SUICIDE SQUAD MAJOR RESHOOTS

What went wrong?

>And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. The pic’s trailers have generated massive positive interest in the all-star actioner that features DC villains, and the studio wants to make sure audiences’ expectations are not only met but exceeded.

>Suicide Squad recently went under major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkAe6pg0UJo
youtube.com/watch?v=yaR__kswLrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how come it seems so hard for these studios to make these dumb mass-appeal movies any good

>What went wrong
David Ayer is a shit director and the entire cast is B-list nobodies with the possible exception of Will Smith, who is obviously desperate for a hit.

It's going to bomb because nobody fucking cares. You can make a good trailer for anything, but DC is tainted now and it smells like Snyder & Affleck

This is gonna be such a clusterfuck. I'm so ready.

>a shit director
He's the only good filmmaker working in capeshit

>the only good director
He's a screenwriter who made the same movie four times, then finally set it in WWII and made a decent movie with "Fury."

He has no idea what the fuck he's doing. Directors jump on superhero movies because they think it will help their careers, but that's only true if it's a Marvel movie or your name is Christopher Nolan.

It's another "OP posts shit and doesn't source it yet everyone believes him" thread

i hope they show the original scenes as bonus features on the blu-ray

it looks way more interesting than the generic shitty Avengers and BvS shitty shit movies recently. i think it'll do better than BvS at least, more people eager to see it based on the trailer and it has Joker and Harley Quinn in it.

Poisoning the well: the thread.

Hope you're getting paid, at least, OP.

This.

Studios gonna panic and promote the shit out of it, all the fansites are gonna be SHOCKED when it sucks, as if a great script or director could attract a cast so shit.

Oh come on can't you just have some faith in your product.

This just screams desperate clambering to compete with Marvel. The paranoia will be its downfall.

>I thought it was good until I saw a Sup Forums post about

LITERALLY WHEN HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED

To 90% of tourists on this board

>implying anyone is being paid for posting opinions on an image board about feces, capeshit and Chinese cartoons

Hey, all I know is that someone around here seems to have a vested interest in shitting on "cape" movies not made by a very specific company.

Make of that what you will.

>entire cast b list no bodies
>jared leto
>margot robbie
>affleck

le memes ladies and gentlemans

end of watch was a great movie famalam

Try making a product that appeals to everyone. Neckbeards to normies, teens to 40+ year Olds, men and women. It's actuallyppretty hard to get it right.

Yeah, because just look at all these threads shitting on MCU movies months before they've even hit the screen.

I can barely keep a primitive-living youtube channel thread from archiving because of all those irate "DCucks" shitting up the board with totally biased, totally unsubstantiated shit threads.

I mean, it's unbelievable how bad it is.

>this nerd from a cambogdian knitting forum thinks people know or care who Harley Quinn is
user, Sup Forums

>What went wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=pkAe6pg0UJo

someone have the picture of the logo getting progressively more colourful and cartoony?

Apparently the major reshoots were to up the action of the finale.

Which is stupid, because everyone is fucking sick of mindless action outside of Marvel films.

They probably just upped the amount of Harley.

This is as wrong as the Deadpool and Guardians predictions.

>that could change the perception of its DC line
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OP, you do realize that Civil War also went through reshoots?

The reshoots were just to add some final touches

they don't have marvel's magic touch

Try being me;

>Actual film fan
>Not a faggot Sup Forums or Sup Forums crossposter

>Have to deal with threads with supposed adults talking about the merits of Marvel Civil War - A pile of shit that is slightly above Power Rangers tier.

>Have half the other threads full of people ironically (I assume) praising the latest gargantuan mess of a film from Sndyer

What about ME.

Harley Quinn is one of the highest selling comics retard.

The difference here is that they are doing reshoots to add funny scenes to what would have been an edgy flick. Don't worry though. It'll join Ghostbusters with it's massive re-edits as it is coming closer to it's theatrical release. The musical was dropped from the movie so it might be good.

Fury sucks though. Pitts character is almost entirely motivated by his need to keep his crew alive through the war. in the last act for no reason at all he decides to go on a suicide mission that will accomplish nothing. LOL.

Marvel had a simple formula.

All D.C. had to do was copy it. Not be Le Edgy And Dark - Just make simple, dumb films for a good cost based on their superhero lines, except for maybe the prestige Batman line. Be patient and follow the exact same formula as Marvel.

