Hardwired...To Self-Destruct

so ... ?

its rubbish what did you expect

I thought it was pretty good

Men in their late 50's still trying to be metal. They should have just let younger metal bands get this type of press release.

The only good thing about it is that they're Metallica. Metallica releasing a new album will always be cool and a big deal to me.

It sucks though.

none of the songs are as good as lords of summer
death magnetic at least had a couple of good tracks (that was just your life, my apocalypse, cyanide, all nightmare long)
hardwired has none

This album literally made me think I had brain damage.

>people shitting on their best album since The Black Album

wew

the album isn't great, but it contains great songs

Better than I expected but still not great. They will never be as good as their thrash stuff though.

Also seriously fuck that album art. It gave me a malignant tumor the size of a basketball on my scrotum

So, what? They're stealing from themselves at this point. This album doesn't bring anything we haven't heard before.

t. didn't listen to it

Better than death magnetic but still mediocre. They both sound like they're trying to hard (not as bad as st. anger tho) and i hate it when i get that vibe from a band, regardless of their age. I honestly like load and reload better than both dm and hwtsd.

>t. I dont know how to use t.

this

death magnetic at least had a few good songs. this one was boring, edgy trash. kirk got lazy with the solos on this one, most of his licks are rehashed and you can clearly hear it

but what else can you expect

If they put out Ride The Lightning now, it would just get shit on. It's a good album and certainly way better than Death Magnetic which was supposed to be their return to glory days, but was just boring

forgot to mention broken beat and scarred which was also okay (aside from WHAT DON'T KILL YA MAKE YA MOAR STRONG - jesus hetfield wtf)
add the instrumental and you get a decent album

hardwired isn't as offensively bad as Lulu, but at least I could laugh at lulu
I literally can't recall a single moment from hardwired that made me go "hey this is kinda nice"

Spit out the bone is the only remarkable track

>is it metallica?
>have you gone back in a time machine 30 years?
really makes you think

WE ARE SO FUCKED

I kinda agree with you, wish they just went more experimental like load/reload, the heavy doesn't fit them anymore

More like

Hardwired...To Be Mediocre

Spit Out the Bone is good. Atlas Rise is also pretty good. Moth Into Flame is decent.
The rest sucks.

Only relevant since thrash i general is in pretty bad shape