youtube.com/watch?v=170GfcR1i_A
youtube.com/watch?v=X36bHNHtiOs
youtu.be/Wme2EARaaEk
soundcloud.com/spiralmachine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>crazyaga level gay attention whore OP
people need to stop replying to you as well

shit tier setup, 2bh. looks like you were playing jenga with your amps

Why aren't you playing classical guitar?
It's beautiful, includes many techniques you've never thought about using, is a great creative tool, and gives you complete mastery over the guitar as an instrument rather than an effects conduit limited to how many pedals you have.

Modern classical pieces are clever and innovative, taking full advantage of the guitar.
youtube.com/watch?v=qfxnG4JIx_8
youtube.com/watch?v=5zametsMzvU (I've played this one, if you have questions about it)
youtube.com/watch?v=wL4snMJbLks

Mustangs are queer. When you play those do you wind up on the lawn, too?

I was thinking the same thing
He should really plug them into each other

>no sweep picking
why even bother

because im shit at regular guitar, what makes you think I can do that kind of playing?

While i like spanish classical guitar, i don't play it myself because i like making heavy riffs and squealy solos. I leave the classical to just listening to.

I'm going to not be able to play for 3 months.
Will I loose some skills ?
What can I do to avoid that ?

Which VST plugins do you recommend?
I hear a lot about Bias, Amplitube, and Recabinet

>no floyd rose

pfft no thanks

It would be a lot of fun challmging yourself.
Formal discipline can really help one's ability.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ldhh6FrM4H4
Playing 3 octave arpeggios is a real bastard on guitar because of the enormous leaps to be made, but this is one of the closest things to what you're looking for.

Fair enough.

I've got a cheap classical guitar, will it be good enough to learn some of the basics? I don't think I'll be doing any crazy shit any time soon

>Pfft no way fag
Imagine classical guitar is a 10/10 curvy woman begging you to finger her and impregnate her with beautiful musical babies.
Would you really deny her because she doesn't have a metal dick for you to helicopter?

For sure, as long as tuning stability is okay and the temperament is such that it's not offensive to play up to the twelfth fret, you should be golden.

>Go month or two without practicing
>Hear how I've gotten worse due to lack of practice
>Hearing how I've gotten worse sucks out my motivation to practice
>Go awhile without practicing
>Next time I play guitar I'm even worse and even less motivated

how do I fight this cycle? I had a good six months or so when I started and made alright progress, but then I got a gf and now she sucks up most of my time(we pretty much spend all day every day together) and I never think to practice causing me to get worse at playing guitar causing me to practice less.

What do /gg/, I need help

force yourself to practice every day

dump gf, girls are normies and only impede your progress. i bet she cant even into the circle of fifths

Get her a guitar

allot time to practicing guitar. set boundaries with your girlfriend and let her know that playing guitar means a lot to you. i dont know man just make it happen and stop looking for someone to make it easier for you. JUST DO IT or don't and get on with your life

all bad advice, kick her ass to the curb. you're always going to be shit if there's pussy around

I went 2 years without playing, and picked it up again like nothing happened.

You'll be fine. Guitar is like riding a bike, you never forget.

Delete this

Air guitar

She had a bass but this one guy borrowed it from her and she dislikes him so much she never tried to get it back because she doesn't want to see his face.
but i love her
But she's always around and my practice isn't anything to be proud of and I doubt she'd want to listen to it.
She's really clingy, and I don't have the heart to tell her I need some alone time, the last time I said maybe she should go home a little early she started crying.

no you know why old bloozedads just buy a lot of gear and never play.

>/Gg/
jfc kys

>i love her
not an excuse to sacrifice your guitar skills. if you truly care about guitar, you'll make the right choice (its dumping her and making guitar your only love btw)

Aren't you a Mexican or some shit?

I love kfc too

When I grow my nails out they snag strings when I go back to using a plectrum. And having long nails makes tapping harder.

so cut your nails?

