Yeah I'm done with this series

Yeah I'm done with this series.

They never should've gone ahead of the books.

Literally everything suffers. The dialogue, the drama, the conflicts, the intrigue, the character development - everything.

Half the time I feel like I'm watching an SNL skit. The rest of the time it's a high school play, complete with awkward pauses, out-of-character moments, predictable plot progression and obvious filler lines that wouldn't pass for clever writing on a CW show.

And it's just so boring, all of it. I literally don't care anymore what happens next or why.

its written for women
what did you expect?

How come every single scene now starts with an awkward silence and quips. It's like they're actually writing their lack of creativity into the script.

Who #teamcersei here? She's only female character well written enough to admire. Before they eventually kill her off i hope she crushes one more of her foes ruthlessly. Then I can ignore this shit show as it panders it way to Dany taking on ice zombies with bran warging in the dragons and winning westeros. Yawn.

I said the exact same thing 2 days ago. It all seems so fucking corny now.

I kinda agree. When Tyrion suggested they play the drinking game "Never Have I Ever" I kek'd so hard. What's next, a game of wine pong?

They didn't go ahead of the books they full on left them.

Cool blog faggot

Ok, see you next week on /got/ commenting the next ep.

>ywn play wine pong with a midget and his dicklets friend while prositutes cavort everywhere

Jdimsa

>see you next week on /got/, anonymous.

I'm an extremely casual viewer of the show but I've noticed a shift in quality and nuance with characters, who are really the foundations of any show in its sixth season. They have become characatures. Varys isn't smart or cunning, he's a eunuch. The dwarf isn't a rhetor, he's a dwarf. Jamie Lannister isn't conflicted or learned from his travels, he's a body guard.

It was a callback, retard! That happened in the first season.

Dropped the show after Season 5 finale. You should've done that as well.

Coming from anime... it seems like a massive "no shit".

Whenever anime goes off an ongoing manga/light novel/whatever, they turn to complete anus once they go off-source.

You need proper writers, not just some jerks who were in charge of tv-izing something.

It is still a contemporary drinking game that has no place in a fictional fantasy world that mimics medieval Europe. It's like having the dialog "See ya later, bro" in a film set in ancient Egypt. It's poor, lazy writing.

See the difference, faggot?

Jesus fuck, Pepe.

agreed. The end of her plotline is where I get of this train.

He literally says he invented it himself, and it's premise isn't really complicated, so I can't see why it can't work. He's a drunk.

Also, I doubt anyone complained the first time.

I do agree on the decline in quality though.

Why did GRRM give his life's work over to a guy who'd written three mediocre movies and his buddy who hadn't done anything at all?

>It's like having the dialog "See ya later, bro" in a film set in ancient Egypt

Sansa in the last episode literally said ''sorry for being such an ass to you'' to jon.

DnD are hacks

Shekels.

The show just feels aimless again like its not really building towards anything.

So, like the books then.

>"See ya later, bro" in a film set in ancient Egypt
Droid, please!

I dropped this shit mid season last season, even before that had to skip half the episodes anyway, and now can't keep watching this shit again.PURESHIT

Yeah, but why them? Why not literally anyone else?

I have an unexpected and newfound enthusiasm for the show. Every week I am ecstatic to see the new trainwreck

Femanon here. Used to love this show but dropped it so hard.

Cersei is the best portrayal of a female character. Bar-none. She's strong, independent and a manipulative mastermind who knows how to play the Game of Thrones like a pro. As someone who likes to self-insert into her character since I'm a total mean bitch like her, I find it stupid and meaningless the way they mistreated her in the show. Putting one of the strongest female characters into a position where she has to face humiliation and drink dirty floor water really shows how sexist and anti-feminist the show creators are. Just look at how they treated the sand snakes. They set them up as strong, pro-feminist characters with qualities setting them apart from the sheep, but in the next episode they are revealed to be submissive 10/10's here-are-the-tits-for-all-the-man-pigs-watching-the-show. Not saying that sand snakes were the best characters since I think Cersei is the by far the best feminist-friendly character in any tv show to date, but the way the creators treat female characters like pieces of meat or submissive and humiliating roles really shows the black ooze lurking in their sexist little heats. I can't see the show anymore since I get triggered everytime I see Cersei getting mistreated. I'm sorry but the strong sexism and anti-feminism currently surrounding Cersei just made me quit the show and (and we all know how anti-feminist this board is) this board.

d&d know that shit gets you #trending

was saying this on Sup Forums the other day, tyrion has become a fkn meme this season with every episode apart from the latest one where he had some lines which didnt involve crackin a shitty low energy 0/10 joke every two sentences

my thoughts exactly

You're the equivalent of guys posting the Drive guy in 'literally me the character' threads.

