It's 2 am and I'm drunk as shit

It's 2 am and I'm drunk as shit.

What am I doing with my life?

I made a game. It's on Steam. It made ~80k in the first 6 months. That's awesome! But I've lost all motivation. I feel like I don't need to do anything anymore. I drink almost every day. I play games, get drunk, and waste my life on the internet.

I just don't know.

Wut kind of game m8

what was the game you made?

It's a space game with loot and building. I'm not going to say the name.

I still work on it, I still do updates, but like.. I've lost all motivation to do anything.

Maybe starsone or empyrion, make another game, motivation = money

It's crazy. Before this game (not confirming or denying anything) I had so many ideas. Nothing comes now. It's like.. before I had a million ideas, of every kind of game. Now.. nothing. I get bored and just want to drink.

>not making the greatest game ever
>not becoming a rich playboy
its like you dont want me to enjoy myself in some other fantasy world user quit being a lazy ass and make a great game so i can masturbate with it on in the background

Maybe make a friend with the same interests and make something new, or hire someone if you have the money. Or just make a friend in general.

Yeah, like, the game I made is no hit. It's successful.. but I think my problem is I know I probably don't need to do anything for the next 10 years. It's like.. I don't have to, so I'm not going to? I don't know.

I'm just a lazy fuck at heart I guess.

BRB, taking another shot.

>Maybe make a friend with the same interests and make something new
fuck I wish, I'm not good with making friends

>hire someone if you have the money
Look, I don't want to speak bad about people that I've worked with. I love my art guy. I love my social media guy. But we're not friends. We work together. I pay them. They do awesome work. But we're not friends. They just want more work, more money.

not everybody is friendless like you jackass
oh well you could take this and try to make somthing out it or or or or be complacent and drift thru life aint a bad deal in itself

What you need is a company vacation.

> complacent and drift thru life aint a bad deal in itself

It's making money now, but by my projections unless I do a huge expansion or something it's going to be making less than 20k a year in ~5 years. I can't drift on this. Probably looks good on a resume so I'm not worried though.

I just.. I don't know. It's like I set a goal, reached it, and it wasn't what I expected. And now I don't know what to do.

do what your heart tells you to do;
gift poor anons steam games

>gift poor anons steam games
>do what your heart tells you to do
my heart tells me to get drunk, do drugs, and fuck hookers. I feel like I shouldn't listen to it.

All the time. I've given like 1000 keys out :D In begging threads and shit.

disregard what i said before and become pic related

its probably some fatigue or something idk im no doctor but eventually youll get your motivation back(hopefully) but in time enjoy being drunk and keep hydrated

youre a good guy

lol. i fucking love the internet.

>enjoy being drunk and keep hydrated
I drink a glass of water with ever shot. I would now consider myself an experienced alcoholic :D ... :| ... :(

are the keys keys of the game you created?

I'll keep giving out keys. Like, why not.. fuck. You people have given me thousands of dollars.. thank you so much. I can't say how grateful I am. I'll keep doing updates and giving out keys. Fucking love you guys

yeah man. steam devs can generate an unlimited number of keys for free. so I give them out, because .. well because im drunk., and I love you guys.

I wont in this thread, because i'm annon, but I do in steam key beg threads all the time

love you too, random game developer

nice trips, fuckin sicc

user*

i've been drinking.

nice trips Game Dev user

sweet jesus.. it's like a sign from above!

i better... take another shot! brb

Man less hedonism (e.g. drinking/gaming) means more motivation.

This lack of interest is an illusion from the alcohol.
> Get off it, never again and YOU'RE way better.

80k in six months, fucking do whatever dude, you can make like 20-30k a year washing dishes or working in a warehouse, if inspiration strikes you to do more, at least make note of it so you can follow through later, but by all means coast for a bit if you want. You did a cool thing, take advantage.

dont mind me just checking these dubs

Send money to my account. I will buy a yacht and travel the world while you... you can suicide.

any more hints on what the game is?

You're telling me to stop drinking, right?

dude you have no idea how happy it makes me.. but, like, the happyness doesn't last. I think about it, I get excited, but then.. I don't know what to do. I'll keep working onthe game. probably one day I'll do another. but I feel like I'm wasting away.

but I'm having a hell of a drunk time doing it!

honestly, I wish I had more friends. I have a gf.. but I'm pretty sure she's only with me because I have a nice house and money. :(

both of these anons have got a point one takes the high road and the other a more cozier and slightly funner road

Well, yes.

The alcohol makes you feel great, in the moment, at the cost of all enjoyment after (from anything).

>be 32
>Own home outright
>Have six figure in savings
>Don't need to work anymore
>Keep working
>Wonder why I work
>Not much I can't buy
>Possessions seem so easy to acquire now
>Lose all motivation to acquire more
>Can't relate to idiots who still pursue possessions

Welcome to success OP

sell all of your posessions and go off the grid

ever try LSD, mushrooms or mescaline?

Maybe it's time to make that jump

> will buy a yacht
lol I don't have that much money...

80k in 6 months.

