Best Micro ATX motherboard for a AMD A8-7600 APU?

Best Micro ATX motherboard for a AMD A8-7600 APU?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AMD-A8-7600-Quad-Core-Processor-AD7600YBJABOX/dp/B00LUH1N4O?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20
youtube.com/watch?v=rED_2bR9RsQ
uk.pcmag.com/storage-devices-reviews/8061/feature/ssd-vs-hdd-whats-the-difference
pcpartpicker.com/product/C2tCmG/gigabyte-motherboard-gaf2a78mhd2
m.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-E30-Thinkstation-Workstation-Intel-i3-2100-3-10GHZ-8GB-RAM-Tower-TESTED-/311663752154?nav=SEARCH
m.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Technology-ATI-Radeon-HD-7870-GHz-Edition-OC-11199-03-20G-2GB-/252475000821?nav=SEARCH
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc72CvqS54o
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007H29FRS/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get the cheapest piece of shit for your cheap piece of shit cpu.

it's not a shit cpu. It's pretty much the best bang for the buck money can buy because you don't have to buy a graphics card. With fast memory you can play most games at a decent frame rate.

you clearly don't know what you are talking about .

Find out the socket compatibility list of your CPU and google for some reviews which mention this socket or find a few motherboard models with said socket.

... and find reviews containing them. Usually you'll get reviews with similar specs (e.g. same socket type) so you can compare. For the rest I'm currently simply too lazy...

now's your turn

I've been doing that. There aren't that many F2+ micro ATX motherboards. The reviews for those that exist appear to have been purchased. Don't trust them.

I'm building an HTPC for my dad's home theater. It has to be small.

>AMD

amazon.com/AMD-A8-7600-Quad-Core-Processor-AD7600YBJABOX/dp/B00LUH1N4O?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

>$75 for both CPU and GPU
>dat pricepoint

>shit cp
You got that part right

Ok intel fanboy, you believe everything they tell you

Okay you don't know fucking shit about computers.
Yea it has a onboard gpu and its complete shit its always shit.

>With fast memory you can play most games at a decent frame rate
Your fucking stupid, shared memory is horrible and slow.

Its a shit cpu.

Just fucking get a gigabyte or some shit for 45-60
And buy a at cheap hd7000+ series

Pic related a real a shitlord station.

This is the best cpu out there, 8 true fucking cores. Fuck intel

>There aren't that many F2+ micro ATX motherboards.
>The reviews for those that exist appear to have been purchased. Don't trust them.
You either compare the specs then or trust the benchmarks values they got and build your own opinion

>I'm building an HTPC for my dad's home theater. It has to be small.
For playing back video/casual games, probably any motherboard/cpu combo you consider will work. Simply add a small SSD for the OS drive and it will be fast enough.

Lol the amd op posted will blow your setup out of the water

You get what you pay for, dumbass. Instead of having a CPU that processes well and a GPU that renders graphics well, you're going to have a jack of all trades, master of none crap rig that does neither well.
That computer is already obsolete and you haven't even bought it yet.

To hijack this boring thread, my laptop hd died. Any decent cheap hd i can buy?

Here is someone playing fallout 4 at 1080p at a decent frame rate. (~30-60 fps)
youtube.com/watch?v=rED_2bR9RsQ

The thing is, he made the mistake of using 1600 mhz memory instead of maxing out his memory speed. With proper ram, it would perform much better than this.

no. they're all too expensive for you.

bullshit. there is no way in hell anyone can play fallout 4 at 1080p without a dedicated GPU.

obvious troll.

Buy a cheap SSD (

>can't even gta v 1080p 60fps low settings
>bang for buck

Just buy a used workstation and toss in a shit gpu like hd 7870 and you'll get much better performance

Are ssd really that much faster then hd?

Where would i get that sir

>buying amd gpu and cpu
That cpu will hold that gpu back a fucktonne. AMD drivers kill performance on weak CPUs, a lot more than nvidia.

Buy an 880k and gtx 1060 instead.

Yea an A8 is way better then a FX8300 paired with a gtx 980.
I have a fucking A8 so dont pull that shit with me.

