don't know how i watched the whole thing desu

documentaries with such an obvious agenda should be illegal.

Fuck orcas, they want to kill everything. Dolphins are bros.

Best documentary I've seen in ages.
I love it when a documentary makes me care about something I've never given a shit about, I couldn't care less about animal rights but this really struck me.
Same thing with culture high, I hated stoners before I watched that movie.

great piece of propaganda, shame seaworld couldn't weather it.

It's funny how a few lies from disgruntled fired "trainers" could cause so much damage.

>literally sating that you love propaganda

An erotic statement on the relations between man and fish. Truly a delight for the senses.

What a stupid title. Orcas aren't fish. How can you trust a documentary that doesn't know a basic fact about the thing it's discussing?

>not whitefish
this is fucking racist!

>After the film's release, former SeaWorld trainer Bridgette Pirtle said the final film was "a complete '180' from what was originally presented to me."[13] In earlier statements, Pirtle praised the film's direction and supported its message.[14] Mark Simmons, one of Tilikum's first trainers, believed few of his interview comments were used "[b]ecause the things I said flew in the face of the movie's clear agenda. What I contributed did not support Gabriela or Tim Zimmerman's intent with the film."[15]

>Michael Scarpuzzi, the vice president for zoological operations and trainer for SeaWorld San Diego says the film uses Brancheau's death and gruesome details to "not inform the public, but, rather regrettably, because of the desire to sensationalize." He states, "We have altered how we care for, display and train these extraordinary animals. We have changed the facilities, equipment and procedures at our killer whale habitats. The care and educational presentation of these animals at SeaWorld has been made safer than ever. Does Blackfish inform its viewers of that fact? No, it does not."[16]

>In January 2014, the family of the late trainer Dawn Brancheau said neither they nor the foundation named after her were affiliated with the film, and that they did not believe it accurately reflected Brancheau or her experiences.[17]

gee, color me surprised

What's wrong with not wanting to see animals suffer? Suddenly that makes him a hippie?

>they want to kill everything
If you watched the documentary you would know that they aren't aggressive in the wild.

>maybe if I say this documentary is propoganda people will think I'm smart
I really hope you fags don't do this in public, oh wait... You faggots never leave the house.

>documentary
please stop calling it this.

>dat projection tho
learn to love yourself breh.

that's pretty weak evidence m8

>hey look, those orcas are hunting using waves, lets go down there film them. OH NO! THEY'RE DOING IT TO US NOW
>oh no, this whale is trying to steal my bait bag and is dragging me down!
>did that mean killer whale bump you?! what a fucking jerk

>those aggressions don't count
>dey dindu nuffin
>a sea mammal of peace
okay m8

yeah, considering there's so few and that those are the highlights, I would say your argument is pretty weak. Seriously, a kid was bumped in the shoulder, everyone man the harpoons!

But you said they want to kill everything. There was one incident of an orca killing someone according to your evidence.

>yeah, considering there's so few
Because humans aren't regularly in contact with wild killer whales. Of course you're going to have more incidents in captivity because you have a greater number of human/orca interactions. I also like how you ignore the ship being sunk and the guy being bitten and instead focus on the kid being bumped

>But you said they want to kill everything. There was one incident of an orca killing someone according to your evidence.
where. The ones in the pic have everyone surviving the "incidents"

>>they want to kill everything
>ignore the one where orcas didn't kill anything and the other one where ocras didn't kill anything
I didn't ignore anything, I'm just not autistic enough to address everyone for no reason.

>Because humans aren't regularly in contact with wild killer whales.
keep moving that goalpost.

Half of the encounters outlined in the wikipedia article are the orcas actually interacting with someone in a threatening way, one of which dying. Compared to the incidents of the orcas in captivity killing multiple trainers over the span of less time than the first incident reported in the wikipedia article.

They're as rapey as any another other dolphin.
Fuck'em.

flailing this hard. Kek. Go back to watching your works of fiction.

>pulls out memes instead of arguments
So this is the audience that Blackfish was aiming for

that's a really stupid argument user. Please don't be this stupid.

>one of which dying
where?

>killer whales are known to use hunting tactics on ships
>this isn't aggressive

Killer whales: its not just a name

>posts essentially shitting on blackfish
>thinks they are defending blackfish
what meme is this?

>trying this hard just to be contrarian

you are truly pathetic

>Because humans aren't regularly in contact with wild killer whales
>Amaruq out on ice stalking seal
>deep cracking sounds
>chills runs up Amaruq's spine
>shit runs down Amaruq's leg
>giant sea nigger breaks through a thin patch of ice and slams down on Amaruq
>last few minutes of Amaruq's life is spent in the cold darkness being raped by a giant dolphin
>thousands words for snow, no words for how painful and pathetic Amaruq feels in his dying moments
>family assumes Amaruq got drunk and fell through thin ice

>Compared to the incidents of the orcas in captivity killing multiple trainers over the span of less time than the first incident
NEWS FLASH: HAVING A FIREARM IN YOUR HOUSE INCREASES THE CHANCES OF YOU GETTING SHOT IN YOUR OWN HOME, MORE AT 11.
THIS JUST IN, LION TRAINERS ARE MORE LIKELY TO GET KILLED BY A LION THAN THE AVERAGE CITIZEN, WE'LL BRING YOU MORE AS THE STORY DEVELOPS.

