I get so high I hope I don't start babblin

I get so high I hope I don't start babblin

Yo, we astro travellin.

>you will never be back in 9th grade smoking weed for the first few times being blitzed moving in slow motion and listening to this.
fuck i wish i could get that high once again ..

Take tolerance breaks you degenerate. 2 weeks at the least I know you can do it man.

>astro black comes on

YOU KNOW WE BOUT TO

Remember when this was posted a bunch

I used to listen to this album every night while I fell asleep, all that scratchy vinyl and movie samples and madlib's voice when it's not pitched is like the chillest flow ever

I really wish he'd do a rap album without pitch shifts even if he just freestyled over a bunch of his old beats, it'd be sick

This is Madlib's best work (besides maybe piñata)

to me its perfect half-pitched and half-normal. Quas appearing only half the time on his own albums is the perfect way to execute it. His flows work best in disjointed and short intervals.

my man

some of us don't get blazed every other day

best hip hop album ever imo, beats are transcendent

>tfw madlib retired quas

did he actually say that? the last album came out only 3 years ago

that was a compliation, besides like two original songs

“I don’t really like to rap no more, man. I ain’t got nothing to say. I done said what I said,” Jackson told the audience. “I don’t even fuck with Quas no more. Fuck that n**a man.”

It's not quas, but it's the fact that he just sounds like he doesn't want to rap anymore. I can get it too, but I just wish he'd trip out again and gain some inspiration for some more story-heavy tracks.

YO WHERE'S THE LOOP NIGGA

that's a shame. although i still think it's hilarious how he refers to quas as another person

ive always considered quasimoto to be a duo consisting of madlib and lord quas (notice how he usually refers to himself as lord quas, adn when saying quasimoto it's usually followed by a "we")

yeah, he's always done that. It's the best.

Huh, you might be onto something. Can't think of a time where he doesn't refer to strictly himself as anything other than lord quas.

>Quasimoto crew, we wanna make you press rewind--

make you wanna*

shit, and I'm not even high

DOOM also refers to quasimoto as just quas, so that could be the case

to be fair that was an album of cleaned up b-sides and other rarities from a decade ago at the time

Any other buddy duo adventures in hip hop like this? I love that it's like vignettes of them just fucking around. Might tune in and they're selling bootleg dilla, they might be on the run, or it might be a skit of quas opening a bag of weed.

It reminds me a bit of das racist.

why is pic related so underrated??? its so incredibly produced

If you don't like the vocal manipulations then listen to Lootpack. Beats are what you expect from Madlib, amazing, but even though there is less vocal manipulations the raps still don't come close to The Unseen.

Production is indeed insane. Layers upon layers. Some of them could be mixed a bit bitter like The Clown, but for the most part I love the raw sound of it. It easily has the most of my favorites. Strange Piano, Don't Blink, Hydrant Game, Players, Crime, Another Demo, etc. etc. Pretty much every track, really. Only wish there was more to Closer and that Bartender Say didn't have as much vocally

Bit too much b-boy style for my liking. Can't get into the raps all that much. That Crate Digging sample is fantastic though

?

bump for interest

!

Also MHB is the best track on The Unseen

Stoner/smoking vibe rap is always dope

this is a real good look

confirmed false unfortunately. The quas instagram posts fake shit all the time. See:

actually i remember reading article where madlib says he considers quasimoto as trio consisting of him, lord quas and melvin van peebles

based