The reason why Cole doesn't get respect is that he doesn't want to be a tryhard critic bait artist like Kendrick...

The reason why Cole doesn't get respect is that he doesn't want to be a tryhard critic bait artist like Kendrick. Unlike Kendrick who desperately tries to go out of his way to make """art""" and to please the critics, Cole just sticks to himself. Cole can easily make an artistic album but he doesn't want to because that's not WHO HE IS whereas Kendrick just wants to make artistic shit for the sake of making artistic shit so the white critics eat it up. Kendrick is going to continue to make concept albums because this is a cheap way to make his albums seem cohesive and more intellectual.

There's a reason why Cole is selling 500k+ per week while Kendrick isn't doing that well. It's simply because the people recognize this fact, that Cole is the man of the people because he sticks true to his values and beliefs instead of going out of his way to desperately try to seem different and unique like Kendrick does. This is why Cole is better than Kendrick in every way.

All I gotta say is that the critics will never understand Cole but the people will always understand Cole and will continue to make sure he goes platinum, sells out stadiums and get the accolades he deserves. The critics and the desperate music critics on Sup Forums and elsewhere are not true representatives of anything. They're elitists who hate on him for being true to himself and not selling out for the sake of being artistic or boundary-pushing. Cole in this way is a traditionalist. But he is good at what he does. And nobody can take that away from him no matter how many times his album gets panned by Pitchfork, The Needle Drop and other psuedo-intellectual music review places.

Okay, got it.

Got it, chief.

j cole fans lmao jesus christ

sales don't equate to quality

kendrick is actually doing great things with his music and in his community, as is j cole

kendrick is not panning to critics, the fact that you think this makes you look delusional

you're like the type of guy is barely getting into rap and thinks cole is the greatest rapper ever because he has simplistic bars that are easy to understand and are relatable to you mundane life

K, keep me posted

>There's a reason why Cole is selling 500k+ per week while Kendrick isn't doing that well. It's simply because the people recognize this fact, that Cole is the man of the people because he sticks true to his values and beliefs instead of going out of his way to desperately try to seem different and unique like Kendrick does. This is why Cole is better than Kendrick in every way.
this explains why americans continue to support mcdonalds

Reminder that Kendrick Llama is a 5'4" manlet. No girl likes him. Meanwhile most girls think that Cole is the perfect guy

>Kendrick is going to continue to make concept albums because this is a cheap way to make his albums seem cohesive and more intellectual.
coles new album is a concept album you faggot.

saged.

This is Cole's first concept album. AND.. it's a unique concept. GKMC has been done a million times already btw. Literally listen to any 90s hip-hop album.

My point was that Kendrick does it in every single album. Every album has to be a concept album because that's the only way he can make it cohesive. That's lazy, imho. But Kendrick fans always eat that shit up and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Also why are you saging different opinions? Maybe you belong on Reddit? You're in the wrong place, kid. On Sup Forums we have serious OPEN discussions without silencing opinions.

>Literally listen to any 90s hip-hop album.
thats funny because i usually reccomend ppl to do that when they say jcole is good

he's a poor mans nas
none of his albums even hold a candle to illmatic

>he's a poor mans nas
Nas doesn't even think this, lol. How can you make such a statement when even Nas himself loves Cole and thinks that he is one of the greats of this generation.

Also, last time I checked Illmatic is the greatest hip-hop album of all time. If we are to compare every artist's album to this then very few albums except the true classics would pass this standard.

I dare you to tell me that this album isn't deep after reading this

dudes a talent lmao

Bitches always on my d-ck, I wear a condom when I shit.
- On & On

Shittin on niggas like a nigga was still a baby.
- The Come Up

Motherfucker, I'm the shit, I pass gas when I feel.
- Sky Boy

Aye this is big shit poppin', you gon' need a plunger.
- Heartache

They say I'm like the human body, I produce my own shit.
- Royal Flush

They light a fire under my ass nigga my shit hot, even if you squatted under volcanoes nigga your shit not.
- Waterbreak

These niggas thinking they the shit and they ain't even farted yet.
- Last Call

I be shitting on my niggas and my dough be farting.
-The One

Nigga, eat a d-ck, we the shit, no flushing.
- Disgusting

You wanna know how I know I'm the shit? 'Cause I keep clogging up the toilet.
-Disgusting

I'm on that shit as if I was the flies.
-Premeditated Murder

I potty train niggas, yeah, this that teach you 'how to shit'.
- Bun B For President

I'm the shit, you the stools.
- Wireless Festival 2010 Freestyle

You the shit only cause I digested you niggas.
- See It To Believe It

I let you feel like you the shit, but boy you can't out-fart me.
- Dollar & A Dream III

Swallowed the key to my cell, which means,
I got an impossible lock to pick,
And if you want my spot you gotta go through lots of shit.
- The Cure

Now they tell me “man you like the realest shit I ever smelt."
- The Cure

f--k is that smell? I smell bullshyt, it must be an election year.
- Get Free

I'm the shit you the shit stains.
- Backstage verse at Kendrick Lamar show

Grew up in this bitch without a pot to piss, no toilet, how ironic, I took a lot of shit
- Tears For ODB

She put up with this shit like she work at the zoo, true
- Sparks Will Fly

If your shit don't stink, nigga, my ship won't sink
- Revenge Of The Dreamers

Straight shitting on these piss poor rappers, I'm back
- Everybody Dies

What's that smell, where's your diaper shit here
- She's Mine Pt. 2

>cherrypicking

bringing a whole new meaning to being a shit rapper

>These niggas thinking they the shit and they ain't even farted yet.
Jesus Christ

a true poet

I know a lot of people find OP corny, but take this in: Sure sales doesn't mean you're a good rapper/artist , but the only rapper that were able to sell that high is Drake, but even Drake had to rely his pop singles. Everybody cares about J. Coles music as a whole. He doesn't have to be pop like Drake and he doesn't have to try hard like Kendrick. Cole's music just speaks to a lot of people and they love his message

and what exactly is his message?

this album isnt deep

something something food for thought

Why are people threatened by different shit? There are a lot of ways to show love to J Cole that don't involve projecting a shit ton of insecurity and """"""""quotation marks"""""""" on other artists. Who bullied you, OP?

This guy is still here

I'm sorry but 4 your eyez only was as bland as plain oatmeal. Name three genuinely interesting or memorable tracks. I couldn't find a single one.

scat-rap?

>the greatest hip-hop album of all time
That's Liquid Swords.

Misogyny and high school level political messages

Nope. Its section .80

Nope its friday night lights

the only 'of all time' title that has claim to is worst hooks of all time

This post made it worth opening this thread.

That was bait, but cmon dude. The only bad hook song is no make up. Arguably his worst song of all time.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Hopsin is the only real raper

What this guy said

>Thought it was J Cole
>Nope it was his friend
>Started the same but Cole got out of the game and his buddies dead
Sounds like a bait and switch about the drug game. Like a bland rip off of The Wire.

untitled unmastered isnt a concept album and is cohesive

HAHA

you saying these 20 examples don't give any indication of a trend? word

fucking kek