Why was Tomorrowland so bad? It had such potential

Why was Tomorrowland so bad? It had such potential.

Potential for fapping maybe.

It was pure cunnyfu material and that's it
Riffraff

>bad

Pixar guys can't direct live action movies.

> John Carter of Mars
> Tomorrowland

After these failures the directors predictably went back to directing safe sequels Finding Dory and Incredibles 2.

Bird is a Randian. 'Nuff said.

>tfw no raffeybots yet

JDIMSA

Because people under 25 think everything sucks now unless it has fucking superheroes in it.

Brad Bird made Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol though.

Although I did think that wasn't great either and more just a spectacle movie other fags seemed to like it

No, I mean besides that. For example, Brad Bird. Had he ever directed a bad film previously?

this

only true alpha-males are able to appreciate this movie

All of his movies are about "special" people.

The movie did suck though.

You think putting a bunch of flash colours and CGI effects in your movie and talking about "wonder and the spirit of discovery" and shit is going to make people interested in a boring as fuck plot then you're gonna have a bad time.

George Clooney and Hugh Laurie were pulling a Bruce Willis and looked like they couldn't care less about the movie so why should anyone else?

You're forgetting Ghost Protocol. I mean, Tomorrowland was way more shit than it had a right to be. The actors, directors, and studio were all promising.

How was the plot bad exactly. I bet you liked thought the "plot" to deadpool

How wasn't it bad?

because damon lindelof is a shitty writer. hes so bad not even brad bird can save his scripts

Well, I don't know if Damon Lindelof is a bad writer in general, but the writing in the this movie was just fucking awful. I can't believe Brad Bird read this script and didn't ask for a rewrite.

cowboys and aliens, star trek 2, world war z, prometheus, tomorrowland.

he is garbage. favreau, brad bird and scott couldn't save his trash.
the worst part is the directors always get the blame and execs keep hiring him

This movie made me fall asleep in the theater so it would be over sooner. The kids thought it was okay though

>Well, I don't know if Damon Lindelof is a bad writer in general

He is.

John Carter is at least watchable.

Yeah, that's the exact response I was expecting.

Хoтeл бы я пoцeлoвaть Pэффиблинчик в eё yмный и кpacивый лoбик.

>It's bad because I said so

This is why I don't argue with people under 25.

some day user. we'll make it.

it was heavily tampered with before release, the executives did not have any balls.

president trump will boost the cunbot industry, i can feel it

No, but it was not his fault. It was the script.

rumor has it brad bird wanted to go full pedo with the rafffey-clooney relationship but lindelof chickened out

mary sue protagonist
and you cant make an original movies with 190 mil budget thats dumb

it's ridiculous that they didn't kiss at the end

unforgivable

>president trump
>not god-emperor trump

Me in the back

that would be the second term

i liked it. it wasn't as great as it could've been but i was still happy with what i got.

true enough!

the pedo storyline was creepy. they should have had more futurism and less randism. The Brit baddie's outfit was ridiculous and the movie meandered in the third act.

Weak thumbs up. Second best movie adapted from a disneyland ride.

Everything up to paris was ok-good but thats where it got shit

Why did they need to go to paris anyway? they just did the same sequnce in a row, 1st with the travel by radio waves then with the eiffel tower rocket through the earth. It was just a waste of time. The villain was poorly written, and just seemed to be one because the plot needed one and the ending was just uninspired.

Should have just done a re write time reboot ending just like jumanji

>the pedo storyline

first, she's a robot, second, she's like 52 years old

>stokes theorem
>not based Gauss's theorem

also
>implying it was bad
it was pretty good desu , it did exactly what it set out to do .

>>stokes theorem
>>not based Gauss's theorem

They are the same theorem if you study differential forms / basic differential geometry.

