You can only post ITT if you have a modern air force

You can only post ITT if you have a modern air force.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano
businessinsider.com/expensive-f35-snag-years-to-fix-2017-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X_program
youtube.com/watch?v=7XeViHEWzLk
youtu.be/ZtZNBkKdO5U
comprehensiveinformation.wordpress.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fufu_(dog)
youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Indian_military_aircraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol fuk u :D

Isn't the most modern out of those planes the one with the propeller?

>His air force doesn't look aesthetically pleasing as fuck

What are you, some kind of non-country?

Yep.

I managed to sit in one a few years ago. Pretty neat.

>super tucano
MY FICK

Pls buy.

That actually is neat

Yep, barely fit since i'm tall.

how much? working on my ppl here

Say thank you, America.

9 to 14mi USD depending on the version.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

>be japanese
>tsunami wipes out your airforce

Doesn't sweden use that lion in their planes as well?

F-15?

>tfw had one of the best air forces at one point

nah, f-2 (f-16 based multirole plane)

uh y-yeah totally
100% modern

Grippens are noice other than that not very unique

Oh, looked like a F15, i'm drunk.

I challenge someone to find a country with a more outdated airforce than ours
>north korea is cheating

No jets?

Nope. Not even one. We have like 6 of those WWII-era planes and that's it. Also something like 2 tanks in the army and 4 ships in the navy

They're turboprops so way better than WWII.

Quite useful to bomb jungle niggers.

>trying to post
>this unsolvable captcha comes up
>tfw had to buy a pass just to post ITT

pfft.. not having a Cross in ur planes.. absolutely haram...

Just click on three points around the plane, dumbfuck.

>not a bacalhau

You actually just bought one of those to us

Soon

Soon

Wakemeup.png

a e s t h e t i c

Indonesia is making F-22 now?

SU-34 is more.

cute

T-thanks.

The Mexican air force is alright, the TC-6 and the blackhawks are both good platforms which do a good combined 90% of what we need, transport/cargo is decent and the grobs are a good base on which to train pilots. They've even begun working on developing native aircraft.

Really all we are missing is a frontline fighter for air superiority. It's a political mess it's become such a hard sell politically speaking but ignorance runs deep. With the way the presidential plane has been savaged in the press (the dreamliner does actually make sense from a technical/costs point of view) getting any support for a fighter is next to imposible despite it being badly needed. We are down to 3 barely flying F5s as our sole supersonics with the current plans being to try get another 3 working. This presidential term is now gone/lost in terms of acquisitions and I can't see any sane reason whoever comes next will expose themselves to paying such a high political price for something that should really just be as simple as replacing assets integral to minimal national security needs.

Best case scenario we'll get something used and hardly functional which long term will be more expensive to keep flying, and I'm looking at a good 4-6 years minimum before that happens. It's part of the hubris in our political classes which simply is too fucking uninformed to care.

But the air force guys have in all fairness done as good as they can with what they've got and is a credit they were able to get some good units from Peña's early term spending spree.

The retiring them was an attempt by the air force to get noticed, but its clear that the government sees our air force as their personal air line, in all fairness, the ground crews do miracles.
And we dont need air superiority fighters, anything from F-16s Jas-39 or equivalent will be enough, but if we really want to "secure our air space" at least 3 squadrons, even one for the navy would be needed, also the T-33 died about a decade ago, nothing ever replaced them, also I think the plan to replace the light combat helicopters to AH-6 platforms was ditched, but everything else its pretty ok, very small but ok...

Thanks america-san

THIRD WORLDERS GET OUT REEEEEEEE

Still maintain only the highest quality pilots in the world.

an airforce is only as good as its pilots

Proofs?

Man that's rough. I'm surprised that Mexican politicians aren't selling the whole "we can't let America protect us we can protect ourselves" mindset.

What jets would you want your country to acquire?

Why don't take some F-16 from US while the negotiations for new jets goes?