>independent and a manipulative mastermind who knows how to play the Game of Thrones like a pro
Dogshit, her own Dad accurately summates her character as "you're not as smart as you think". Cersei believes herself to be this political genius, but she's just very good at acting like she knows what's going on. Everything she does explodes in her face.

>mastermind
>cersei

you can only pick one.

>show's been running for over half a decade
>no more than a couple chapters of the book have been finished

>drinking games are a modern invention

pretty sure humans have been drinking for longer than we've had written language.

>he's still releasing preview chapters of the unreleased book

I have no idea what that fat fuck is doing, does he think he needs to maintain hype by trickle feeding some material? the show does that.

I bet your mother is a cunt

Embarassing

At least Danny is consistent.

Official term you're looking for is flanderization. Brienne and Jon have also lost all character development along the line.

WOW this show is SO bad. I'm boycotting D&D and their shit. NEVER torrenting this again.

This. Just like feminism and homosexuality didn't exist in Rome, because they didn't use those exact terms.

It's called flanderization, and you are completely right.

At least anything fucking happens in this show, contrary to Better Call Saul, which turned out to be boring bullshit.

Hell, i think I mighthink say it's better than source books for the same reason - because what significant exactly happened in the dance with dragons? Literally fucking nothing, except for Jon's and Theons chapters. Tyrion was on a boat, Quentin did nothing but died, Victorion was funny, but didn't really contribute to the plot.

what did she mean by this face?

i'm staying for the episode 8 and 9 battles which are always fun

Exactly this. And every character is basically black and white in terms of character and who is on whose side.
It is now very clearly X vs X, Y vs Y etc. There's no nuance. The best part of Game of Thrones was the political game and not knowing exactly who to trust or who was on whose side. And no, that's not le shock value if D&D are here.
I know it has to change slightly due to the attention slowly being drawn to the common threat beyond the wall, but still, it's lost all nuance

Agreed massively.

The nuance is dead, now this is just your typical medieval fantasy show.

Is it the shows fault for starting before the books were finished or GRRM's fault for being lazy about writing them?

>tyrion has become a fkn meme this season with every episode apart from the latest one where he had some lines which didnt involve crackin a shitty low energy 0/10 joke every two sentences

This. Getting a bit tired of Tyrion having little to say other than cringey, predictable comic relief lines. They try too hard to make him a 'favourite'

tyrion hasnt had a good story arc since he was hand of the king, his adventure in season 1 was based too

>Cersei is the best portrayal of a female character. Bar-none. She's strong, independent and a manipulative mastermind who knows how to play the Game of Thrones like a pro.
Unfortunately, she's a vain idiot.

Yeah, its pretty bad now. Even before it had its really stupid moments where it veered from the books, or when they were just shoveling boobs in my face, but now it's like 100% that.

>Manipulative mastermind
>Funds crazy fanatics that end up jailing her and making her march the street naked while peasants throw shit at her

>It's like they're actually writing their lack of creativity into the script.

How about that scene where Tyrion's struggling to pull some banter out of these two, only to realize that they're both as interesting as watching paint dry?

Do youse think D&D did a good job with the first few seasons?

When they were literally working 100% from source material, I unironically enjoyed it a lot. There were a few things I wasn't too keen on, but as adaptations go it was pretty good. Then we started to see more and more deviations from the book, and the show progressively turned to shit imo.

>she's only female character well written enough
but Yara exists

MUH SLAVERY CRACKA
WE WUZ OPRESSED EVEN IN FICTIONAL TV SHOW

Seasons 1 and 2 were great
Season 3 was also good but had a noticeable dip
Season 4 is when it started falling off a cliff

It wasn't really progressive IMO. It was good across the board until season 3, then nosedived into syfy channel tier writing out of no where in season 4. it did get progressively worse from there if thats what you mean

Yeah agreed, I just find it interesting that they can produce a very good show so long as they have no creative control whatsoever, but turn it to shit when they start making their own decisions. The majority of idiots still like it though, so I guess they'll carry on getting their shekels either way.

This is what George RR martin is inevitably going to do in his books and he's struggling to find a way to integrate the main conflict of the series into his novels which are basically political thrillers. He can't. It's been 20 years since the series was started and the others have still done jack-all. Game of thrones/ASOIAF will invariably have a disappointing ending because the fantasy element of the series has always been it's weakness

>lots of rape and naked women, no naked men
>"its written for women"

you, actually dont know any women irl do you.

i blame marvel.