>pedo
>they're the same age

its not , and they could avoid the analrage of showing it on screen with some bullshit about her switching robotic bodies or getting uploaded to some other computer\robotic thing . could have went all Her in the end .

isnt it gauss and green theorems that are the same only for an extra dimension ?.the proofs for those and for stokes are kina different IIRC .but theres obviously similarities between the integration theorems .

>having integration theorems on your clothing
its basically glorified multidimensional addition , you might as well type a+b = (a+b) or some shit like that .

It was two different movies that got mashed together. It kind of hurt the pacing and tone.

Probably, they were afraid of harsh rating so that antagonist wasn't made out to be stood out. The more antagonist becomes evil, the more protagonist stands out. Then whole thing start looking democratic!!!

plz

>Sup Forums watches Tomorrowland

God. For 5 seconds I thaught she was the girl in Penny Dreadful's blood orgy

Uuuhhh

How old? Asking for a friend

It was actually very good despite being a bit ponderous and ungainly. It failed because like The Iron Giant, it was a family movie that was actually a heavy handed message movie.
The message was the same as in Ratatouille, basically, anyone can be special.
George Clooneys character is basically like Anton Ego. A cynical fuck who lost the meaning of what it is that he was living for and finds it thanks to a little non human friend.

Raffey was great. Honestly even the critics thought her performance was a stand out

People who've read books before can spot an obvious Randian hackjob a mile away. You should probably expose yourself to more intelligent forms of media.

george clooney, he also was the worst part of Hail, Caesar!

George Clooney is a fucking cuck, sort of like Bin Al-Fleck

Randian aspects were pretty problematic but its ideas and visual aesthetic were pretty neat. The first time she enters Tomorrowland and it unfolds in real time showing you all the cool utopian structures it's genuinely dazzling.

The action scenes were also really well structured and visually coherent, which is more than can be said for any Marvel superhero film.

I don't think you know what that word means.

John Carter is actually fucking incredible as a simple action flick if you'd turn off your drone "muh popular opinion and gross stats" mind for one fucking second.

Yes, the actor for the main character is kind of a meathead, but nobody's saying Mark Hamill was the best actor ever, and he got the job done for Luke.

John Carter was easily one of the best SF/fantasy movies you could treat yourself to in the past decade; I'd put it in the top 10 best SF/fantasy movies between 2005 and 2015 without hesitation.

I hate capeshit and Tomorrowland sucked nigger dick. But yeah, I agree to some extent. We need to begin the nerd cleansing and start over with western civilization.

That was not the message and thanks for providing proof that you never watched it.

The message was "Stop accepting that the world sucks and try to change it instead. Not being obsessed with a post apocalyptic world" which was ironic considering Mad Max was beating its ass at the box office at the time.

wuts dat
i raff i ruse?

Does it really matter? She's old enough to be cute.

It was nice and refreshing but still fells like an unfinished project (or budget cut) at the end.

There are many ways to read a story.
You must have missed the last 2- 3 minutes of the film. The opening up of TL to more than just bots and quants etc... Anyway.
Thanks for basically just paraphrasing Hugh Lauries character though.

It had some flaws, but I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.

It was okay until the rushed ending

It's like Lindelof just ran out of ideas and said "fuck it"

yeah, cunny jokes aside, her performance was really the best part of the movie. I though she did the 50 year old robot part pretty subtle and convincing.
I hope she doesnt end up like chloe or some other whos

It wasnt bad.
A lot of people just were triggered by the "liberal agenda" they thought the movie has

>Pixar guys can't direct live action movies.
This

It all started with Cars1 their most 'realistic' movie and it was all down hill from there.

I'm merely attempting to measure my degree of immorality

John Carter wasn't a bad movie (was much better than Tomorrowland).

It was just very very very badly marketed.

>Shoulda called it "Pixar Presents John Carter" or something since so many Pixar people worked on it
>it's based on one of the most influential scifi books ever...make people care about that
>removed "princess" from the title to distance it from Disney princess movies. Removed "Mars" from the title to distance it from Mars needs moms. But now you're left with the most generic title ever
>had a bright red poster. Red is a negative colour people will avoid
>starred a literal nobody when it needed an A-lister

The film didn't deserve to bomb but Disney did everything in their power to make it happen it seems.

