ITT: We post unusual social customs / traditions from our country/state and other Anons guess where we're from...

ITT: We post unusual social customs / traditions from our country/state and other Anons guess where we're from. I'll start

1) Being invited to the wedding doesn't automatically mean you're also invited to the wedding reception
2) Miners greet with "God bless", even if they're not religious
3) Tea with raspberry juice. Fuck milk, what are you, a baby
4) Cashiers sometimes ask if they can owe you a penny when something costs like 2.99
5) If you have dual citizenship, it's illegal for you to identify yourself with the other country's passport when you're here - even if you were born in the other country and don't even speak our language or have any ties to this place. Oh, and you are automatically a citizen of our country if at least 1 direct ancestor of yours was a citizen aswell (they didn't even have to born here). Can't argue or dispute that, it's just how it is

pic related, it's a flooded WW2-era quarry from my town, now a semi-popular recreation spot

Every October, we close down Main Street.
Drink tons of beer, listen to old country, and have a hay bale throwing contest.

Hmmm, My guess is Poland. But I know that cashiers do the same thing in Netherlands too

Zakrzówek in Poland.

We bring odd number flowers as gifts etc. except on funerals where it is customary to bring an even number bouquet.

Still Poland? We do the same thing

This one is true in Latvia too

Everyone is nice, too nice, perfect amount of normies and anons, host world headquarters of a huge company, yet our we have 35,000 people living here. If you guess the state thats fine, but im talking about a county. Also I'm fron Latvia, did you see my thread yesterday?

Hahah polen. Please tell me what zolta morda means?

So you're telling me the all the refugees have rendered the access to Google Translate in Germany impossible?

only someone who cheated and google-imaged the pic would call it that

>no latvian thread
>only potato and secret police

xd.

I've tried but it gives shitty translstion that doesn't look legitimate.

true in romania as well, and some bitches even complain if you give them an even number of flowers because superstitions.
tbh i just personally think that aesthetically, an even number of flowers unfolds nicer when placed in a vase.

They don't even ask in the netherlands ^^ But you pay less if its like 2,22

Your picture is literally what "żółta morda" means (mind the ż and ó). "Yellow snout/face"

1) we hardly celebrate our national holiday because it is also Moving Day here
2) cheese and gravy on fries
3) all dressed pizza with peppers, mushroom, pepperoni and onions is a at every pizzeria

Croatia.

Just one thing. One thing that makes us different from normalfag cities/provinces/states

1) It's illegal NOT to have a gun when you're outside

1) we don't have an independence day, for we were never dependent on anyone
2) there's no linguistic/cultural distinction between "good morning"/"good afternoon"/"good evening", it all comes down to the equivalent of "good day"
3) if you own a purebreed dog and it produces a litter of puppies with a mutt, you can be fined heavily for each puppy that you sold or they euthanize the litter
4) if you're a single, childless woman in education, you can apply for special government allowance

hint: because of wildlife, not other humans