How do you deal with disencouragement? At this rate it's going to take me like 3 years to be a decent jazz pianist...

How do you deal with disencouragement? At this rate it's going to take me like 3 years to be a decent jazz pianist. And I have already been playing music for a decade.

How do you deal with little to no talent?

fap to titties

Passion keeps the fire going

But it's taking toooooo long user..

>jazz pianist
Just give up, you were already born in le wrong generation.

What? Jazz is still alive today man. Heck even classical is still alive.

I believe in you, user. If there is nothing in this world but what we make of it, then let us make good music. You won't be happy doing anything else.

For real. There's a lot of use for a good jazz pianist even just in jazz influenced genres like hip hop or some genres of electronic music. Just keep playing user. Most people quit before they peak, don't be one of them.

>How do you deal with little to no talent?

Practice

pick out some smaller goals along the way and find some appreciation in accomplishing those goals.

So you're in a rush to be a great jazz musician, to make ones of thousands of dollars a year off of your tireless craft, to climb the ranks of the elite modern jazz musicians who remain in near perfect obscurity while selling hundreds upon hundreds of albums, and playing for tens of people each night to pay their rent in their miserable studio apartments?

>fame is the goal of art

Less discourage more practice. And keep your mind healthy and sharp. Can't make those piano gains if you eat, live, sleep, and feel like shit

I won't quit, no matter what. It's just I'm not particularly talented and sometimes its discouraging to not get concepts as quickly as others I guess..

"Talent" doesn't exist, there are people who practice hard and then there are people who don't. No one is a natural at anything they pick up, some people tend to learn/get a grip quicker than others but if you put in the practice you will get there eventually.

Talent is some bullshit term that people throw around a lot but everyone starts from square one, manage the time you get to practice and make the most of it. You may not pick up things as quick as others at times but that's ok user, we're all different.

You sound jaded, must suck to be you.

Don't commit suicide man, play some boogie woogie and enjoy yourself

Thats hank fucking williams not johnny cash

>not ass

That.. that helps man. Yeah talent doesn't exist. Only people who practice 8 hours a day.

Practising two hours and day is adequate.

Miles Davis got half decent as a trumpet players about 11 years into playing the trumpet, and he's had strict formal music training since the very beginning. For him to get REALLY good and be able to do improvisation at the level often required of modern jazz guys he was into his 30s. Dude used to be shat on early in his career by his peers and experts/critics. Jazz takes a lot of patience and practice to get good with. You just gotta keep trying.

It's not enough for me man.. 2 hours isn't even enough to cover the theoretical part of jazz, and that's just the reading, application comes after with and all the 'messing' around with voicing takes even longer. And finally there's technical skills and.. arghh

Maybe play with someone who you aren't afraid to mess up around?

lol, pls get educated!
I hate it when ppl claimed that there is no such thing as talent, if that's the case then everyone can be fucking John Coltrane if they practice enough.

Some people are born talented, we just don't know why. Have you heard of the child prodigy? These kids are literally born talented without learning shit.

Who the fuck taught Mozart to compose music at the age of 4?

I learn to play the guitar and the piano by myself and I know not everyone can do it, no matter how much they try.

But talents need to be accompanied by practice, otherwise, it'll rust.

So please don't tell me talents don't exist until u paly like Mozart and be a genius like Einstein with enough "practice"

I think he was more getting at that MOST people aren't born gifted and even if you struggle with your art more than others that should be a reason to quit.

Shouldn't* lol

Well atleast you have something going for you. Have derealization 24/7. No longer feel emotion. Lately I been thinking that no on will miss me if I took my own life.

Yeah I do play with a jazz band but er.. I'm more concerned with playing solo piano at the moment.

>Who the fuck taught Mozart to compose music at the age of 4?
His father.
>if that's the case then everyone can be fucking John Coltrane if they practice enough.
John Coltrane wasn't anyone until he practiced and became what we know now.

Charlie Parker got laughed off stage and practiced like mad afterwards

Any schmuck can make it if they're willing to go nose-to-the-desk ball busting for twenty hours a day.

Are you Beta Ray Bill, user?

>"Talent" doesn't exist

this is such bullshit

obviously someone with talent who doesn't practice won't be good but why do you think the best musicians stand out in comparison to those who are good and worked just as hard?

because they have the natural ability to excel at certain things IF they put the effort in. if that wasn't true the word "talent" wouldn't have ever existed.

This

Yeah talent is good and all, but I guess the most important is a person's limit. You could be exceedingly be fast at learning a instrument, but if you have very low skill ceiling peak, it's essentially useless.

Learning a craft should always be about being introspective, what do I know right now? What more can I know? How do I achieve those goals?

Don't be content with just strumming a bunch of chords, basically.