They did the exact opposite, panicked and threw everything at the wall in a giant fit of WE MUST CATCH UP OR DIE!

>The difference here is that they are doing reshoots to add funny scenes
Except that's not why the reshoots were done. It was already explained why the reshoots were done, comedy wasn't one of them.

Hell, the 2nd Suicide Squad trailer had a shit ton of jokes, and that came after the supposed rumors that the reshoots were for comedy.

>massive re-edits
They did some reshoots, how is that massive re-edits?

You don't belong on this board. It's our board now.

Because people with actual artistic talent are ignored or couldn't make it into the business.

You have my complete sympathy.

That's why I advocate cinematic universe/show - general threads.

Lots of movies undergo reshoots (MCU included). It's more common an you think, only this one seems to be getting more publicity for the unrelated failures of BvS. But yeah sure, let's all bury the movie before it's even out.

This. Civil War got reshoots too.

*common than

Yeah, I remember all those threads shitting all over it, saying how it was going to be a massive flo-

Oh wait.

I wonder how much of those reshoots was for Spider-Man...

first trailer
> dark knight tier
recent trailer
> quipshit

t-thanks..

The first trailer wasn't for you.
The first trailer was meant for Comic-Con members only.

Difference is Kevin Feige. He is legitimately the smartest person in Hollywood atm

>Successfully maneuvers around stubborn Marvel execs to let him try MCU. Idea seemed bananas crazy at a time because Marvel was nearly bankrupt and most popular characters were splitted between other studios
>Takes the risk and produces Iron Man
>Proceeds with creating $10 bln franchise from nothing
>Runs things so efficiently that there were little to no scandals or production misfires for the project this large, namely all top stars are willing to continue filming
>No movie or script leaks like retards at Fox or Sony regularly do
>Of 13 movies he oversaw 13 are financially successful with 13 of those having positive critic reception
>Slowly returns Marvel characters to their home from other studios
>Excellent relations with Disney board as well as lots of Hollywood people
>Cucks Paramount
>Cucks Universal
>Picks up the fight with uncooperative CEO when the time comes
>Wins the fight and becomes co-CEO himself
>Cucks Sony into Spider-Man deal
>Humiliates WB/DC at capebowl of 2016
>MCU steamroller is going as strong as ever
>Starts war with co-CEO over Marvel TV. Starts it just at the moment when Civil War is breaking its billion while TV ratings are declining - a move that will undoubtedly make him look good and co-CEO bad. Looks like he is going to win this too

WB, Sony and Fox simply don't have anyone close to him. Feige revolutionized the blockbuster field while those corps still play by old rules.

Take WB, for example - they put WW movie right in between GotG 2 and MCU Spider-Man. Does this decision make sense according to 90's-00's blockbuster rules when you had to put movie in summer no matter what? Yes. Does it make any sense in current circumstances? Fuck no. Same shit with casting, picking directors, grand vision, everything really.

This is pretty accurate, except for the fact that "Ant-Man" was total shit.

>multiple sources say it was not to add humor

So, that means it was 100% to add humor.

Aesthetically it was Ayer's best movie.

Cinematically all of his movies are garbage, hence, OP pic is garbage.

Nice mem

If you're an actual film fan, you can appreciate the action genre as much as every other genre.

Plenty of action directors fuck up their own movie and it happens so often we take it for granted: Bad motivation, shit choreography, dull score, MUH SHAKY CAM to make it INTENSE AS FUCK.

The Russo Brothers aren't, like, Oscar-tier or anything, but CACW has one of the best, if not THE best, superhero fight scenes of all time. That shit is hard to do.

Also some dramatic beats landed really well. You want SRS DRAMA, logout and come back during awards season, kiddo.

By total shit, you mean total not shit right?

>superhero fight scenes of all time
That's not saying much.

All the fight scenes in Nolan's batman were horrible. It was always quick cut- quick cut, too zoomed in and rapid fire.

>The Russo Brothers aren't, like, Oscar-tier or anything, but CACW has one of the best, if not THE best, superhero fight scenes of all time. That shit is hard to do.

People used to talk about the SW prequel light saber fights exactly the same way. Let your hype cool off a bit.

Still got good critical acclaim and made more than enough money.
Your opinion dont mean shit

I'm sure your opinion of his opinion is devastating to him.

Do you not like fun?

what does that that mean 300K fedoras?

The choreography in TPM was pretty good, but they were shot so poorly that nobody gives a fuck. Those were not good movies.

