Channel ORANGE vs Blonde

Which is better Sup Forums?

They're both shit. PBR&B heliumcore cornball ass niqqa.

Blonde

Blonde

Channel Orange. It's inconsistent but Blond bores me to tears

Nostalgia Ultra

only listened to it once

nostalgia, Ultra

It depends on what you're listening for. Blonde is an album that is much more in touch with the spiritual and emotional side of Frank, while CO is more about the storytelling and painting pictures of characters.

Channel Orange
>generic r&b pop hit

Blonde
>beautiful avant garde minimalist ambient soul with tasteful hip hop influences

hmmm...

I wouldn't call CO generic. IT's hard to find better lyricism on any other popular r&b imo.

How do people think blonde is boring? The production is deceptively dense, the whole album flows really well but at the same time the mood, tone and style of each track changes pretty dramatically

I agree with you, but it's generic in the sense that it didn't do anything that hasn't been done before, like Blonde did

Blonde.

I love Blonde, but I wouldn't describe it as avant garde.

The problem is not the album, but your attention span.

are you kidding me
each song paces so fucking slow and its not like frank is saying anything powerful

I listen to fucking luc ferrari reguaruly and thats considered boring to ppl
ended up liking endless better
slide on me is a really good song
but blond went from a 9/10 to a 5/10 for me in the last couple months

>The problem is not the album, but your attention span.

agreed.

>but blond went from a 9/10 to a 5/10 for me in the last couple months
lmao it's the other way around for me.

It's powerful if you've ever had feelings of unrequited love or anything of the like.

I don't know, but I know Pink + White is one of the best songs of the decade.

thats an subjective statement same with me calling it boring which is what this conversation is gonna boil down to anyway.

I think the same about Seigfried.

second that.

For me it's really hard to pick which even is my favorite track

For me, I would have to say it's Godspeed.

The real question is what is the worst track on Blonde? If we disregard the interludes I'd say Close to you

The worst? Probably Futura Free simply for the long outro. The song itself is a banger once it kicks in.

All of Futura Free is perfect imo. I love the first part where Frank talks to his mom about fame and money. The outro is beautiful, hearing the instrumental from the interludes again has a nice nostalgic feel. One of Frank's main themes is human relationships and I think the outro emphases that really well by simply letting us listen to humans interacting with each other.

I don't think you've actually heard Blonde