BU BU BU BU BU BU WB WAS HAPPY RIGHT GUYS?!?!?

BU BU BU BU BU BU WB WAS HAPPY RIGHT GUYS?!?!?

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174

The muted reception of BvS, from a box office and critical point of view, is the flashpoint for the changes. The studio had high hopes for the movie, which pitted its top heroes against each other. The door was opened for director Zack Snyder to be involved in shaping the look and content of the entire DC line, which is scheduled through 2020. But critics and fans ripped into the first movie and especially Snyder for perceived missteps including its heroes' unheroic behavior and the dark tone. BvS, which cost at least $300 million to make, has grossed under $870 million worldwide since its March 25 release.

In stark contrast, Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War is heading towards $1 billion in less than two weeks of release. The movie too pitted heroes against each other but Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes) are clearly resonating with audiences.

So Warners is attempting a course correction.

>Geoff Johns is now their Feige

I don't have a great feeling about this

Civil War actually tackled interesting concepts.

BvS was Highschool Theology: The Film.

Suicide Squad is going to be 100 minutes of quips.

>Despite the supergeeks’ arguing either against working for the restrictive capitalist government or for their own sense of doing right and correcting injustice, the fact is, nothing here has gravitas. Civil War is politics as adolescents misperceive social/global crisis.

>This has been going on for so long (ever since Hollywood realized the bounty to be had in cajoling comic-book culture’s ready audience; since, say, the 1978 Superman film, then 1989’s Batman) that, by now, the brainwashing is complete. The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance.

I thought it was because they tried to give it the tone of Nolan's Batman trilogy.

of course they aren't: hollywood jews couldn't care less about ART, and money is never enough

Wow, the capeshit bubble sure was short lived

Turns out only Marvel will make it work

lmao
ITT; people don't read the actual article

Daily Reminder: This abortion of a movie was still better than Civil War.

>Civil War actually tackled interesting concepts.
You mean like "He my friend I get to break law now"? Oh yeah, and btw he kiled your parents and I covered for him. Civil War was boring bullshit.

>let's not get rid of the real problem (Zack Snyder)
>we'll just reorganize our company instead
Why is DC/WB full of idiots?

Jews are bulletproof.

>Comics writer-turned-exec Johns, meanwhile, masterminded the ascension of shows such as Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl and is the writer behind DC's upcoming Rebirth, the publishing side's reboot of its titles that will play out over the summer months. He is not leaving DC, according to sources, but adding film to his portfolio.

REPLACE MOVIE FLASHO WITH TV FLASHO!!

> The movie too pitted heroes against each other but Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes) are clearly resonating with audiences.
>while tackling more serious themes

is this article satire?

>interesting concepts.

What interesting concepts? Tony was a fucking dickhead from the start of the film till to the end. We saved the entire planet but a handful of people died

>WE ARE AS BAD AS THE VILLAINS

She stopped a bomb going off in a crowded mareketplace but some people in the upper floor of a building was killed?

>SHE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE

He killed my parents while brainwashed and had absolutely no ability to stop it?

>YOU FUCKING MONSTER I'LL KILL YOU

Been a while since I've seen a YTMND-tier loop like that.

WHERE IS EVANS POSTER?!? WE WON BRO!!

DCucks ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Johns is a bigger hack than Snyder

>inb4 cereal king

Geoff Johns about to save DC again.

>implying
Forever Evil was great.

Doesn't make BvS less worse

WHERE THE FUCK IS BRUCE TIMM?!

Like what?

DC BTFO
>b-but muh kino

THANK YOU BASED JOHN

Yeah, and the DCEU is made of Earth 3 characters
It all fits

News that they're kicking Snyder from JL when?
First Affleck as a producer and now this, it's so close...

>Tony and Cap both present great points, thus making the viewer consider all options, think about what is the best thing to do with the accords

>viewers are forced to resent Cap for harboring a criminal throughout time, yet they sympathize with Bucky because it literally isn't his fault

>the viewers are introduced to Helmut Zemo, a mysterious entity and no one fully understands his plan, his doings until further into the film

meanwhile BvS... Batman hates Superman because he actually has powers and he saved the world. Lex hates Supes because he hates god like an autistic sperg (alot like most here). Lex makes them fight because.. ????. and everything stops because Martha.

THANK YOU BASED JOHNS

They're really blowing this "fallout" out of proportion if you read the actual article.

Anyway, just another thread where manchildren bait other manchildren.

DC. Damage Control

Moving around executives means they pushed out other people from the job

They aren't going to let it all sound like shit in these exclusives because that would hurt them you dumb fuck

>But critics and fans ripped into the first movie and especially Snyder for perceived missteps including its heroes' unheroic behavior and the dark tone
Fucking normies
This is why we can't have nice things

He ruined the comics, now he's further ruining the movies.

>BvS, which cost at least $300 million to make

AT LEAST!! AND THAT'S NOT WITH MARKETING!!

>Suicide Squad recently went under major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues. Sources say that it was Suicide Squad that escalated Johns’ involvement in DC movies and that he is involved in the film’s post-production.

>MAJOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY

>250 million dollar budget according to people that worked on it

THIS MEANS SUICIDE SQUAD HAS TO MATCH BATMAN AND SUPERMAN!!

>Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will run "DC FILMS" to steer WB in the right direction

marvelcucks on suicide squad

>Tony and Cap both present great points, thus making the viewer consider all options, think about what is the best thing to do with the accords
Funny thing is, the avengers SHOULD actually be blamed for what happened in Sakovia *cough* created ultron *cough*
>viewers are forced to resent Cap for harboring a criminal throughout time, yet they sympathize with Bucky because it literally isn't his fault
Its called Irony, no one hated Cap for believing Bucky, not to mention the 'deep' concepts devolve to personal vendetta.
>the viewers are introduced to Helmut Zemo, a mysterious entity and no one fully understands his plan, his doings until further into the film
The good part about this movie was the juxtaposition between this guy and Panther and the whole revenge theme...but it really isn't a deep concept senpai...muh revenge.

