"I wish you good fortune in the wars to come."

"I wish you good fortune in the wars to come."

What did he mean by this?

Seriously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gRCTPtl-Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good luck in the afterlife. You are going to die if you try to fight me.

Probably hinting at all the civil wars and unrest that would follow a Baratheon coronation.

He's saying that whatever the post-Targaryen regime is, it won't last long.

DANE?

Tell me about Dayne! Why does he duel wield?
He's wishing Ned fortune.

>I'm babysitting a stuck up prince who started a war to bone your sister
>I'd rather be doing something of value, like winning the war instead of doing this
>I hope you win, you seem like a good kid, but I made my vows and you'll have to get through me to take the tower.

or, knowing the books it's some faggy dornish limerick

>Lord Stark, I'm Kingsguard
youtube.com/watch?v=4gRCTPtl-Ks

His prince and king were dead, yet he knew of a new heir to come.

>Dayne didn't fight on the Trident
>He didn't slay Robert before he killed the stuck up prince

Might have been the biggest mistake that Rhaegar made. Not saying Dayne killing Robert would have turned the tide as it most likely wouldn't but Rhaegar might not have died that day and the loyalist army could have retreated with their prince. He literally sidelined the best warrior of all time and his most loyal and best friend. Sure, he had him watch his son, but come on Whent could have done that by himself while he had Dayne do what he did best.

not bad

>He literally sidelined the best warrior of all time and his most loyal and best friend
and this is why saying that Martin deconstructs fantasy is bullshit.

Why was half the kingsguard stationed at the tower of joy instead of 20 crossbowmen for defense? Because the very speshul snowflake is being born there and it needed quasi magical protection from the sword Dawn yadda yadda yadda it made no strategic sense to keep his top commanders stationed in the middle of nowhere.

>yfw the hound was always right.

Best warrior in the world stabbed in the fookin back?!?!?

It was a while ago since I read the books but why did he leave Jaime at KL rather than taking him with him to the Trident?
Was it Aerys who wanted him at his side at all times as hostage?

Keep 20 men fed at a tower in the middle of nowhere?

>wanted him at his side at all times as hostage?
Yes.

Have you even read the books?

Dayne was at the tower of Joy because he was Rhaegars best friend.
Whent was there because he helped Rhaegar rig the tourny at Harranhall

Those two wouldnt flee.

Gerold Hightower was sent to find Rhaegar, but shows up at the Tower. He was also Lord Commander of the Kingsgaurd

Rhaegar knew whatever baby was in there was the Prince who was Promised, not Rhaegar himself.

Rhaegar didnt care about the war, he cared about Prophecy.

The better question is why bother with the tower in the first place when Dragonstone is much safer and well defended.
It worked for Viserys and his mother.

the tower itself had to be staffed for Lyanna to give birth in it and it always needed protection anyways. Add to that the fact that it's a fucking tower and thus easily defensible and it's by far the more sensible option

And now he's dead and so is his entire family.

>Have you even read the books?
I haven't, no.

>Rhaegar didnt care about the war, he cared about Prophecy
so all the kingsguard there were basically cultees for Rhaegar's snake oil?

well, labor pains are a good enough excuse for a book as any desu

He meant the Others. Mance said the exact same thing and that's what he meant. Rhaegar would have filled him in.

Rhaegar was never king.

Aerys sent the Kingsgaurd, minus Jaime to the Trident because he wanted to win

Rhaegar sent his best friends to the Tower of Joy to protect his child.

If you sent Llewyn Martell or Jonothor Darry, who knows if theyd turn on the baby.

Why did he say this? The war was over and I'm sure he thought himself and Hightower would kill all the northerners there.

probably hinting the targaryan-stark bastard , and the fights for the throne.

that age looks much more interresting than the present timeline

Yes I read the books, twice. And Dayne still protecting Rhaeagr while Whent soloed protected baby Jon until Gerold showed up would have worked.

No, not his entire family.

gendry is still rowing

Obviously not since Whent and Hightower both died even before Reed saved Ned.

Dayne didnt expect to survive. Hense the line, but he had a duty to his best friend, so he was not going to bend the knee and give up

Nigga I was saying if Dayne was at the trident then Ned would have never made it to the Tower of Joy in the first place as Rhaegar wouldn't have died.

That's pure speculation.

Nigga do you realize how big the rebel army was?
If 7 jobbers could kill Dayne, then obviously a whole army would have. The royal army was fucked the moment Rhaegar agreed to single combat with Bobby.

If Dayne tried to interfere, they would have slaughtered him like 10 on 1.

If he dies, then If he kills them all, then it doesn't even fucking matter what he said because they're all dead.

how can he be neds sisters baby if ned looked like a fucking teen in the episode? ive never red the books but wouldnt jon be older then rob if this was the case?

He was probably means to be in his 20s in the show. Also, people start having kids incredibly early in GoT so Rob would have been born by then