Where is hip hop headed to?

>less concious rappers like kwali or common
>most successful rapper is drake
>more trappers like thugger,lil yachty etc
>more vibe related/abstract lyrics
>kanye gets less relevant day by day
>cudi in rehab,he ll never be as good as he was
>lupe will be killed by the jews

will there only be trap in 2 years from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cAT7RKDc59A
youtube.com/watch?v=BX9N-2Aw_MI
koolad.bandcamp.com/album/paradiza-infiniti
youtube.com/watch?v=e-Zcz9J1UOs
youtube.com/watch?v=kMRFwJaxkwY
youtube.com/watch?v=EC4ygoCUk_A
youtube.com/watch?v=DVs6rV3PHFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I assume this cover is a reference to purple drank. I also assume that's what the opening sample is.

Conscious rappers are cringe
"Hurt durr what would Allah think of y'all niggas"

>self-depricating, likeable guy
>not some degenerated macho nigger, just some shy kid who got bullied but now enjoys his life
>lyrics are about positivity
>creative vocal melodies and creative beats
>unique, funny sense of fashion
>beautiful cover art
>goofy but amazing music videos
>doesn't do drugs
Is he the future of rap, Sup Forums? I sure hope so.

Hip-hop is dead and it's not coming back.

what will replace it then?It's rnb or nothing imo

>Multiple instruments
>Incorporation of some harsh vocals for texture.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAT7RKDc59A

this

Probably this Miami sound with distorted 808 bass and shouted lyrics like xxxtentacion.

raptimism was a mistake

Hopefully it'll fucking die soon

youtube.com/watch?v=BX9N-2Aw_MI

"whatevers happening is happening"

my guess is the next visionary artist will be able to mix the fun of young thug, the sampling and instrumental artistry of kanye, and the lyrics of kendrick.

i mean someone out there is bound to do it. chance may come close one day, he's young as fuck

y that fag wear a fuckin dress n shit man? he a fag?

hey no one know who the fuck that is moron what are we fuckin detectives or some shit

The future is bright in the sense that rap/r&b is currently dominating the streaming charts. Aditionally, there is a ton of fresh up and coming talent right now, ranging from full blown ignorant shit like Famous Dex to guys like Chance. Furthermore, mainstream radio rap has a great year, with guys like Drake and Cole putting up superb numbers.

Yes he is "fag" (homosexual) as you would say which is why he chose to dorn the female attire.

No diespect to him or the LGBQT Community but if you booted YG up the ass a hundred cocks would probably fall out!

>chance may come close one day
I agree with everything you said until this. No possible way it could be Chance. His production style is all retro and very passe.

Not only does no one know who he is talking about.

NO ONE CARES.

lol please explain how his production is "all retro and passe" you fags throw around buzzwords trying to look like you know what you're talking about when your a clueless fool

hahahahahhahaha

thats me laughing at you boy

He's a cheese ball, Cracker Joe.

>finally start getting into hip-hop through the old-school stuff
>hip-hop starts getting weird and full of hipster shit
>back to being lost on the appeal

Yeah I couldn't really give a shit, the whole genre is falling into the same trap as heavy metal--except where metal got lost in their efforts to be the "hardest", hip-hop is polluted with people trying to out-weird the last guy.

bruh half his lyrics are about pussy and cum

you realize you don't have to like any of the weird guys, but liking none of them just makes you look short-sighted and overly conservative

Being afraid of coming across overly conservative makes you look like an insufferable MLP faggot.

this
>MY THIRD EYE SPIRITUAL PENETRATES Y'ALL PHONY MCEES PRAISE ALLAH THE MOST HIGH THEY CAN NEVER KEEP A BROTHER DOWN

No I just don't care to try, is all. Same thing happened with me and heavy metal--I grew up loving rock and thrash, I was cool with all the post-grunge and metalcore in the 2000's, but after that the genre just stagnated for me.
And now I'm finding the same thing when trying to get into hip-hop, I just can't force myself to really care about anything new.