>meanwhile BvS... Batman hates Superman because he actually has powers and he saved the world. Lex hates Supes because he hates god like an autistic sperg (alot like most here). Lex makes them fight because.. ????. and everything stops because Martha.
I realize now all I've typed was useless because your a die hard Marvel fan hellbent on hating BvS
>muh martha
kek please

there's a batman rape scene in the movie? seriously?

Suicide Squad will flop.

Everyone knows Marvel is shitty anime tier kinos for manchildren. DC films are real art.

>Marvelets still trying to recover from the BvS kino experience
>Scraping the bottom of the barrel to create company war threads

tell me something new

Fuck no.

I swear to God, if the idiocy of the general public reduces WB to producing vacuous tripe like Disney, I'm fucking done with both companies.

I think they will reshoot Wonder Woman
As a matter of fact, they still haven't confirmed who the writer is.

why the fuck are all dc bitches fridges?!?!?

>vacuous tripe like Disney
TOO LATE

They'll never understand that it's about the movies.
They can change all their executives, producers, and directors, for all I care, as long as the movies are good.

So far they're 2/2 on the quality department.
Marvel, on the other hand...

because we'd rather hire actors that can act instead of eye candy

huehuehuehue

If they had any sense, they'd make it a shared universe but keep all the fucking characters separate. You can have dark brooding Batman in one film while having Superman in another movie without him being the Man of Murder.

Also I hope their idea isn't to just make the movies more colourful and friendlier, you could make BvS like a Marvel movie and it'd still be fucking shit.

Well to be fair, that's Sony.

Fucking idiots.

>"not muh Superman"
>"not muh Batman"
>"not muh Lex"

If they started out as "muh

2/2 failures, way to go

Marvel, on the other hand, has not had a single failure in the MCU

Meme at that, loser

creativity is dead

>People actually believe this

So this was a company war bait thread, got it.
I'm out of here.

I'm with you, bro.

Except that was a extremely good thing you fucking piece of god damn shit.

>Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes)
>more serious themes

fucking

where

?

You know, it's pretty easy to reduce almost any movie to a single-sentence summary with a derisive tone in an attempt to make it seem like it's terrible.

Just saying.

>Superheroes should not be escapism fiction! They are not for children, dad!

>BvS stink will bring Affleck and Cavill closer together as they bring their friendship to the big screen

Truly, they are Batman and Superman: The World's Finest

I figured they'd wait until after the BvS DC came out to see if they really wanted to make any changes.

REKT

it's funny that you think one turd smells more like shit than the other

she can literally barely speak english.

tale of tales was boring. Literally only the first 10 minutes are worth watching

>critics and fans ripped into the first movie and especially Snyder for perceived missteps including its heroes' unheroic behavior and the dark tone
this is why we can't have nice things
everything has to be an unrelenting quipfest for 2 hours

If only it brought their asses closer to muh dick.

>In stark contrast, Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War is heading towards $1 billion in less than two weeks of release. The movie too pitted heroes against each other but Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes) are clearly resonating with audiences

Just like Nolan's movies were, amirite?

>ALL SUPERHERO FLICKS SHOULD BE TOTAL ESCAPISM!!! STOP TRYING TO HAVE A MESSAGE!!!

>Literal AIDS infected faggot that got blown the fuck out by Norm MacDonald and is a laughing stock in his own industry

Yeah, that actually makes sense he would like BvS.

seealso stop samefagging

>Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman)

Right, and the message should be "no one stays good in this world"

Nothing should ever set its bar so low that mindless escapism is all it's seeking to provide. For those who disagree, thankfully they have Disney to turn to for their multiple yearly doses of "very special episodes."

I've seen paper with more depth.

Why bother with these threads? making fun of DCpals is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Except that wasn't the message. Both Clark and Bruce were proven wrong about themselves and each other.

>We saved the entire planet but a handful of people died
That's Cap point in the entire movie.
>The good part about this movie was the juxtaposition between this guy and Panther and the whole revenge theme...but it really isn't a deep concept senpai...muh revenge.
He is a foil to Tony and Cap povs. He proved that total oversight doesn't fix things at all and that letting people do what they want is worse.

That would have some manner of gravitas if their motivations were even remotely consistent.

I still can't get over the absolute ridiculousness of this movie.

Did Sony really not realise Raimi was taking the piss at this point?

Yes, it's true. This man has no dick!

What did Norm say to BEE?

THANK YOU BASED JOHNS

He's right.

>le emotional film with symbolism
The problem is that they killed Superman in the second movie he appeared. No one got to sympathize or relate with him, entire thing was literally a Batman movie. They wasted the senate scene on Bay tier explosion instead of digging deeper on Supes philosophy.
He died...
And no one cared.

And just how were they inconsistent?

Hell yeah motherfucker, Spider-Man vs Star Lord dance-off when?

It's a joke because Snyder said back when he was making Watchmen that if he did a ''mature'' Batman film he would make him get raped in prison.

Marvelfags are delusional if they think their pop corn flick had any deep themes.

If this becomes another quipfest universe I'm out

Go grab a fire extinguisher before the DCEU collapses from the flames, DCuck.

>"He my friend I get to break law now"

Bucky was brainwashed into doing those things. And people were trying to kill him. He can clearly claim insanity and self-defence.

Because marvelfags wrote that article?