Why the fuck is volleyball so unpopular?

Why the fuck is volleyball so unpopular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slbQjndJleQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DXERlFMMT1k
u.pomf.is/pofysk.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This same question has been hunting me my whole life desu pham

too many down times, pitch too small, not easy to get into

zionist conspiracy

Nah. To set a pitch is as easy as to fix a nanny futbol one. Futbol players usually are fine volley players btw

I want to frog manager-san

Looks girly, so guys don't play it
It's actually really demanding, so girls don't play it

Because that's a sport designed for girls

because its an awful sport

Because if you're that tall you should be playing basketball

I agree.

Female volleyball is just fine, you're thinking about male volleyball, and the answer to that is that it's gay.

First because apparently there is no real stategy, i never played volley with good players, but it is just x>y game

Second there is 0 body contact, the closest thing you can get is a block

Primarily a girl's sport, just like softball and soccer.

Because it's not a contact sport

I've seen great matches though

The most underrated sport to me is futsal

Maybe because it's a shit tier sport senpai.

Being shit didn't stop soccer from being popular.

I used to watch and play VB in my home country Cuba when I was little, then when I got to Spain I joined the sickness that is football. Make no mistake, US, stay the fuck away from soccer, or it will slowly swallow your other sports.

Very little place for flair, unique or remarkable styles of play.
No contact.
Very limited tactics.
It's for girls.

Volleyball was always the consolation sport in highschool phys ed that you played if it was raining and the teachers didn't want to let you get wet.

It's synonymous with shit weather and disappointment.

>shit weather and disappointment
Sounds an awful lot like Australia tbqh

>Being shit didn't stop soccer from being popular.

What is really anoying is everytime they score a point it's like if they won the World championship..

>women competitivity

shots fucking fired

Well its extremely popular here and elsewhere in eastern europe.

who /petanque/ here ?

When I put lequipe21 on and see some high level petanque, I'm literally glued to the TV.
There is everything for success : strategy, skill and potential memes.
It could be big I think if investors tried to export that in other countries than France.

I'm big fan too, they try to make it an Olympics game.
And there is not only France who play it but Italie, spain, Madagascar...

During the "Marseillaise" (the biggest competition) in July at Marseille, there is some teams that come from all over the world, USA, Japan, UK..etc that's really a fun game to watch and play.

I never get to watch pétanque but every time I stumbled upon La Marseillaise I got glued to the screen too.
It's a fun game to play at all skill levels too. We should have pétanque threads.

But it's kind of like darts: it'sa a drunk sport that's has pretty unsexy GOATs

but being shit is the reason all american sports keep confined in your containment country

>it'sa a drunk sport that's has pretty unsexy GOATs
Not always

youtube.com/watch?v=slbQjndJleQ

it's kinda popular here

but guys watch female volleyball to see asses and cameltoes, gays watch and play male volleyball, and everyone promptly forgets about volley when there's a football match (aka all the goddamn time)

its fairly popular around here among teen and preteen girls. we used to play it occasionally against them during PE. you can also see them playing it in parks usually using a football goal as the net till they are told to fuck off by the boys who need the goal to play footie.

but yeah, its shit. here if you play its usually over after a couple of exchanges. serve, they scramble to get it, toss it over the net, we slam it on them. rinse and repeat. really boring. we won easily every time even though we were just messing around, serving with our fists etc.

It's the 2nd most popular sport in Brazil, right after football. Volleyball games are broadcasted on national TV. Even Brazilian league games are broadcasted.

7 meter shot.
The World record 99 (shot) out of 100

youtube.com/watch?v=DXERlFMMT1k

Agree. Premier futsal here is as, if not more entertaining than real football.

The problem with volleyball is that it is really fun to play, but boring as fuck to watch.

Also, you need at least 3 other players to play anything remotely interesting.

It's not unpopular.
It's a great sport, great fun to play or to watch.

u.pomf.is/pofysk.webm

Oh, and it doesn't matter how well you play. You can be a really good average height player, and you'll still be benched by some huge monster who can't even receive the ball.

t. former midget bench warmer

>ce malaise
>ces bras ballants
>cette chemise neuve parce que "ya la télé"
>ce son pris à la bite
Ah ouais, la classe!

We talk about minor sport dude, the guy is already happy to have petanque balls for free, of course Federer make more money and seem more professional if he sell some underwear on tv.
But you said:
> unsexy GOATs
(all GOAT in pétanque must be fat and unsexy)

And so, that's not true.

There are gay athletes in the NBA and the NFL a.k.a. man sports.

it's the same shit over and over again. same problem with tennis.

>pitch
it's a court you ignorant euro

The deal with tennis is that it's much easier to promote the SUPERSTARS in it, you know

With male volleyball, I imagine it's tough. I hardly hear anything about it.

Same thing with femela volleyball, beyond Sup Forums's based threads, I barely hear about it

>MFW I'm procrastinating editing volleyball photos I shot last night