It's pretty awesome to see movies making a difference in our world even if its a small change

the only change this movie made was that it ruined and possibly destroyed a company that employed and educated people and contributed more to wildlife than the movie that destroyed it.

How is that a bad thing? Why do people need to learn about animals they will never encounter?

>educated people
By spreading misinformation about Orcas?

lol i think whales belong in the wild where they can be free rather that being captive and used for entertainment.
My point was that movie can make a difference in our world

>that's a really stupid argument user. Please don't be this stupid.
I'm not as smart as you :) what's stupid about it? Kind of like what you did when you posted that wikipedia article claiming that "orcas want to kill everything".

What misinformation did they spread?

because then they'll kill the all off for stupid reasons

like? try not to reference blackfish

>lol i think whales belong in the wild where they can be free rather that being captive and used for entertainment.
I agree, but there are situations where they're saved from fucked up situations and living in the wild would be the same as killing them.

And what's the point of making a difference in the world when it's more harm than good?

>Kind of like what you did when you posted that wikipedia article claiming that "orcas want to kill everything".
you're mixing up three different people. see all the other replies to your stupid post to see why it's stupid.

>Why do people need to learn about animals they will never encounter?
user, seriously?

>what's stupid about it?
this summed it up pretty much. Still waiting for that one incident where the wild orca killed someone.

Claiming that orcas only live to be 30 years old when in the wild they live to 50 to 90 years of age.

>they live to 50 to 90 years of age
[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale#Life_cycle

Great strawman. You would fit right in over at

>Claiming that orcas only live to be 30 years old
[citation needed]

you're a fucking idiot. kill yourself.

>Great strawman.
>using buzzwords incorrectly
good work user, you're doing great.

>6 recorded incidents since 1910
>0 fatalities
domestic cats are more dangerous

>only citation on age is a 95 page book by Mark Carwardine
>MARK CARWARDINE
kek

Compared to his/your citation about the Orca encounters in the wild.

Although im on your side here, you seem to forget youre on Sup Forums

You wouldn't consider completely disregarding what I said, immediately talking about different scenarios, not ONCE addressing what I said not a Strawman?

What the fuck are you talking about? We're talking about supposed misinfo spread by SeaWorld. What doe orca encounters in the wild have to do with anything? Stop trying to change the subject.

You're critiquing my source for not being supposedly credible when this guys source is probably from the same Wikipedia
article. I'd say it's even less credible because it's a screenshot.

Why are you bringing up other people that have nothing to do with the current conversation?

Are you or aren't you the guy that responded to me asking me to cite my source? What's the problem with citing a book? Of course you don't want to believe that the source I linked to is credible.

One of the examples of misinformation spread by Seaworld employees is telling guests that Orcas live to be a certain age, which in captivity is correct. However in the wild Orcas live to be older than Orcas living in captivity.

Have you even seen the documentary?

I'm wasn't disregarding what you said, I was pointing out why what you said is stupid.

>One of the examples of misinformation spread by Seaworld employees is telling guests that Orcas live to be a certain age, which in captivity is correct.
user...

>Have you even seen the documentary?
I bit you take supersize me as fact as well, right?

It's a book by Mark Carwardine. That is not a reputable source on orcas. Show me a scientific study that say that orcas live that long.
I have seen this documentary. Blackfish makes this this claim with no citation. Do you happen to have any scientific study to back up the claims made by Blackfish?

I thought it was pretty compelling, but it's too brutal and depressing to show to your friends apparently

nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/species/mammals/whales/killer-whale.html
>Lifespan: up to 50-100 years

>Workers at seaworld claiming orcas live to be 25-30 years
orcanetwork.org/nathist/biennial.pdf

>UP TO 50-100 years (dat range though)
>males typically live for about 30 years
so misinformation where?

They don't suffer. They're very happy and live much longer lives. Don't believe the lies lefties feed you.

still waiting for the misinformation. So far your links say that they typically live for about 30 years and that seaworld has stated that.

I already told you. Workers at seaworld tell their guests that orcas only live to be 25-30 years old when orcas in the wild can live to be 50-100 years (females). There has NEVER been a case of an orca living to be older than 30 years old in captivity in Seaworld, whereas there are orcas in the wild that live to be 50-90 years old, and even an orca recording to 103 years old.

I like how you disregard certain words like "typically" and "but can" and "up to"

I like how you disregard words like "never" lived to be 90 years old in captivity.

what does that have to do with misinformation by seaworld. Do they go around stating "orcas never live to be 90"?

*males can live as long as 50-60 years
*females typically live about 50 years, but can live as long as 100 years

how do we KNOW how many people orcas have killed? I mean you have to be out in the ocean for that to happen, and they'd probably eat a whole family not just the mommy and daddy. there could be a LOT more kills

SeaWorld claims the average life span for wild orcas is 30 years for females and 19 for males, with a maximum life span of 50 and 30 years, respectively.

This is coming from the horses mouth.
seaworldcares.com/killer-whales/lifespan/#footnote2

>dat selective editing though

In peer-reviewed studies, scientists estimate that the average, or mean, life expectancy for a female is 30 years and a male is 19 years in the Pacific Northwest.[1] For whales in Southeastern Alaska, the maximum longevity appears to be in the 50s for females and late 30s for males.[2] So, in those two areas of the world, female killer whales live around 30 to 50 years and males live around 19 to 30 years.

Anything left of Hitler is SJW.