>there are """"musicians"""" here who aren't married to their guitar
>these same """""musicians""""" spend time with females who don't play guitar themselves
For what purpose?

If I do that how do I into classical?

me too and for picking my nose

youtube.com/watch?v=170GfcR1i_A

I'd rather listen to that kinda stuff than actual classial guitar. It's harder to play too

What do you two do together? You can't just practice your guitar while she watches netflix or browses social media or something?

that video proves my hypothesis right that all fat people make shit music

I have that issue as well, the only solution is to not play with a pick anymore or adjust the height at which you hold the pick, which becomes easier to do as your right hand develops.
Didn't notice a difference for tapping really, but I don't play much electric guitar music where controlled rasgueado of some kind didn't suffice.

That guys a mad cunt with the thumbpick on the e string

retarded phone poster
>all that pristine gear that obviously never gets played
>pedals don't even get stomped on
>no closet for your clothes
How do I get my priorities fucked up like this?

I do. I mostly play anime OSTs though. Stuff like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=X36bHNHtiOs

>harder to play than classical
No, nothing in the guitar's very diverse repertoire is which is why I'm going to refute this once and not get into this dick measuring contest.

What are some nice beginner fingerpicking songs to learn?

because I don't have one and can't be bothered to learn proper classical technique when I can just slap the shit out of strings, pop them, tap them, rake them and make cooler sounds.

Not to mention i prolly can't do it, and if i could some of the "magic" would be gone

Neat

thats fucking disgusting, actually hang yourself please

Dust in the Wind

Desolate Ways

Look at the last tune in that post called "Benga Beat"
I think you'll like it.
I bet you can, it takes dedication and when starting out it feels like beating your head against a brick wall, but progress comes easier after the initial year.

youtu.be/Wme2EARaaEk

>muh shredding
fat fuck probably shredded into a big mac right after this

In a lot of ways, I'm very glad the 80's are over.

He probably did yeah

>proving his point even further
wew bet you feel stupid

that was adorable

So I've recorded few tracks, anyone cares to check out and leave some opinion? It's a sort of classick metal/hard rock I'd say
soundcloud.com/spiralmachine

so we all agree that fat people can't into music right?
>inb4 fat fuck responds boasting about his "skill"

lol

Slav,nice dubs btw

i didnt have the photo problem back in 2012-2013, idk what happened here, it fixes itself on other sites though.
> pristine
thanks m8, i use the 2x12 for all my amps depending on the gig (small bar vs actual spacious venue) the super champs is for when i go to a friend or bandmates house to jam and one sits on top of my desk. the only thing that doesnt really get used is the olive green mustang since i bought it for the neck and im selling the body or using it for an HH project. some of my pedals are fairly new but they have a bit of scarring, my boss reverb, sparrow and polytune were my main gigging pedals in high school so theyve been beat but the rest are starting to wear in. also thats my specific clothes rack for my ironic t shirts

>meme guitar
>meme speakers
>capeshit
>311
>that avatar in the bottom left which is far too thin
man, why do fat people suck so fucking much?
>le beard and undercut
>mac

This. I got this one gf when i was like 16. Until then i was making decent enough progress for the some 2+ years I had been playing. She was into the guitar playing until i guess she saw it got more attention. She gave up the pussy and won the attention battle.
>but i love her
Me too. I was fucking 16. I'm still with her, and I'm 33. She's almost 9 mos pregant with our 3rd kid. My guitar playing is finally getting somewhere what I'd wanted it to be when i was 16, because i spend most of my free time playing now(which isnt much, an hour or so after work when the kids go to bed) because it saves more $ than going out.
She was a keeper cause she bought me gear, even tho I'd hardly use it cuz i was getting laid. That's life. I mean, realistically i prolly made the right choice, because I'd never have been able to buy a house and support 4 other people on a hack guitar player's salary

But I do user, almost all of my music making has been on my classical guitar lately.

>Look at the last tune in that post called "Benga Beat"
>I think you'll like it.
Fucking spot on user.
Never thought about partially muting and the strings when doing chords/polyphony, that's inspiring.

