WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW

WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.apple.com/thread/4329818?tstart=0
scaruffi.com/ratings/2015.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can anyone help here, my ipod classic 160gb failed on me and when going to restore, it gives me this error message: Error Code 1439 (This iPod cannot be restored)

discussions.apple.com/thread/4329818?tstart=0

it wasn't that good plus the thought of Andy Samberg being the love of your life kinda grosses me out.

7/10

>discussions.apple.com/thread/4329818?tstart=0
based user with the dubs.

I haven't even listened to it and I was absolutely certain he would give it a 6.5

Divers was bland

scaruffi.com/ratings/2015.html

>Not rated yet but i liked these:
>Titus Andronicus: The Most Lamentable Tragedy (Merge)
my man

Not up on his update site but i found he has reviewed the following:

Radiohead, A Moon Shaped Pool: 6/10
Julia Holters, Have You In My Wilderness: 6/10
and of course, Divers: 6.5/10

is this the year of 6/10?

He also gave Blackstar a fucking 4/10 lmao

aw yeah, what rating you suppose he gives it?

6/10 is my rating for ASMP too, as someone who isn't a big fan of Radiohead. The arrangements were much nicer than the lame beats of King of Limbs.

my best guess is a 6.5 at the lowest and 7.5 at the highest. So naturally, a 7.

Probably 6.5 or 7, I doubt it'll top or match The Monitor's 7.5

I don't get how he hated on Feel You and Betsy but praised Sea Calls Me Home.

As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

nice, so close to triplets

this review was the final nail in the coffin for bowie

Watch AM get an 8/10

What's AM, again?

fuck yes
everyone shit on this album and has been since it came out
i knew at least some critic would have good taste

does this old Italian guy actually listen to things like Death metal enough to give a review?

Scaruffi's 8/10 for the Arctic Monkeys

pretty sure someone added up the time it would take to review all the albums and compared it to his schedule and found it would be impossible for him to have listened to all that music or something and he's just lying about his ratings and basing them off what he hears other people say about them
based
our guy

I can finally post my prediction

It deserved a 6.5 desu

I'm fine with this. Divers was a bit disappointing and at least he appreciates Ys and HOOM.

nah, it'll get a 5 but it would be hilarious if it got an 8. I mean, he's given a lot of shitty albums an 8 so it wouldn't be the first time.

I.e. Guns n' Roses, Dream Theatre and other shitty metal bands.

Holy shit you were so close

>AMSP got a higher score than HTTT and TKOL
It's their worst album tho

He gave Ultraviolence a 7, so why not give the ultimate Tumblr album an 8 to fuck with every single one

that's not how you spell king of limbs

I'm literally shaking and crying right now. Why is he allowed to do this?

He's just a guy with a shitty blog, you could easily make your own and do the same thing but probably better

He was right

LLLLMMAAAAOOOOO
Gotta love Scaruffi

i don't think it's a 4 but that's a little too harsh. 5 at the lowest, 6 at the best.

When Scaruffi was rating music in the 60s, 70s, and 90s he was handing out quite a few 9s. How come on not a single album from 1999 onward has gotten a 9?

It's the first time she played into cliches about herself without pushing her boundaries in any way.

christmas has come early bois, what a complete savage.

its on his twitter

BLACKSTAR GOT A FUCKING 4 WAT THE FUCK

Scaruffi got older. You start relating less and less about music when you grow up. He's probably jaded at this point.

he has addressed this very question. He said something like the album is dying out due to mp3 culture or something and artists/bands focusing more on the single.

And he didn't give out a lot of 9's. He did give out a fuck ton of 8's in the 80's and 90's tho. Especially the fuckin 90's, which according by him, is the most based decade of music. It also had the most 9's I think of any other decade. Correct me if i'm wrong. The 00's were nothing but disappointing with lack luster 7's and like barely any 8's. The 10's kinda of changed it up a bit starting off with a promising 8.5. And a few more 8's. We'll see if the 2015 and 2016 reviews do anything for the 10's.

If so, I wonder who will grow up to match Scaruffi's legacy.

Is anyone going to bring up how he called Bowie melodramatic on Lazarus? Bowie wrote a song about how he was dying and then died 2 days after the album came out and this motherfucker is going to call him melodramatic. Scaruffi has absolutely zero chill

Reminder that Scaruffi has literally never been wrong.

Bowie probably fucked Scaruffi's gf or something in the 70s

why do people still care about this hack's opinion

>He said something like the album is dying out due to mp3 culture or something and artists/bands focusing more on the single
That depends on the genre, he should know that. That statement makes him sound like a sixty year old man trying to show how much he knows about MP3s and culture or whatever.

Everyone with an opinion lower than "not my kind of music" is a hack, why does anyone pay attention to reviews?

listening to 10 albums a year is unrealistic?

Doesn't this guy claim to have invented the internet or something?

this is just pathetic