F-35C had some problems this week.

businessinsider.com/expensive-f35-snag-years-to-fix-2017-1

Woops

Another 50billion dollar fix i see :DDD

meh, the Texans/blackhawks can certainly cover for anything the AH-6 could do with the right add ons although it's a pity those helos got axed. COIN isn't something we need really, other than than UAVs for intelligence/recon and I may have misspoken when I wrote about air superiority when really what I meant was interceptors, which the planes you mention would do (IMHO I'd much rather they'd get some f-15s, although I'll admit that's an out of the question pipedream) but the thing here is whatever is acquired will depend more on awareness/weapons package than the fighetr's native characteristics.

You need something that can handle with some authority most air forces in the Central America-Caribbean region for which properly equipped LIFTs would do (we might as well face the T-33 are never getting replaced) with the focus on good enough radar and beyond visual range systems you can credibly threaten the far fetched worst case scenarios (Venezuelan SU-29s and F-16s) the F5s can do the former but not the latter. Ironically enough modern trans-sonic LIFTs woul do even if less capable on paper, on just having up to standard avionics and missiles, and they can certainly handle interception of commercial jets too fast for the Texans, which is basically what the F5s do when they're not guarding a small summit or the oil platforms. It's also the only way we'll ever afford more than a single squadron and I'd rather have that than half a dozen broken down f-16s which the air force has to limit operations on because of cost.

Honduras isn't flying their F5s from what I know and with 2 super-Tucanos they're the best equipped air force in the region, a weaponized version of whatever wins the American T-X program

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-X_program

would do the job. Granted no one wants this, the air force seems dead set on f-16s but I'm being a realist here, you could push that on having the generals lobby directly to oposition parties which can't say no CONT

CONT at least not publicly, to something that's no nonsense reasonable and in keeping with republican austherity. You get new cheaper to fly airplanes at half what used ones would cost, a quarter what new f-16s would go for, that will still get the job done. Pair that with a good AWACS platform and really it's only the .00001% scenario in which we have to deal with 5th generation jets that's a problem, even the Venezuelans would have to rely on aerial refueling just to get a couple of planes in range and if we can see them (and in theory shoot at them) you're doing everything an f-16 would do.

Overall I think we agree on the diagnosis although I'll admit I have a rather unique view on a practical solution.

Venezuela can barely put their planes in the air and they don't have AWACS or Air Refueling capabilites.

we have the money.

Might have a Trump in the way.

We haz F-35, reaper drones, apaches, chinooks. Good puppet we be.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XeViHEWzLk

Officially our doctrine is we don't require defending as we don't have enemies. It's beyond ridiculous when we are discussing minimal capabilities here, mostly for intercepting narco airplanes and guarding summits, but the traditional logic is the expense is disproportional and the threat of a military government (which is deeply entrenched in opur psyche given Latin American history) outweights advantages as those planes could potentially be used against the people, even when in reality we've already got far more cost effective ways to kill civilians if the army ever got into that.

Because negotiations would first require congress to be on board. Tbqh I don't think we'll be getting any planes during a Trump presidency, the Mexican government won't cross the Americans buying from somebody they don't aprove of and dealing with Trump on this issue is off the table politically, I don't think he'll lend us fighter planes while we are an obstacle in his fulfilling a key campaign promise.

They do have one tanker, I don't know if it's operational but the scenario I'm going with is the conflict we had with Guatemala in the 50's, Venezuela is not an hostile government but it's the closest thing in the region.

Why not Eurofighters or Gripens?

Also would be fun if Mexico gets some Su-30 or a chinese copy of it.

Yep, one 707.

Still they wouldn't be so useful for long range missions. At least in our case here, they'd have to cross halfway the country to hit the capital.

kek, yeah those would be fun, gripens have American parts and they can technically block any unauthorized sales. As for any European plane we'd for practical purposes also need American approval, they could block the sale on just asking them not to sell.

As for Chinese airplanes I don't see that, while no doubt you might find China willing to hit the Americans, they'd probably retaliate directly against us in some fashion. It's not that we can't buy from them (we've got more than a few Russian helos) is de facto they have to be on board. Ordinarily it isn't hard to get them to approve these things although they have used their leverage in the past to force us into buying mostly American (we've got a huge useless contract to buy something like 3,000 obsolete hummers right now) but again we are in Trump world, our government is hurting bad for money trying to prop up the peso and shoring reserves for whatever he'll try after he takes office, I don't think the America first president will authorize anything but purchases of US equipment, and military sales do require we are in good terms first which seems unlikely.

