Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

Made a thread yesterday about my first rig, and after taking some advice, here's the result. Any feedback before I buy all the parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181088
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the 650W power supply necessary? It seems like you would be good with a 500W one. Also, I would put in an extra few bucks for a nice CPU cooler. Other than that, good build.

the 6500 comes with a stock cooler, so I figured that I wouldn't need to buy one myself. Is the stock cooler not reliable or what?

how is that 144hz monitor so cheap?

Stock coolers pale in comparison to good artic ones. Non stock ones will keep your cpu nice and frosty

I literally have no idea. I was initially going to go with an ASUS VG2 which is like $80 more expensive but I'm glad I found this one. Both monitors are really similar anyways

God damn
Shit's expensive

Stop being poor and at least drop $1500

Stock coolers are OK, but if you want to keep your CPU from overheating under heavy loads then you'll want to get a nice $30 cooler. I recommend pic related.

Asus MoBo or GTFO

This is non optional

$260 GPU isn't even included on here since its not stocked anywhere right now, but after taxes I'm spending around $1100, which I think is pretty good for a first build.

Any recommendations on a good one? Didn't really research coolers since I was planning on going with the stock one.

Adding to this, get some good thermal paste. Don't skimp on this

just do a Coolermaster evo 212 for a cooler

Is applying thermal paste hard for a first time builder? Seems kind of daunting

Nah, just gotta be careful to not over-apply

checkd

Dubs master here

Recommend an aftermarket cooler like a 212 evo

That or the cryorig h7. Up to you

3rd person to recommend that exact same cooler, now I have to buy it

Do it faggot

Gah you're new

its just cheep easy and works great. no down side to it if your keeping to stock clock speeds/light overclocking

Thermal paste is also easy to do just lots of tutorials also idk if the 212 comes with thermal paste but buy artic silver 5

applying thermal paste is easy doesnt even matter if you mess up, no technique will effect the temps either, search linus "tech tips thermal paste" they test different methods

144hz monitor for under $200 and not some knockoff Chinese brand? Is that real?

thats what all the poorfags use. its like corned beef, it gets the job done better than nothing but you're still a jew. water cooling ftw.

>water cooling
>first time builder

Smothering the CPU with tp will Fuck your cpu also known as the retard method

water cooling, over prices, over complicated and more risk to your system due to leaks.

get out of here

dude get the 1080 if you want to game at 1080, that gpu is not meant for 1080p

Buncha FUD. Shit works fine and VOILA now you can overclock like a man.

Dude put fans and radiator on case, put CPU connector on, custom water cooling loops is difficult a h100i or whatever isn't that hard

1080 is way out of my budget

You have autism, he probably won't get 144hz but he won't need that overkill on 1080p that's like a 1440p GPU and a waste because his CPU will bottleneck

He's building an $1100 1060 build, he doesn't need water cooling

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181088

Closed system. Screw on and forget.

30$ extra maybe not but it would allow overclocking

why do you think they called it 1080?

OP here, not planning on overclocking if my CPU didn't make that clear.

Because they do that. It is better than a titan x that runs 4k also 980 970 960 950 750 They just add a hundred or so

Bullshit, not even compicated. Expensive yes. Not even that silent, but leaks? Fuck off. Built 5 pcs with water cooling and none of my systems have never had a problem with leaking. Use the right parts and fittings dumbass.

Yea maybe now but in the future you might want to