Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show...

Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show. So smart in fact that I'm very concerned Hollywood will dumb down the plot and world building to appeal to a larger audience.

If this movie has even the same level of philosophical dialogue as the Matrix had I will be surprised.

How bad will they fuck up your show user?

>Ghost in the shell was a smart man/woman's show.

anime is for kids though

Most cartoons are more intelligent and engaging than live action shows. Especially modern live action shows.

What you meant to say is that live action is for normies, and normies are mediocre, which is exactly the problem I think this movie will have, catering to dumb masses

> ANIME IS FOR FUCKING LITTLE GIRLS LOL

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in ghost hacking. I was given the title of Major. They take a movie “Ghost In The Shell.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little girl, whether she was asian or white, I don’t know. I don’t care. She had never been to Japan. She doesn’t speak Japanese. She has never hacked a Ghost. They make her the Ghost In The Shell. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

nice meme

bump

bumped didn't work

cartoons are for kids though

first time posting on Sup Forums surprised gits isn't getting more discussion.

literally. fucking little girls.

The problem is that ghost in the shell appealed to the mind, where as most people who watch tv for entertainment want to be appealed to their emotions. Most people think with their emotions as well, so don't expect the live action movie to be very smart.

this, most people who watched the matrix trilogy never really "got" what it was about. For most people it's just about kung fu fighting machines.

bump

If you see this thread please bump it so it doesn't die.

>Hollywood will dumb down the plot
>white actors
>takes place in new york
>will probably westernize the names as well
no shit it's going to be dumbed down. it's a cash in because hollywood is bankrupt of creativity.

>takes place in new york
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

why isn't this thread bumping?

Well no fucking shit you dumb mother fucker. I have been saying this since the moment it was revealed that ScarJo was playing the Major. The reason they went with her is because she's a safe bet, and safe bets mean that they're going to follow formula.

All they want is the property name and tie-ins, they give to shits about the actual source material.

I'm hoping for them to fuck it up so I can just dismiss it outright and have an easier life.

What I'm worried about is if they make a genuine attempt

sad, gits deserves a good movie.

No tachikomas no sale

It already got one twenty years ago.

Every day huh

I'm thinking I will skip this movie. Unless it gets really good reviews form friends or on here.

what's it called?
this is my first time posting on Sup Forums, perhaps my posting about this movie is the result of a stand alone complex.

If anime is for kids because some anime is for kids, then that would mean live action movies and shows are also for kids since some of them are for kids.

>damn dude what if like... you can be a robot and shit in the future? would you be human anymore? my nip cartoons really make you think

>what's it called?
Maybe you've heard of it...

But Scarlet Johan Schmidt looks nothing like her.

Can't possibly be worse than Aeon Flux.

They are, though.

Hah. Hollywood is just dumbed down shit for people that can't read

Then what's the use of criticizing anime when live action is no better?

Motion picture artforms are worthless as a whole.

How are they worthless?