Best case scenario if things "work out" is we'll get authorized to buy something second hand, and that's not going to be Peña but whoever president comes next for us.

Forgot to add, those are obsolete but brand new hummers, might be something of a bargaining chip for the Mexican government.

I don't think the new US govt would veto the sales becase of Trump's autism over Mexico.

If that's the case, Russian jets it's the way, Chinese would be a big "fuck you" too.

MOVE ASIDE LADDIES

BOSS IS HERE

Like I said the issue is politically sensitive and there's riots over cutting subsidies on gasoline right now, there's no way the current government will even try to buy fighetr jets.

And even if they did, they're certainly not going to say "fuck you" to America, things are bad enough without our government escalating things on our side.

Nah, the air force will have to bite the bullet on this one once again, find some new magical ceremony to keep the F5s flying, and revisiting the issue when we are not on the brink of a financial breakdown, assuming they can somehow convince enough politicians to support it.

Yeah, saw on the news that.

Who's modernizing the F-5's?

Why India has fighters jets of every country?

F-22 and variants are aesthetically pleasing. Why did we drop it in favor of the inferior F-35?

These are pretty aesthetic tbqh

Beep-beep motherfucker.

Can someone explain these planes to me, are they good or not. I can never get a straight answer, some people tell they are the GOAT and some tell me they are broken hunks of trash that can't fly in a straight line and some just say they are adequate. Why all the argy-bargy over the all the dollarydoos spent over these hi-tech flying machines?

Lobbysts basically.

It's very good.

But the problems are too much since almost everything is new.

Not sure, 3 engines are being overhauled in Switzerland and there's currently 3 flying (or as of last notice) so capabilities really are minimal, these are suposed to be some opf the younger airframes left.

They're great planes but I think they're at a point that were there options they'd be retired.

The joke is lost on you

I like the F-5, it's pretty aesthetic and aerodynamic, too bad is old as fuck.

Just got it.

Corruption and political kickbacks my friend.

Must have to be a VERY strong Lobby for them.

They have fighters jets that goes to Boeing to Sukhoi.

Pls buy.

Because the aircraft would have required entirely rebuilding and it was arguably cheaper to build a new aircraft around the new technology than adapt and existing design.

Check those links m8, should sort you right.

youtu.be/ZtZNBkKdO5U

comprehensiveinformation.wordpress.com/

Some air force.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fufu_(dog)

A few months later, US Ambassador Ralph L. Boyce attended a gala dinner in honour of the Crown Prince at which the dog appeared "dressed in formal evening attire complete with paw mitts".[5] Boyce reported further that Fufu had been "promoted" to the rank of air chief marshal in the Royal Thai Air Force.

Here's a quality one.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxDSiwqM2nw

Meant for OP

Underrated post

Google KFX IFX brah

India needs to sort themselves and begin replacing their core fighters fleets with a single aircraft.

I'd probably say Gripen would be good to make up the bulk. Rafale/Gripen/PAKFA would be a fairly capable force on paper.

Spray is a moron, take a read of "Revolt of the majors" in Google to see why.

Russian fear tiger very much

Right now they have a clusterfuck of fighters, i don't see them aiming to a single or two different aircrafts so soon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Indian_military_aircraft

I was just memeing about Sprey senpai.

Ah, I was a little confused why you posted it when I know, that you knew better than that.

>post 90's rap
Respect for old school

F-35 memes are always fun.

/k/ loves it.

I guess I'm the guy making the flight high school post

With the political and economic situation government it's lucky the armed forces remain "calm" or "loyal" to them.

There was a children's program in the UK based around a woman who would fly that aircraft with her dog.

:3

>if I put it on a bingo board, that makes it not true
Too bad that shitheap's become too big to kill

Silly Algerian, you have no air force

Not an argument.