Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums
anybody else go to school for music?

i just finished a semester-long project analyzing "superman" from the tv show scrubs. 30+ hours of listening and graphing

we had to make pick a song with 6+ drum sounds and a synthesizer and then make eight graphs based on shit like dynamic contour, melodic contour, stereo location, etc.

you don't know how many times i've had to listen to this fucking song over the past few months, especially the past few days

if anybody cares/is awake i'll post pics of the graphs so you can understand the depths of Lazlo Bane

do it

Are you insane now?

Please I'm curious

Interested.

here's the key

what is this arts and crafts bullshit

don't post anymore and delete this immediately

that one is musical balance vs. performance intensity, i.e. how loud it sounds vs. how loud it was recorded at

this one is an analysis of all the percussion sounds and what pitches they contain

this is a graph of the synth tone

all that info for a boring ass song.

this is the overall dynamic contour of the piece

here's the stereo graph

and yeah i picked a simple song for an easier project

some kids are doing massive attack or tame impala and literally have to graph our 27 synthesizers

This is actually pretty interesting
Thanks OP

why would you ever do this by hand in this day and age? where do you even study?

UMass Lowell

Bane?

OUT THE DOOR JUST IN TIME
HEADING DOWN THE 405
GOTTA MEET THE NEW BOSS BY 8 AM

we also had to write up lyrical analysis and rhyme schemes, etc.

Should have picked some lowercase """"""""experimental"""""""" bullshit

Post them.

t. clueless philistine

i deleted the file, here's a pic

hope this one doesn't come out sideways too

here's a better pic of the first one

Sick bedsheets bro, I got the same but they're not in use now

i love you op

What class was this for?

lol thanks these are the default "college male" sheets

critical and analytical listening
basically my major is sound recording technology and they teach us how to understand the mix of any recording and how to communicate info about sounds objectively and efficiently and instead of using words like "crispy snare drum" or "punchy bass"

also a friend of mine did "ocean breathes salty" and he had his work cut out for him haha

alright i have the final for this class in like 5 hours so i'm going to bed

thanks for chilling

Modthany Mousetano

>UMass Lowell
>Not Harvard

>going to Harvard for music production

Do you feel like music theory has changed your taste in music? I feel like I'm missing out listening to music without an ear to rhyme scheme or how difficult a time signature is; my favorite album is Spiderland, but I honestly didn't know the time signatures were considered odd till I looked on the internet. I was talking to a qt the other day about the album, and I felt like such a dunce because I couldn't describe what made the album so good without talking about my psychological experience of listening to it.

Thanks Brad.

That's a big project.

to those who weren't aware it was baneposting's fifth birthday on the twelfth
i recommend checking out

Best thread on Sup Forums atm