Calling bullshit. Fo4 is horrible un-optimized half complete game.

Yea my setup is good enough and it still struggles with that game.
Doom plays way better on max settings and looks way better then Fo4(dem particles)

Again, pricepoint. You can't do what you're suggesting for under $300

It'll be like 400 dollars, but you'll be getting like 10x the performance.

Your igpu is an r7 240, the 1060 matches the r9 390 and 390x for only a little more.

>It'll be like 400 dollars

bullshit.

By far, read up on it for a small impression:
uk.pcmag.com/storage-devices-reviews/8061/feature/ssd-vs-hdd-whats-the-difference

For sure this CPU is not usable for standard gaming:
Battlefield 4: Low Details, Full-HD -> 29 fps
Tomb Raider: Normal Details, Full-HD -> 28 fps

But as others said, you get what you pay.

>gtx 1060 for $249
>880k for $85
>gigabyte mainboard for $32
$357

Anything that isn't gigabyte garbage

so, power supply? ram? OS?
you're missing a lot of components in your build there dipshit.

128 big enough to do dual boot linux and vista?

>being this susceptible to product marketing

>8gb ram dual channel 1866mhz $35
>1tb hdd $47
>evg 430w 80+ psu $25
>windows 10 for $20 off reddit
>case, some $25 piece of shit since you buy a pc to use it, not as a trophy.

>case
>case fans
>ram
>cpu cooler
>power supply
>hard drive

Add another $300

More like $150.

this guy gets it

$357
+35
+47
+25
>you can not buy a legit copy of Windows 10 for $20
>$25

= way over $300 budget.

Windows for 20, wtf you talking about. Its 200

samefag

>buying a cooler
>not just using the included cooler provided by AMD

Nah you can buy keys on reddit for literally 20usd.

Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+
-DDR3 Memory
-Raid support
-SATA6
-Onboard USB 3.0
-Only $31.88 after rebate from Outlet PC

pcpartpicker.com/product/C2tCmG/gigabyte-motherboard-gaf2a78mhd2

>windows 10 for $20 off reddit

lmao. Seems legit.

And when they get flagged your fucked

you can download a activated version for nothing

Depends on what you have installed/stored:
programs, games or files (e.g. videos)

but I'd say:
Linux 35 GB (incl. swap)
Vista 40 GB
Data partitions NTFS (files > 4GB) and/or FAT for both to share OS ~50 GB
could fit.

m.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-E30-Thinkstation-Workstation-Intel-i3-2100-3-10GHZ-8GB-RAM-Tower-TESTED-/311663752154?nav=SEARCH

m.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Technology-ATI-Radeon-HD-7870-GHz-Edition-OC-11199-03-20G-2GB-/252475000821?nav=SEARCH

This kills the APU

are you the user that hit his computer and thought it was fucked a few days ago?

I may try that, not doing gaming,, just for practicing coding

a z170 motherboard

then you return that shitty cpu, save up more, and get an intel

Your budget isn't realistic. It isn't possible to build a complete rig that includes a retail copy of windows for $300

Yes

>ebay

Linux is possible

Or this, save OS costs.

880k+gtx 1060 will absolutely smash what op is buying for only a little more cash.
>r7 240 vs gtx 1060, kek
>880k vs 7600, kek

Where can i get win 10 cheap, LEGALLY

AMD sucks you dumb cuck.

get an intell or die.

fucking moron fag.

For the usual Linux derivates like (X)Ubuntu you'd need at least 10GB, recommended 20GB and if you don't have many/huge code bases, 20GB could already be enough. (keep in mind you still have the shared data partitions ~50GB)

Reddit.

When you're on a budget, yes.

Link

You have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Every single gaming benchmark since the DDR2 days has shown that memory speed within the same generation (DDR/DDR2/DDR3..) affects performance by like 3% in the best case scenario in average framerate. (in some cases up to 7.5% on MINIMUM framerate but that's not really as importante as average at the end of the day)

Other non-gaming applications see a much higher increase.

Google some real world results, learn something about this shit.

that's a great way to throw away your money on bricked hardware.