Whoa! I think this is the dude who sucked my Dads dick when he was a roadie back in the day! My Dad says he was begging everyone to let him suck their dicks because there weren't any gay clubs out in the middle of nowhere when they were on tour. My dad says he got tired of hearing him so he let him do it in the bathroom in a gas station when they stopped one night.

>She had a bass but this one guy borrowed it from her and she dislikes him so much she never tried to get it back because she doesn't want to see his face.

If you don't go get that bass back right now you're a cuck

Right on, we need a larger palette of original music written for the guitar.
The (classical) guitar's repertoire consists of about half arrangements and half original tunes. Granted that's still more music than anyone could play in 100 lifetimes, but more is welcome and keeps the instrument relevant.

Fucking a chick rotten until she's squealing then passes out when you're done, and sitting on the edge of the bed playing guitar while she snores is probably the best thing ever.

Just wash your hands before you start playing

>not letting your guitar smell like pussy
what the fuck

You've got it user, it's a very modern idea and Gary Ryan's works are extremely good.
Look up some more of his music for extra inspiration.
He pushes the guitar to its limits.

>I bet you can
Eh, maybe.. i don't have a classical guitar tho. My gma gave me my grandfather's old nylon string when i was 5. It's one of those no-name chinese ones not worth anything except sentiment. I trashed it cuz 5. i still have it tho... I've been meaning to fix it. Maybe i will now. Thanks

Most bass players are the fattest guys in the band. I've always found that interesting

>uploading a pic sideways

Fucking idiot.

>bass players
>musicians

I really like it
I just feel like there's some hesitation going on with the drums

What genres do you listen to?

If phone posters were banned from making threads like they ought to be, this sort of shit wouldn't happen

Yeah, about that. I just play my own arrangements or transcriptions (not sure which is more appropriate) of lute songs at the moment. I wouldn't know where to begin composing.

this is a nice colour

Lmao. I was going to add "or have a designated guitar just for that" but i erased it. I didn't want to come across as the degenerate i am. On an anonymous board. For some reason

looks like shit

Join the army?

Well, thank you. The drummer also shares your opinion about his playing. These days I mostly listen to 70s heavy rock stuff, 70s Judas Priest and Hawkwind are my main inspirations.

>this is a nice colour
Agreed.

we're all degenerates, anyone who says they're not is lying or in denial

you should see a doctor

>we
Leave it to a degenerate to not understand that he only speaks for himself.

>paying the health industry jews my money so they can inject me with autism vaccines
"no"

Which is perfectly fine, composing is god damned hard.
I remember doing some studies on guitar counterpoint.
It's not nicely or formally documented like it on the piano because the popular plucked string instrument from every period was for the most part the "instrument of the people" or of the "poor and under-educated."
Which is not to say they were musically illiterate, but formal study(and especially a history of it) just didn't happen like on harpsichord/piano/organ.
We do have some champions of the guitar though, Mauro Giuliani, Carcassi, Sor, Mertz, Weiss(lute), etc
They rarely wrote books on composition.

shut up faggot, you know it's true. the fact that you post on this site is proof of that

Classical Gas. Mandatory finger plucking tune. Also it's not very difficult and will teach you some things that apply directly to more difficult songs.

Yeah the denial part for me. I mean, i typed it all out then deleted it.

How so? And he lives out of town now, he's had it for over a year now. It'd be weird if I just popped up out of nowhere like "plz return guitar"

it'd be weird if you even asked, just take it back and never call it a guitar again you stupid faggot

>this is what degenerates have to tell themselves to justify their degeneracy
>that everyone else is a degenerate just like they are
Whatever you need to tell yourself, I guess. Enjoy your stay in Hell for all eternity.

>World War 2 OD Green
Looks like someone melted a plastic army man collection and poured it over a strat.

>tough talk from a guy who plays a tiny 25" scale instrument

I play sitar, I only come here for the memes. Bassists are literally the downies of the musical world

Is this pasta? I've never seen this before