The airport scene in CW has to be the best. It tops the previous record-holder, Superman vs Zod and his goons in downtown Metropolis (NY), which came out in **1980**

I love action movies.

I haven't seen Civil War - However The Winter Soldier was straight up trash. Awful on every single level. Terribly directed action scenes.

The trailer for Civil War looks every bit it's equal.

I don't know. Maybe that action scene is amazing. But I'm not going to pay to find out.

This is my beef with most Marvel films - They're cheap, nasty and just plain badly made.

The closest they've come to a good film (Guardians/Ant-Man) still felt slightly hampered by the constraints of the Marvel formula. They had an opportunity for three great scenes in Ant-Man that merely ended up "good" because of the lack of ambition (the Disintegration fight sequence in the briefcase, the 2001 tier ending and the train set fight - which could have been Wallace And Grommit tier).

Like I said, I don't want "srs drama", I just want good films. The Marvel films are shit for the most part, just like the Batman Vs. Superman Sndyer flicks. They're only watched and enjoyed by people who are into comic book superheroes.

They're not really /film/, unlike Nolan's flicks (which obviously are a mixed bag, but they're still actual movies that have more going on than branding).

>still got good critical acclaim
Except, no it didn't
>more than enough money

Not really, not for a Marvel movie. Letting Edgar Wright go was a huge mistake, Dr Strange doesn't look great but Black Panther got a killer setup this time around.

>Forgetting about will smith

>Fun
The huge sets were unique (and fun), but the rest of the movie was so generic and sloppy that I didn't realize any human could actually enjoy anything about it, except for young-CGI Michael Douglas, and no-CGI Paul Rudd.

So much this.
If you remember the JUST state that Marvel was back in 2007 his achievements look even more incredible. You also forgot
>Inironically makes movie about raccoon and a tree that is more successful than movie featuring Batman and Superman
>Makes Iron Man and Captain America larger cultural icons than Batman and Superman

Except that Ant-Man was great and did very, very well despite, well, for being fucking Ant-Man quite frankly. It's not a Iron Man level success but it was a success none-the-less.

Now let's see if DC can do the same with Cyborg (who frankly should never have come up in conversation ever in talks of movies) and Aquaman.

>there are people that take Sup Forums memes literally

holy shit end yourself Sup Forums trash please

>The Winter Soldier was straight up trash. Awful on every single level. Terribly directed action scenes.
>They're not really /film/, unlike Nolan's flicks (which obviously are a mixed bag, but they're still actual movies that have more going on than branding).

I was with you until this comparsion came up. Opinion discarded.

>The Winter Solder was trash
>Ant-Man was one of their best

Fucking dropped, you don't even know what you're talking about. "I want to watch shit I like" is an acceptable answer, but good vs. bad should be a pretty easy metric.

TWS had characters. Ant-Man was as generic an action movie as you could possibly make with that concept. It was not good on any level.

It got a better rating than most of the MCU and for being such an unknown property made more than enough

>The airport scene in CW has to be the best.

I watched it in IMAX 3D the night it released. It was cute, entertaining, but in my opinion, by no means jaw-dropping, and it wasn't helped at all by the sketchy editing on the earlier, more grounded fight scenes.

>Sup Forums poster accusing someone of being from Sup Forums

lel

you mean like America already did?

But what about the prison rape, user!

SOMEONE'S DOING THE RAPING!

Ant-Man is the "Cars" of Marvel studios.

There are people out there who like it (for some reason), but compared to other output from the same studio it's total garbage.

>You don't even know what you're talking about

The fact that you can't differentiate between the two on what makes a good film vs. a bad film demonstrates you know more about superheroes than you do films.

>Ant-Man was as generic an action movie

No it wasn't.

It was well directed, for a start. It was well acted. It had some creative set pieces.

All things absent from Captain America.

YOU are the sort of tasteless cretins we're complaining about swarming this board.

If the Russo Brothers have a flaw, it's that they don't leave enough money in the budget for a steadicam, but other than that they did OK.

>Total Garbage

>Implying you can get worse than Thor.

Please tell me you're just a blinded fanboy obsessive and not actually legitimately retarded.

>differentiate between the two
I did. Explicitly. You can't read.

>Ant-Man was good because I can't tell the difference between charisma and acting
I don't know what the "good direction" was you were talking about. The camera was always pointed at the actors, I guess? Creative setpieces don't make a great movie. Following a formula does not (which is what you claim to be against when you bitch about CW).