Dude, workstations have been out of use for like a decade now, and they are still expensive new, and you have no idea how many hours were put into them.
A decent pc can be made for 600 bucks, you can scrape by with 450 but it won't be very time proof.

>A8 series
didn't know this was a JUST thread

Cool, thanks bro, i also have a thumb drive ill save to, but im just getting back into coding and it wont be crazy big files. Thanks forbthe advice!

Kink and its legal or illegal?

Notice the extremely low (shitty laptop tier) resolution on his Fo4 before you go around saying that piece of crap is any good.

It's not the worst possible thing but you will NOT have a good gaming experience with any modern (1080p) resolution in most modern games. You'll literally struggle to run some of them at playable fps.

OP can get an i3 workstation + 8gb ram + hd 7870 ghz edition for less than 200 dollars though. Performance will absolutely destroy his $300 APU build.

There's a whole subreddit for it, just google search

Generally, what you are saying is true when it applies to CPUs and dedicated graphics cards. APUs are different. APUS are designed to take advantage of faster memory.

But since you won't take my word for it, listen to your lord and savior based linus tell you
youtube.com/watch?v=Hc72CvqS54o
@4:24

TX 2400 beast ass processor

FX 2 400

results @ 28:24

I could have gone my whole life without knowing they have a mucus membrane.

That's a nice blurry close up of a pussy you got there. Uuhh mmmmm I came.

While it makes a bigger difference, the benchmarks in that video are something that's already horrible to begin with. Very Low (thief) / Low (Star swarm bench) settings and you can't even get 60fps at 1280x720....

I mean.. granted, I'm used to at least 1200-1300$ budget for anything that will run a game on it.. and up to 3k for serious rigs.. but the reality of the APUs is that generally they're not as good as getting a used and/or dated setup with a decent quad core and a dedicated gpu.

Hell.. I'd like to see how something like an AMD 6300 with a 560 Ti does against that setup. Old as fuck stuff (so cheap, especially if used) and I bet it beats it.

My dad doesn't play video games. I'm building a $300 HTPC. (Home Theater Personal Computer)

The frame rate was under 24 for most of the gameplay. Plus the graphics settings were low so... what a crap cpu

Get a budget gigabyte board, an fx 6300, 8gb of 1600 mhz ram, a gtx 660, and a 1tb Hdd. This will do better than what you are getting. You will need to upgrade the gpu soon, but it will hold you over for a little while.

Oh.. for a HTPC just go APU w/ cheap stuff. If you said that before in the thread I've missed it.
SSD of at least 128GB will probably be the single largest performance improvement you can get for those.. OS + commonly used apps on it.

I'm just looking for a decent motherboard that matches the APU. Some AMD A88X chipset motherboards need a BIOS update prior to using Kaveri CPUs.

I'd hate to discover that after driving 300 miles to my Dad's house to help him build his computer.

>all these children in here assuming PC = gaming.

MSI a68hm grenade, frys are getting rid of ll theirs

Kinguin

APU's are not different faggot.
They are designed to be more cost effective thats it.
fun fact cpu's have come with integrated graphics for years this is nothing new.

Actually do us favor and dont build a PC
Stick too consoles kiddo.

But consoles are APUs too...

>trips never lie
OP is a 14 yr old faggot that doesnt know shit about computers

I've literally provided you with evidence that using faster ram produces a significant frame rate benefit in APUs.

>don't use APUs cause they suck
>use consoles instead
lol, wut?

That will happen in literally any cpu intensive game.

>b-b-bbut
Wat is bus width and memory speed.

You don't game with APU's faggot.
You pair them with a card(like with anything).
Seriously fucking kill yourself.

u seem upset

Op here. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with gaming.

Intel>AMD
Quit being a peasant..

Just go with an itx sized mobo and an itx case if it's an htpc

>All that vape shit
Yeah i'll take your advice.

What do you want to use your pc for?
My mom uses an a4 7300 with ddr3 1600 for general web browsing and normie uses and it's been pretty fucking great so far

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007H29FRS/ref=dp_olp_used?tag=httpwwwtechsp-20&ie=UTF8&condition=used

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025

That GPU is a MONSTER for only being $110