She was the best actor in it because she seemed to be the only person involved who was actually trying.

The movie had some great lore with tons of potential, but all we got was a road movie that took its merry time to get to Tomorrowland and didn't really do much when it got there.

The early buildup was focused around Walt's connection to Plus Ultra but they cut almost everything related to that out because to quote Lindelof "That would make it feel too much like a Disney movie"

Then you got that prequel novel Before Tomorrowland where a mother and her son get caught in the middle of a conflict between Plus Ultra (featuring Tesla, Howard Hughes and Amelia Earhart who does secret agent shit after her supposed disappearance) and Nazis lead by the mad scientist from Metropolis at the 1939 World's Fair in New York.

is this new? she looks like she's growing

The ending was pretty blatant. They didn't invite a single white male to tomorrowland

It was shit except for robot girl

I think so, got that one and this one just a couple weeks ago

Google says she'll be 14 this year

That's legal where I live

yeah, we're on the same page. "John Carter" ? I literally had friends asking me why I was going to see a romance flick. Disney fucking murdered it in the cradle.

Everything else you say is true as well. They really should have done what they could to bring out the fanbase for that series, because one of the things that movie did pretty well was keep the same "feel" that the books had - popcorn action interlaced with simple humor, overlaid with an absolutely stunningly-imagined SF/fantasy setting.

>>calling it Gauss theorem
>> not divergence theorem
do you think you're better than me or something?

i want to a raffey

Hollywood believes having MARS in the title is a curse at the box office.

Correlation not causation, but try to find a financially successful movie with mars in the title.

Because once they actually got to Tomorrowland it sucked cocks.

Should have been lighthearted retro-scifi bioshock kind of deal, and it was just generic modern scifi with muh clean white walls, which might have been some sort fo commentary but it was still boring as fuck.

>Not the real Stokes' Theorem

The plot is centered around a highly advanced trans-dimensional civilization willfully isolating itself from all of the resources necessary for further advancement (read: people) because they created a machine that isolates and increases the likelyhood of a specific future.

But none of that is actually addressed in the movie, and instead, its a story about a 30-something high school girl asking people who make 30k a year teaching out of a textbook how to fix large scale societal problems, who is also, apparently, the chosen one, destined to solve all the problems of the trans-dimensional civilization, getting lead by the hand into the trans-dimensional civilization by a loli-bot and danny ocean.

Boring ass movie. Took a cool concept and made it dull. The robot making the jetpack work was the only part i found some charm in.

>interesting premise
>good director
>big budget
>Why wasn't it good?
>What went wrong, guys? I just can't figure out why this keeps happening

oh the movie was a pretty huge abortion even without the "bad marketing" excuse. The lead was horrid and they were trying to make john carter into angry jack sparrow, who was, of course, completely invulnerable once he got to mars, for literally no reason.

Not to mention that plotline about space-jews ruling the solar system from the shadows.

>bad
>implying

it was patrician-core

haven't seen it, by the way

>for literally no reason.
What? He had earth normal strength on a planet with a third of the gravity. Remember when he first gets to barsoom and had to learn how to walk without leaping?

Stop using your short attention span as a criticism for film.

>why was tommorowland so bad?
I can't think of three George Clooney movies I like.

Fuck him

It was Atlas Shrugged for kids but they couldn't end it like Atlas Shrugged because the Jews would shut it down so they went straight up elitist environmentalism.

This.
I was cackling the entire time.
>main villain is white british guy
>characters say "We need fresh blood to change things up!"
>goes and gets exclusively minorities

It was very flawed, but I still liked it.

>62% less gravity means people will be able to leap hundreds of feet into the air, and be completely invulnerable
... you're a special kind of stupid

on global scale, white people are the minority, bro.