youtube.com/watch?v=xJo9k-Y0Hzc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

worst kind of jazz t b h

I politely disagree t b h

Sonny Sharrock - Black Woman
The Pyramids - King of Kongs
Don Cherry - Eternal Rhythm
Archie Shepp - The Magic of Ju-Ju

p l e b, to be quit honest my family member.

god bless

Alice Coltrane is the best of the genre I've found so far

any particular albums you'd recommend?

Reminder that Spiritual Jazz is a codeword for Rockist Jazz

Hard bop>spiritual jazz>free jazz>fusion>everything else

>Ptah, the El Daoud
>Journey in Satchidananda
>Universal Consciousness

all fantastic

in what sense?

That would be jazz fusion

Is Eric Dolphy hard bop or free jazz. What is free jazz and how does it differ from hard bop?

Nah, it's a noise fan hipster form of jazz, the rockist dadrockers like the shitty Return to Forever crap.

You can be both.

google it

Eric Dolphy recorded a huge amount of music. Some of it can be classified as cool jazz, third stream, hard bop, Latin jazz, post-bop and free jazz.

Alice is the best at being avant garde but still easy on the ears. I really like her later New Age albums also.

good comp with Pharoah, Archie Shepp, etc.

spiritual jazz is basically just third-stream with hippie/afrocentric themes (not trying to be racist though)

Lonnie Liston Smith worked with Pharoah Sanders on his best albums. His 1st solo LP is amazing imho.
youtu.be/vbn9Y3aY4jc

He later included more Funk & Fusion influences.

rec me some of her New Age records?

Turiya Sings and Divine Songs are both really incredible 80's New Age. Very atmospheric and minimal.

youtu.be/kjeOIwPghkg?list=PLy5889iHQOsjOYoylbC7tXNI4uk4j0LXt

seconding these picks! they're all incredible!

All these, plus World Galaxy and Eternity. imo her single greatest track is "Galaxy In Turiya":

youtube.com/watch?v=xJo9k-Y0Hzc

just listen to all of coltranes stuff post 65, expressions, live in japan, interstellar space, stellar regions, meditations, ya know look the rest up but its all good and very spiritual. david s ware go see the world and live in the world. charles gayle repent.

Just enjoy the music and quit concerning yourselves with whatever gay image you've got in mind