All three Cap movies have had GREAT setpieces. Great acting from Chris Evans ( really underrated, imo), but because he's not smarmy and charming like Paul Rudd I guess that doesn't do it for you.

Great action sequences, albeit camera a bit too shaky.... can someone else who isn't this dumbass weigh in here that The Avengers and TWS are generally agreed upon to be the best Marvel movies so far?

Superheroes aside, filmmaking is filmmaking, and you're doing the thing where you mistake what you like for what is good. That's very high school of you.

Yeah, I'd be willing to agree on OK; I just didn't think they'd given us the greatest superhero fight of all time.

I haven't seen Cars so I can't comment. I will say however that anyone who thinks Ant-Man is a worse movie than either Thor movie is out of his mind.

I didn't say it was the worst one, just that it was not good.

Kenneth Branagh is a fucking terrible director, the single worst Marvel movie is Thor Act I. The last two thirds of the movie got better ("I LIKE IT!"), but it's a process.

As someone else pointed out, it's a low bar.

>the possible exception of Will Smith

americucks everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=yaR__kswLrU
based

>Unironically thinks that poorly choreographed action scene in TDK trilogy or cartoony CGIfest of Ant-Man are better than any action scene in the Winter Soldier

>I did

No you didn't.

>Charisma and acting

>Acting

>In a Marvel film

Jesus christ, fucking casuals make me sick.

>GREAT set pieces

I've only seen the first two, and they featured not a single notable action sequence. Straight up flat television blocking and coverage.

>I don't know what the "good direction" was you were talking about

I know. I already said you were clueless.

>Creative set pieces don't make a great movie

It's Marvel. Nothing they make is great. It made for a good action movie. It's a sliding scale.

>can someone else who isn't this dumbass weigh in here that The Avengers and TWS are generally agreed upon to be the best Marvel movies so far?

They're both terrible movies. The finale of The Avengers is one of the worst things I've ever sat through in a cinema. It was Transformers tier terrible.

This is why cine-illiterate retards need to go back to Sup Forums.

>Superheroes aside

I don't care about superheroes.

>filmmaking is filmmaking

I know, hence why Ant-Man being a bad "superhero" film compared to Captain America is irrelevant to me. One is a good enough film, the other is incompetently made trash.

It still believe we live in a fucking parallel universe and somewhere on real earth someone says: "You know out there on earth 52 or something there is a world where Ironman and Captain America are more popular than Batman and Superman"
And the gets laughed at for saying that.

>Kenneth Branagh is a fucking terrible director

Jesus fucking christ.

You people are painfully stupid. PLEASE GO BACK TO Sup Forums.

I never said the action scenes in any Nolan films were good. They're terrible. He's learned a lot from Michael Bay.

>Cartoony CGI Fest

It's a comic book movie. What's wrong with that? It's better than the drab, point-and-shoot CGI flatness of The Winter Soldier.

>WB, Sony and Fox simply don't have anyone close to him. Feige revolutionized the blockbuster field while those corps still play by old rules.

WB has Bruce Timm, who accomplished this "MCU" stuff long ago on TV with the DCAU, but WB is too dumb to put him on movies.

Just stop, man. You're digging yourself deeper and deeper. Just admit that you liked some movies and did not like others instead of using "good" and "bad". Winter Soldier's action scenes are objectively better shot than anything in both of those movies.

And lets now forget
>He was actually a comic fan in his youth and familiar with the characters from the get-go

That's also more than any of the WB of FOX exces can say about themselves

It fucking is NOT, jesus. Read the Sony emails and you'll see its because producers are fucking IDIOTS

why does every character in that picture look so bland? I dont feel like I want to know more about any of them

>He's the only good filmmaker working in capeshit

Yeah right. Also all of his movie were r-rated, so I don't think he'll do well with the restraint of pg13 and massive studio meddling

>don't even try to be original, just copy copy copy and stay mediocore
this. Why even try to make kino if you can make shit? the capeshit viewers are mostly mentally retarded anyway.

JESUS CHRIST, MARIE

lmao that's always a good sign

watch this shit flop even harder than BvS and sink DC under once and for all

BvS failed not because it was too serious or dark or lacked quips, but because it was plainly unentertaining in a genre where entertainment is a bread and butter. TDK was grim as fuck but it was entertaining and successful.

And man was literally the best capeshit movie so far