y yg wear a fuckin dress then he wanna be a girl and please his mommy n shit?

sounds pretty gay to me

Jeffrey is mixtape of the year let's be real

kool ad is the best rapper and just came out with another CLASSIC

koolad.bandcamp.com/album/paradiza-infiniti

i clearly said he doesn't have to and never implied he was scared to. just said it's what it looks like. i don't know him enough to know if he actually is, but i bet he is.

whats the whole difference between a mixtape and an album for rappers? a mixtape is free?

and why does yg like to wear ladies dresses?

the new sound of hiphop will be defined by the next Gorillaz album, cap this post

Cupcakke will unironically save RAP music.

youtube.com/watch?v=e-Zcz9J1UOs

>more trap
>Kanye gets less relevant

but literally every trap artist from now until ever is influenced by 808s desu

"came out"

another one!? does he like to wear girls clothes like yg does too?

yg is a different rapper, you're talking about young thug. unless i'm getting memed

mixtapes don't have relatively few commercial ties so there's no need for expensive lawyers and promotion. mixtapes themselves are often used promotionally as advertisements instead, or are lazy tidbits to keep fans' attention in this short-attentionspan world

>mix the fun of young thug, the sampling and instrumental artistry of kanye, and the lyrics of kendrick.
I don't know much about how fun young thug is but sounds to me like you're describing 08-10 Charles Hamilton
youtube.com/watch?v=kMRFwJaxkwY

>will there only be trap in 2 years from now?
Lol. Trap is trendy now, it won't be cool in two years

Hip hop will get bigger and a little more varied, then it will stop being the major mainstream genre in five years or so. Like everything else in pop history, trap and Drake-core will be looked back at as very of its time. Associated with the social media outbreak especially

There is not much more to be done with it sonically and normies have short attention spans

Juke is the future of hip hop

youtube.com/watch?v=EC4ygoCUk_A

Gangsta rap has always been much more conscious, or real, whatever word you want to use. Actual conscious hip hop is pure fantasy

The only people who are trying to "out weird" anybody are white lmao, the only garbage hip hop right now is stuff like Bones and Suicideboys who are literally just edgy for the sake of it. Good god is that shit bad

>black dude wearing Asian female attire
This is cultural appropriation.
>gangsta rap
>real
>any kind of rap
>real
KEK. You're a sheltered white cuck, aren't you? Nobody actually lives the way gangsta rappers want you to believe they do.

>actual conscious hip hop is pure fantasy

what is Gorgeous

na nigga shit's raw

I mean that's Ab-Soul third eye babylon babble on-tier conscious rap, which is pretty cringy. Kendrick or Vince aren't like that though

>sheltered
no

>white
no

>cuck
not that I'm aware

It's a fact that gang crime exists, and is rather serious. If you head on back to Sup Forums where you got the cuck meme from they'll tell you the same thing

no homo!!!!!! we smoking penises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Sup Forums purposefully retarded when it comes to rap? Like every other genre gets meaningful discussion here, but rap threads are just full of people who seemingly never listen to rap.

>Like every other genre gets meaningful discussion here
not true, btw

why does rapper op wear a dres then?

WHY HE WEAR A DRESS MAN WTF!?

it's just like one of his japanese animes

depends on outcomes of donald trump's presidency

op here,dress guy is young thug.
He has said in an interview that he is not gay but he likes to dress in womens clothes sometimes cause they are more fabulous and he feels more like a star and shit like that.
He is not the only rapper who is dressed in female clothes,I ve seen kanye and lil wayne with some women clothes as well

Yeah, a mixtape is free. Originally they were for promotional purposes rather than a product that you're selling. But it's a lot more loose now.

Thugger has really progressive views on gender but he vehemently denies being gay. He wears dresses because he likes them

hey are you a real nigga?
is this a good song
youtube.com/watch?v=DVs6rV3PHFw

>Not knowing Lil yachty in 2016

Top 10 anime outfits