- morgage (15k) - food/internet/living expenses (2.4k), - server/game fees (1k), -alcohol (2k) - other shit i've bought (apparently 30k FUCK) = 29k

I have 29k left in my account. A yacht is like 100k man.

Shit.. i've spent a lot of money.

space, building, items and shit. I'm user, and that's how I like it. Maybe it's one of the games the guy said, maybe not!

Yea, i coasted for a while but I felt like shit not working. Your fine, its normal, just know you have it in you to do more. Its nice you don't have to for now but obviously remember you can. Sorry... im drunk too XD

I've done mush, not the other two. I've smoked a lot of weed, and drank an ocean.

user what do you do are you a programmer? if so where did you learn.

gift me rocket league on steam

Nice to meet you drunk user!

Costing is fine. I know I'm going to survive, to get by, but.. I want more, I just don't know what I want. Girls? Well yeah. More money? Sure. But.. like, what do I want with my life?

Yeah thats existential shit...

You've been taught your whole life to be successful. No one ever told you what to do after you've done that. Because honestly no one expected you, or anyone else , to actually do it.

This is why successful people only hang around other successful people . Because only they know what it's truly like to be successful behind the flashy lifestyles.

you need to start a company with some other people. share ideas and feed off each others inspiration.

please*

rude cunt.

OP are you a Califag?

I do 100% of the programming, like 20% of the art, maybe 20% of the social media bullshit, like 50 percent of the marketing/steam page/trailer stuff.

How did I learn? One day I wanted to play a very specific kind of game. I looked for days on the internet and couldn't find any game that fit exactly what I wanted to play. So I started googling how to make games. I found a shit ton of engines and frameworks.. and I look at all of them. I did all of the tutorials, then decided on one (XNA for my first game) then made it. I programmed it, I got the graphics/art from optengameart.org, and I released it for free. Mostly nobody played it. Like maybe 200 people. Total flop.

After that, I made another game. A voxel game, think minecraft meets zelda. I never released it because I never finished it. But I learned a lot by making it. Then I looked for a game that people wanted to play that didn't exist. I read forums, mIRC, Sup Forums, all kinds of game sites, even fucking reddit, and then I wrote down ideas for a game people wanted that didn't exist. Then I started making it. I put the first shitty alpha builds on the reddit for gamedev, and on Sup Forums, I took the feedback and made it better. I did this for about 2 years. Then I submitted it to steam, got it accepted, and .. people liked it :) not everybody, but enough people.

I've started a company. I registered a name and have a sole proprietorship. I employ an artist, a social media guy, and 1 programmmer/leveldesigner/graphic designer (shes awesome).

>OP are you a Califag?
Guilty as charged lol

Damn I was jealous at first. But your life seems so...... empty. God speed user.

Empty describes it very accurately.

brb taking another shot.

because it's 3am and what else am I going to do lol

Don't worry to much about that it happens with anyone who want's to work on art.
You have a bad case of writers block it happens to the best of us, I had it for about six months without writing anything drugs usually just made me lazier and procrastinate more.
I'm not saying it was a bad thing though the time I've spent doing them has definitely given me some ideas for my writing at least.
You have to let it come natural otherwise you will end up with something forced that you aren't happy with.

But maybe it's not coming because it doesn't have to, right? I have no need anymore.

sure your drive will never come back and life will remain this empty 4ever now pleas shitposting your taking up my precious trap/cringe/rekt/fap threads

stop*

Well that my friend is truly up to you.
No one says you have to rush back into doing this if you feel like it's holding you back then maybe you should take a break for a while to clear your head and decide on what you truly
feel like doing and investing your time in.

Very well. I'll take another shot.

It's not even about that.

I like making games. I love it. But it's like.. Why make games when I can get drunk and fuck hookers?

Yeah. The other user was right. I'm too hedonist.

>I'm too hedonist.

I am too. Trust me, in the long run, IT'S NOT A GOOD THING.

It's 3:09 am.

I just took another shot.

I have a fridge full of beer, and a cabinet full of vodka, gin, whisky, and rum.

What am I doing with my life?

I'm figuring that out by action.

are you near SD? Lets party.

San Diego? yeah sometimes. give me your email, twitter, phone number, or whatever.

I suggest a temporary email, because, user, you know?

I hear yah but with that rational you could have both you know.
You need some kind of income though if you plan on just fucking hookers and drinking that lifestyle isn't cheap.
I spent all of my early twenties on into my mid twenties doing drugs jobless and not giving a fuck so I could see how that might seem enticing, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how you really feel about this.
I've given up on a few things I use to enjoy doing
not that I won't come back to them one day I just have interest else where now it happens.

if its starforge i want my money back you filthy cunt.

lol, no, it's not starforge. fuck those guys.

wait, fuck, I'm not supposed to confirm or deny.

so.. uh.. yeah maybe lol but no, fuck those assholes.

Time to start flipping through all the space games And find out which ones only have 4 employees

uh, what games list how many employees they have?

ok, it's 3:32am. I better take a shot.

None probably, but if you stalk hard enough maybe you can find weird info

holy fuck boys, im getting pretty fucking hammered lol