Could time travel be possible? If so, how?

Could time travel be possible? If so, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The question is, how isn't it possible?
Gravitational forces from black holes have already been found to bend time-space, there's no telling what we can use that for in the future.

traveling to the future is possible but idk about the past

We can probably go forward in time, but being next to a black hole wouldn't be the most comfortable thing.
And we can't really go back in time unless we manage to reverse gravity.

Sorry, no. I don't remember who said it but you can't put your foot in the same stream twice. The stream may be the same but the original water has moved away.

well there is theory's suggesting travelling to the future is possible,but not the past.

What?

perhaps.
But I'm only allowed to tell after the year 2487

TRIPS OF TRUTH

If time travel was real, shouldn't there have someone from the future travel to the present already?

The entropy in the sim is bidirectional. Even if you could reverse the direction of all of the matter in the universe, the entropy would still behave in the same way. You'd really just spin off a new future.

Why would anybody from the future come here? They're probably all in Rome for the orgies and gladiator games.

Or maybe there were no orgies or gladiators until some folks from the future went back and made Rome their playground.

time travel is impossible. there is no past or future, only the present. in order for time to go forward or backwards you'd need 1 a parallel universe or 2 all current matter in the universe to revert back to a previous state.

maybe they can't go back to an era where the time machine hasn't been invented yet

Primer was a pretty interesting movie, first time I'd seen a time travel story that seemed like it could really be posible.

fart power

and in order to travel to the future, you'd have to create an invention that can predict and create what matter would exist in said created state. it's just not possible.

Of course not, anyone who says otherwise is a delusional fool living in their own fantasy world.

quiet, shill

this is a stupid theory. bending time space is essentially altering its present form. you'd have to completely change the matter existing in that bend to a previous state. it would have to take an entirely different parallel universe, as i said before, with all current matter existing in that universe and that universe would have to create and sustain life in a past form and recreate the events that happened in said past form. it's just not possible.

We can't, cause we haven't went into a back hole and back.

Btw, every time think beforehand that, if, we could, the future would had said so by coming here. We would know, right?

i am a time travel

Some of you faggots actually believe technology will keep advancing at the same rate we've seen over the past century until we reach the type of tech you see in scifi movies.
Technological advancement is gonna plateau real soon, and we'll never get anywhere near interstellar travel, let alone time travel.
>mfw

Am I time travel?

>Not knowing about time dilation according to the General Theory of Relativity

>Theory

It's probably not your business

1) How do we know there isn't one or more parrallel universes that we can travel to?
2) Would speeding up time for you but not for others count as time traveling? We can already do that.

If sexts, time travel is confirmed possible

Why does time only have to go 1 direction? What if in another universe, time goes the other way. I think I've said too much.

And what do you base that on, besides something you pulled out of your ass?

shit

>7s

Kek

What does time dilation have to do with his rambling mess of a statement. Fuck did sara palin make that post?

nigger what

sexts dont lie

fuck you got it

Holy Jesus, that was me!

Who do you think wins the power balls...?

waste of six, asshole

WITNESSED!!!

The pre-socratic Greek philosopher Anaximander

Time dilation is proven fact you idiot.
Moving forward in time at a different rate than everything is can and does happen.

my name a cunt

all hail

>Mfw time dilation has been proven using synchronized atomic clocks, one stationary on Earth and one accelerated on the ISS
>Mfw no longer just theory

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

It has to be true

SEXTS DO NOT LIE!!

James Cunt

WITNESSED

>General Theory of Relativity
>Theory
Key word: theory.

Time represents a change in matter and existence. Time is a theory and your "general theory of relativity" is a theory based on a theory. Kill yourself, you worthless piece of waste.

For reference:

goddamn, this is the greatest day of my life.

I'm soooo hiiigh

He said that time travel was impossible, but we've already discovered time travel into the future is plausible.

Going back in time however, we still have no clue on.

These make sense, I like this guy

> fact
That's why GPS satellites need their clocks updated regularly

SKELLENTON

See:

You wrote theory though, how should I know more, chill newfag

1: So we're going to base a theory on an assumption? Sorry, logically that is a stupid decision and a waste of time.
2: explain further by speeding up time for me but not others.

ye

Pretty sure just riding along on the prevailing wave of time without altering its speed counts as time travel. Welcome to the future, faggot! Unfortunately we still have a lot of faggots!

respect

Posting

All your time are belong to me

But there is infinite universes
Is there not?

Yes time travel is possible . already been proven.. With the use of the flux capasitor.

alright you're making the claim. prove it's a fact. show me proof.

The Earth moves at a massive speed, around a Sun that moves at a greater speed, as part of a galaxy moving at incredible speeds.

If you could step out of the constraints of space time to re-enter it even a second later, you'd likely be in the vacuum of space. It'd be a rough ride.

What the fuck are you talking about. Time dialation does not let you go into the future, it just effects how time passes to the traveler.

Thatsa shame

Wrong greentext, aww
Why do I use my phone to join b(?)

a theory is a series of well tested hypothesis, not some day dream you had

It will speed up, if anything.

Philadelphia experiment?

wut second poster is a second behind

>This

If you managed to come relatively close to travelling near the speed of light you could effectively return to earth after your journey having aged very little compared to those that remained on the planet... You'd still need to remain on your spacecraft for a number of years though yourself, so it's not exactly a practical time machine

this is something i figured out when i was about 10 years old , it ruined a few time travel movies for me

show me an infinite universe.

I saw that shit . Time travel is possible. Check em

I was here when it happened, dick in hand.

That is not right. But the clocks do run faster and don't keep correct time when on earth. They are designed to pass time right, according to us, once in orbit.

My country made that word.
I do know what it means, and, you are sadly wrong

Atomic clocks on earth, and atomic clocks on satellites which are moving extremely fast don't stay synchronized even though they measure the same way.

I'm not going to post 1000 links when you could google time dilation

Science nerds are nerds.

When it comes to time travel, there's no way of knowing, until we actually achieve it.

There's also the paradox of if time travel is possible at some point in the future, why haven't we travelled back to our present?

Due to Einstein's law of relativity, moving forward in time is possible. As you travel at speeds near the speed of light, time for you is experienced slower than others. It can be seen when to put two clocks at the same time, send one around the world on a plane, and they would be different times. Moving fast enough, you will travel in time faster then time on Earth. Travelling into the past is impossible. It would require infinite energy to travel faster than light. Law of conservation of mass and energy applies so that traveling back in time, there would be two of each particle in your body, and thus increasing the mass in the universe, and removing mass in present day.

tl;dr

Travel forward in time? YES
Travel backward in time? NO

Dude, we're all time travelling right now.
It's forward, of course, but still- TIME TRAVEL!

Yes it does, Einstein.

If you were to travel at the speed of light, what feels like a minute for you would be much longer for the people back on Earth, so if you returned after traveling at that speed time would have passed, and you would have traveled into the future.

Relativity 101 lad.