Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HZwU2X2waWQ
youtu.be/9ZFmwkGsHFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the director became a father and was angsty as shit about it

fear of becoming a father

A guy with shitty hair.

so whats lynch's obsession with deformed men

Mary tells me you're a very nice fellow. What do you do?
Oh, I'm on vacation.
Why did you do?

damn, those lines still ring true today

youtube.com/watch?v=HZwU2X2waWQ

youtu.be/9ZFmwkGsHFE

Good analysis.

Parenthood and Pretentiousness

Many things, anxiety, failure. Having everything already set out in front of you, meeting a girl, her family, having a kid. The world building up to destruction and not caring. That impending sense of doom that can happen at anytime. The torment of creating a failure and being forced to love it or not even letting the thing you love come to fruition because you fear it will fail.

It is abstract and with things like that you take what you will, putting your own meaning to things. That is what makes good art great, being able to have a different perspective for every person.

It's the fear of bringing someone into the world who will suffer and you are responsible for their existence. It means there was something wrong with your own genetic makeup that produced a broken person. There are a lot of complications that can occur before and during child birth.

We need a Jack Nance biopic.

what was the worm

Ambiguity alone doesn't make a movie great

It was a reference to Dune which Lynch foresaw in a dream

It's about the fear of fatherhood, nuclear holocaust, living in a industrial shitty world, and also it's just weird and abstract for the visual and tonal sake of it.

Very good post

Ambiguity != applicability

about 88 minutes

what the fuck are you about

shut the fuck up

It's about how millennials view parenthood.

The parenthood thingy as my fellow anons have already said but also, I thought, is a movie about one's fatality.

The fatherhood used as an instrument to make Henry face his own mortality (the scene when the fetus is in his suit)