youtube.com/watch?v=4kjeWGQ175g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4
youtube.com/watch?v=TE5uSdBom-s
villagevoice.com/music/liquid-liquid-havent-lost-their-edge-6435287
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is New York State of Mind?

You mean Empire State of Mind?

Still one of the best, but I wouldn't say THE best.

Corny lookin niggas

Still looking cooler than most niggas these days

No, the OP asked for a rap song

Listen to their Stevie Wonder tribute song, they look exactly like how they sound

I was asking if that's what he meant you fucking retarded imbecile.

>doesn't know new york state of mind
>calls somebody a fucking retarded imbecile

Billy Joel is not a rapper.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4
take notes whitey

Nas sucks. I'll take Beastie Boys any day over that shit.

>still no-one's made a better rap song than The Message yet
why lie?

>youtube.com/watch?v=TE5uSdBom-s

>What is Mind Playing Tricks on Me?

honestly hip hop/rap was never good.

Fuck GM Flash

villagevoice.com/music/liquid-liquid-havent-lost-their-edge-6435287

>Almost unfathomable in our era of corporate-controlled radio playlists and Balkanized nightlife scenes, the track, underpinned by McGuire's minimalist-funk bassline, made Liquid Liquid favorites on black radio stations like WBLS, and got them regular gigs at discos like Paradise Garage and Danceteria. But within months of Optimo's release, WBLS and other stations began playing a new, almost identical track called "White Lines (Don't Do It)," released by Bronx-based Sugar Hill Records. Credited to Melle Mel + Grandmaster (allegedly a ploy to trick record buyers into thinking it was a new Grandmaster Flash release), the record didn't technically sample "Cavern," instead featuring the Sugar Hill house band replaying it note-for-note, adding only Mel's verses and the "Get higher, baby" bridge (while also turning Principato's original "slip in and out of phenomena" vocal hook into the now-iconic hip-hop phrase "something like a phenomenon").

>Bahlman sued Sugar Hill as "White Lines," whose writing credit listed only Melle Mel and Sugar Hill co-owner Sylvia Robinson, became a huge hit. Though he eventually won a lengthy court case and set an early precedent in the still poorly defined realm of sampling law, the results were disastrous for all involved. Sugar Hill declared bankruptcy rather than pay the ordered $600,000 settlement; faced with enormous legal costs and disillusioned with the music business, Bahlman folded 99 Records. McGuire left Liquid Liquid to pursue an art career, and the rest of the group disbanded after recording another 12-inch, Dig We Must, as a trio.

AMEN

this is so confusing what is your point?

Flash wasn't even on White Lines, it's Melle Mel

Flash had left by that point

test

White Lines > Cavern tbhwymate