Clinical psychologist here with 4years experience treating and diagnosing a wide spectrum of mental disorders...

Clinical psychologist here with 4years experience treating and diagnosing a wide spectrum of mental disorders. If you feel like you'd need to see a psychologist about anything, nows your chance

Self bumping because your mental health is important Sup Forums

You can't self bump on Sup Forums.

Thanks for doing this op, maybe this could get rid of some of those suicide threads. Clinical psychologist and oncologist.

What motivation do you have to live, OP. I don't see the point. I plan to kill myself this weekend.

I'm fairly certain what my problem is but I'm scared that if I go to a shrink I'll be wrong and I will just be a weak fag

I just did. And how does that make you feel user?

You're not weak for getting help from someone who may be able to pin down your real problems. We're trained to help you but we need backstory and a little history to get a good diagnosis.

It doesn't work. Try it again at some point.

My motivation is that there are upswings that facilitate life's downswings and that I know from experience if I work hard I will be compensated.

I don't understand how they can help

I'm learning now user I apologize for my snappiness

Why do I keep thinking about existential bullshit

Is being apologetic bad and how can I stop being so insecure

Hey I think of existential bullshit too. It's hard not to. I don't understand how existentialism causes you distress, but can you elaborate on that specifically?

Why do I lie about myself to everyone? Give fake names, lie about where I grew up... Why can't I stop. What the fuck is wrong with me?

How do I stop being so lazy?

Hey me too. I worry about ice melting and oil peaking.

I think if you feel like you need to see a psychologist then you probably do.

I tell every insecure patient the same thing. Confidence is a commitment, and you have to start by "lying" to yourself. I used to think I was ugly, and I overcame that and truthfully believe myself to be a very attractive man. Tell yourself everyday you get more attractive. That you are a great person that people enjoy. Remind yourself of the good things. Learn from your mistakes but get over them and don't regret anything.

How do I combat Narcissism? I find I talk down to people too often.

How to treat social anxierty disorder with out any anxiolytics?

Been to yhe shrink twice. 3rd time tomorrow. Its not helping and my shrink is a faggot.

Have crippling depression for no reason. Used to be happy. Used to enjoy life.

All i want to do is ball up and cry 24/7.

Should i even bother going tonight?

It's a long drive and ive givien up on trying to better my life and quit drinking. Fucking sad, angry, and depressed 24/7.

Just trying to muddle through life until i die, hopefully oretty fucking soon...

Wtf should i do?

Here's a question:
If pedophilia is considered a mental illness, and the mentally ill are often exonerated from crimes and instead remanded to psychiatric hospitals.. Why are there no pre-offence treatment programs available, and why are the punishments so harsh for someone suffering a mental illness?

You have a characteristic symptom of many personality disorders (but probably not any specific personality disorder, however you are at a higher risk of being comorbid for multiple disorders, I don't exactly know your whole spectrum of symptoms)

But you're a pathological liar, and lack a normal ability to empathize

I find narcissistic patients often lack the ability to LISTEN. They often are in their own head during conversations just waiting to get their word out but not listening to others points. Try listening better.

For the past 10 years I've been wondering if I'm autistic. I scored 28 on some autism test on some website. wat do

We call it CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). You would go to my office and we would do a session or multiple sessions a week, and I also give the patient homework to do throughout the entire week that helps them with their specific disorder (CBT works for a lot of disorders, most actually, and is much more effective than pills. STAY AWAY FROM THE PSYCHIATRIST!!!)

Anyway in your case I'd have you so speech exercises / go to events and force you to meet people.

I wanted to be a clinical psychologist when I was a kid, is it worth it to become one. It takes a long time to study and become a real respected one. Also is your job fun?

Mental illnesses are very broad. Consider that an addiction to nail biting, or a fetish to feet, are actually classified as mental disorders.

Some severe disorders might exonerate a crime. PTSD, Schizophenia, ect

I love my job but I went into the field because I love coaching people to their greatest mind. It's not good pay I feel I deserve more money.

Kys

you may be a clinical psychologist but you certainly didn't take any intro to statistics

27 year old male living in new city working a lot. in long distance relationship really want to make it work. having hard time dealing with long intervals of time without girlfriend, what do?

There's a support group for that. It's called "everybody" and they meet at the bar.

wank

honestly that makes me feel more empty. any other suggestions?

Can't. Best friend did a couple of months ago and it ruined all of our lives. Thanks for the positive outlook though. ...faggot.

Bipolar II diagnoses. Never had trouble dating, but I think I'm ugly when nobody else thinks that I am, well half the time I'm like that. I also have obsessive racing thoughts regarding partners I'm with. Whether good or bad thoughts. What's a good coping mechanism or exercise to alleviate racing thoughts, and more importantly obsessions.

Get drunk and spend too much money and piss off wife every single time. Counterproductive.

I keep hooking up with women on the right.

Don't get me wrong they start out looking like the left and then once they are comfortable BOOM!

Obsessions are tough. It takes a lot of will to overcome a true obsession and you have to train your brain to treat the once obsessed thing as total taboo essentially. Just stop thinking about it. With racing thoughts as well, you can just stop thinking about those. Concentrate on something else, force yourself to. It starts hard then gets better with practice. The next thing you know you stop obsessing but it takes time. Sometimes years

I can't feel any positive emotion unless I'm really fucked up. When I was younger I had small bursts of happiness where I felt like a normal person and maybe everything was going to be okay, but now even those have stopped. No matter how good things are, all I can feel is emptyness and anger

I'll add that the only reason I haven't killed myself is a combination of fear of hell and I care about my family and don't want them to suffer

Meditation could help calm his mind and control his thoughts

Only reason im still here man. Suicide will fuck up a person in the worst way. I almost drsnk myself to death a few months ago. U can live ove 3 days without water if u chug vodka nonstop and dont sleep...

Typical outcome of substance abuse disorder. The only cure is abstaining from drugs. I'd never admit this to a client, as it'd be unprofessional, but I've overcome my own substance abuse problems through a 12 step program (you don't have to believe in anyone's god but your own) and I know what you're going through. I know the feeling of, "I need to get drunk/high right now". You have to change your behaviors (drugs) to change your outlook on life.

Yeah It just seems fucked up to put that heaviness in the hearts of my entire family to relieve myself of pain

Aspiring psych major. What are the highlights as well as negatives associated with such a job, please explain in a bit more detail.

It's something I recommend for not only my patients but healthy individuals as well. Everyone should meditate at least 20 mins a day

i often have fantasies about having sex with my step sister i masturbate to her often have hid in her closet to watch her get dressed and have tried and almost suceeded on multiple occasions of manipiulating her into having sex with me whats wrong with my brain

My friend took mdma for the first time last Saturday. He didn't sleep for 3 days afterwards and was checked into a hospital from having a physcotic breakdown. He kept babbling and talking to himself for a while, picked up smoking ciggs overnight which he's never done, and had difficulty expressing his thoughts to me. He had a good time when rollin and kept his water up and everything thats supposed to help him have the best of it but seemed out of it afterwards. I'm hoping he just needs rest and will be back to normal I'm worried about him.

Before I started doing drugs I was just as bad, I remember long walls home from elementary school contemplating suicide every day and not understanding why. I'll try to quit tho my problem is mostly smoking pot so it should be easy