Yeah, I agree. He's written a great medieval thriller... in fact, had there been no confirmed mystical/magical element, all just potential tricks/rumours/etc then I think the series would have been much better.

>/got/

Literally a reddit quarantine zone

Fifty Shades of Grey was a phenomenon among women and the entire thing was rough sex

>rough sex and rape are the same thing

fuck you really HAVENT met a real woman top kek

>no naked men

Do you watch Game Of Thrones?

Which young non-child actor hasn't got naked?

apart from 2 actors pretty much all of them.

i just wanna see kits dick ;_;

>rough sex and rape aren't the same thing

right back at you homo

???

women love watching that shit

There's two rape scenes D&D invented just because it's so popular.

They even added a pregnant women being prison shanked in the stomach to make the girls shriek

>Femanon here

What's the matter, user? You don't like D&D's emmy award winning Ramsay fanfic?

I don't understand why they started to write their own stuff, do they like the smell of their own farts? because most others don't

Because their deal was a TV show on HBO, whereas all the other offers were for ridiculous movie adaptations where they only do the Jon or Dany story.

YOU HAVE NICE PUSSY I LET HORSE FUCK YOU BECAUSE I MAN!

Daenerys: Le smug, powerful woman with a master plan to rule them all!

So is Ramsey shaping up to be the big badie now? why is the whole north sucking his dick?

I for one hate it when a show presents something it's already presented before.

We're obviously going around and around with Daenerys.

>no
>BUT I AM DA MUVER OF DRAGUNS BLAH BLAH
>entitlement
>miraculous turn around

>no
>BUT I AM DA MUVER OF DRAGUNS BLAH BLAH
>miraculous turn around

>MUH BOOKS

I'm a bookfag but I still can't stand this shit. Can we stop pretending the books weren't full of awful prose and bad dialogue, especially in books 4 and 5? Did you fuckers forget about fat pink mast and "sunset found her squatting in the grass"?

The show is at least progressing the plot. There was more forward momentum in the past four episodes of the show than all of books 4 and 5.

>what is appealing to multiple demographics
The writing is for women, the tits and violence are for men. And is right. Ramsay is a sociopathic rapist that women go niagra falls for. I know your BFF tells you that women LOVE nice guys like you, but even pretty girls like her don't always say what they're really thinking.

>equates unpleasant truths about women to fedoras
The guys who dress like this are the guys who white knight for women. Fedoras and female-worship go hand and hand. This is like calling someone a fatty for calling fastfood unhealthy.

I haven't read the books but the drop off is fucking obvious.

>do they like the smell of their own farts?

Do you really need to ask this when the answer is obvious

>Has been burnt by the friendzone
>is a fucking samefag

She had to take a dump

>women like rape
>fedora's are white knights

Yeah, man, you'll never know. People are very strange these days. I used to know a girl. She had a dozen guys. One of them found out about it, beat her up so bad she ended up at a hospital on Guerrero Street.

I'm not done with it yet. But I get what you mean by it feeling like an SNL sketch. They're laying the humor and awkwardness too thick, when they could be using that time to build the characters up, and set-up future events. But it feels like they've stopped building, and now it's only resolutions. We have nothing to look forward to beyond the very shortsighted conflicts resolving themselves.

I don't think the universe had a choice. For all of it's faults, you honestly could not expect a better adaptation than what we got seasons 1-5. No one else would have done anything close to what the show did. And if they didn't start when they had, then the crew and casting would most certainly have been a lot worse.

It's GRRM's fault for not finishing the books. If he just finished TWOW on time, then he could have done the final book just before the show's final season went into production. Or at least have had enough written to feed the show writers good material.

Agree, they knew the problem of making a series on the back of an unfinished book series, all they were after was the $$$ like most people in media, and no matter how much people complain as long as they keep watching they will keep fucking it up.

I watch it because there isn't much better on TV right now.

>There's two rape scenes D&D invented just because it's so popular.
Which ones? I don't recall.

Da fuq? The Americans, the objectively highest rated show of the past 3 years, is airing right now. It doesn't get much "better" than that.

I don't know who you are agreeing with. Because I didn't insinuate that they were all about the money.
In fact, I was making the case that the show was the perfect storm of fortunate events. it's GRRM's fault for not getting the book done, which in turn allowed the show to derail. The show creators are doing their best. The conductor failed.

>I'm a total mean bitch like her
Cringe

Season 6 is fine so far, pretty good season. Better than season 2,3,4 and 5 so far.

>It's GRRM's fault for not finishing the books

literally 9gag